SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Do you read the posts at Bville? There have been a few posters that have said the players were wrong, that they should be punished, and that NDSU handled things poorly. The rest have wanted to sweep the whole thing under the rug and move on with the season, because there is another championship to win and nothing should get in the way of buttfootball at NDSU.

At least until the next midnight meeting of the UND Conspiracy Council where we'll be discussing 'su bouncyball ...

We're not reading the same threads. The biggest concerns I've seen are over which media outlet is trying hardest to screw over NDSU, because everyone seems to be out to get NDSU according to Bville. I've seen little or no concern about the actual effects of the crime.

You're wrong.

Does anyone know if these players applied for the position? I heard the Bresciani on Heitcamp today and he made the comment that these players were probably targeted by this company as high profile people. So did the company approach one or more of these guys and ask them to do this. I've heard this excuse many times and it sounds to me its more of a cry for pity. He also mentioned that these guys have probably "suffered more than the average student". No kidding, probably cause the average student would not have their coach and AD tripping all over their dicks and putting their feet in their mouths trying to come up with excuses on why they shouldn't get in trouble.

I respect the man for coming on the radio. Unfortunately to me after hearing the interview a second time on McFeely, he came across as a man making excuses for his this whole situation and the players involved.

Does anyone know if these players applied for the position? I heard the Bresciani on Heitcamp today and he made the comment that these players were probably targeted by this company as high profile people. So did the company approach one or more of these guys and ask them to do this. I've heard this excuse many times and it sounds to me its more of a cry for pity. He also mentioned that these guys have probably "suffered more than the average student". No kidding, probably cause the average student would not have their coach and AD tripping all over their dicks and putting their feet in their mouths trying to come up with excuses on why they shouldn't get in trouble.

I respect the man for coming on the radio. Unfortunately to me after hearing the interview a second time on McFeely, he came across as a man making excuses for his this whole situation and the players involved.

Doesn't Bresciani need balls to trip over his own d***? ..... On second thought. ....

There are times when I think it would be a good idea to start playing this game again, but reading and being involved in this thread is making me not miss it one bit.

This relationship is so toxic on both sides. Both sides lose any semblance of rationality or objectivity and it is physically difficult to read.

Someday I hope this rivalry gets back up and running, but I do not miss the toxic bs that gets spewed back and forth. It brings out the worst out of both fanbases.

Without any regard for the legal system, the lack of ethics and common sense on the part of these ten players should shake up the entire administration from Bohl to the top. When you have something notarized (I believe that I read these were notarized signatures by the petition gatherers), you are swearing under oath that it is truthful. My only issue with the judges sentence is that he should have required a mandatory class on ethics.

Someday I hope this rivalry gets back up and running, but I do not miss the toxic bs that gets spewed back and forth. It brings out the worst out of both fanbases.

It sure would be nice to be able to rip on each other based on happenings "on the field" instead of off it, wouldn't it?

• Upvote 1

Regardless of what anyone here may have as an opinion on ethics or morals etc. It is not the job of a football coach to teach/punish players for ethics or common sense. They can if they want to, but it isn't in their job description.

If our justice system sees this punishment as fit for the crime, I am fine with them serving that punishment and there being nothing more to come from it.

You think it's any different at UND? You're delusional. Mussman would do anything within the NCAA rules to win games. Don't throw the "he suspended guys for missing class" at me either. He wouldn't do that if it were the national championship and it was his starting QB. It's easy to suspend guys for small things when they either aren't important or the game isn't a big game.

Winning football games within the rules that are laid out is the job of a football coach. Period.

It sure would be nice to be able to rip on each other based on happenings "on the field" instead of off it, wouldn't it?

I can agree with that. I would imagine it wouldn't be nearly as toxic if that were the case.

Regardless of what anyone here may have as an opinion on ethics or morals etc. It is not the job of a football coach to teach/punish players for ethics or common sense. They can if they want to, but it isn't in their job description.

If our justice system sees this punishment as fit for the crime, I am fine with them serving that punishment and there being nothing more to come from it.

You think it's any different at UND? You're delusional. Mussman would do anything within the NCAA rules to win games. Don't throw the "he suspended guys for missing class" at me either. He wouldn't do that if it were the national championship and it was his starting QB. It's easy to suspend guys for small things when they either aren't important or the game isn't a big game.

Winning football games within the rules that are laid out is the job of a football coach. Period.

So Robert Morris and Prairie View are big games? :huh:

So Robert Morris and Prairie View are big games? :huh:

It would be easier to have conversation with you Darell if you didn't play dumb all the time.

You are making my point for me. It would have been easy for Coach Bohl to suspend the players for those games without it hurting NDSU's chances of winning significantly. Which is why I had no problem with him letting the justice system wheels turn first.

Coach Bohl made it clear from the beginning he was going to see what the punishment from our legal system would be. If he thinks that the punishment handed out by the judge is sufficient then I believe it is at his discretion.

It isn't his job to punish his players above and beyond what our legal system has. It is his job to field a competitive football team without breaking any rules.

It would be easier to have conversation with you Darell if you didn't play dumb all the time.

You are making my point for me. It would have been easy for Coach Bohl to suspend the players for those games without it hurting NDSU's chances of winning significantly. Which is why I had no problem with him letting the justice system wheels turn first.

Coach Bohl made it clear from the beginning he was going to see what the punishment from our legal system would be. If he thinks that the punishment handed out by the judge is sufficient then I believe it is at his discretion.

It isn't his job to punish his players above and beyond what our legal system has. It is his job to field a competitive football team without breaking any rules.

I thought the job as an educator was to help students succeed? Didn't the football team break rules?

It shows your coach cares about rankings and wins no matter who the opponent is. He knew his players were guilty but didn't care.

It shows your coach cares about rankings and wins no matter who the opponent is. He knew his players were guilty but didn't care.

Exactly the point I am trying to make. His job is to win football games within the rules, how has he not fulfilled that job description?

I thought the job as an educator was to help students succeed? Didn't the football team break rules?

Football coaches are hired to win games. This isn't high school. If Mussman, Bohl or any other coach was 0-11 two years in a row, but had the highest graduation rate and highest GPA with zero criminal offenses, they would still be out of a job.

They broke the law and are being punished accordingly.

Do you think UND or NDSU or any other school has a team rule against what they did? I highly doubt it.

Which I believe is part of the reason Bohl let the process play out. There is hardly a precedent for what happened.

Exactly the point I am trying to make. His job is to win football games within the rules, how has he not fulfilled that job description?

So breaking the law is not against team rules? If NDSU thinks doing extra laps for those players who didn't get suspended is punishment enough...it will catch up to them. The media isn't stupid. This won't go away.

Football coaches are hired to win games. This isn't high school. If Mussman, Bohl or any other coach was 0-11 two years in a row, but had the highest graduation rate and highest GPA with zero criminal offenses, they would still be out of a job.

They broke the law and are being punished accordingly.

Do you think UND or NDSU or any other school has a team rule against what they did? I highly doubt it.

Which I believe is part of the reason Bohl let the process play out. There is hardly a precedent for what happened.

Yes football coaches are to win games, but at the same time they are responsible for controlling a !@#$ storm that hits the team when he does nothing when his players break the law. If he is 11-0 and the media and the NCAA are all over your team...will he still have a job?

Yes football coaches are to win games, but at the same time they are responsible for controlling a !@#$ storm that hits the team when he does nothing when his players break the law. If he is 11-0 and the media and the NCAA are all over your team...will he still have a job?

I know this isn't a popular opinion, because in some ways it sounds like me diminishing what they've done. But, I don't think this would be a big deal anywhere but slow news ND.

Look at the sentences they received, even in the eyes of the law this isn't a big deal.

You make it sound like NDSU is U of Miami in the 80's. If it is truly out of control, not just UND fans thinking it is out of control, than yes even 11-0 and national championships won't save your job.

But it isn't Miami of the 80's, it isn't anything. Bohl has a track record of being a disciplined coach and running a clean locker room outside of a few bad apples that every team deals with. Hardly out of control from any objective perspective.

My bottom line is this: If the legal system has already punished the players, it isn't Coach Bohl job to punish the players further unless he wants to. Given it is his job to win games, why would he go out of his way to punish them above and beyond what our legal system has already done?