SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Don't kid yourself but they had everything to do with NDSU.

No, this didn't have anything to do with NDSU, the fans are the ones that are comparing each situation between schools. Since the cops were not involved, no one would have found out and it could have been taken care of internally (like it used to be back in the day).

So I keep hearing, nobody knows what happened, no police, no charges, no paper . . . and the AD just said "you are suspended"? Is that all part of the transparency? Looks like a complete "we are better than you" move for display purposes only. Maybe they were just chewing gum in class but it was time for a public display. NIce job by the AD in GF kissing up to the masses. Nice strategy, good fodder for a new paper article or two on both sides of this move.

I'm pretty sure I pointed out in an earlier post that the State's Attorney is reviewing reports from the police. As I said in that earlier post, that means the police were involved in some way, and it also usually mean that the details of the investigation can't be released to the public until the investigation is complete. The State's Attorney is the office that decides whether charges will be filed or not. You should be familiar with that fact after the 10 NDSU football players and 3 former NDSU football players were charged through the Cass County State's Attorney office for their voter fraud.

Obviously the UND AD has a pretty good idea about what happened. If the police are involved, the AD can't release details. Plus there are limits to the information that anyone from UND can release because of student privacy laws. But I'm sure that more information will come out whenever the investigation is completed and decisions are made about whether to file charges or not. You may not be aware of this, but this isn't TV or a movie and things don't happen immediately in the legal system. It usually takes some time. I'm pretty sure that I pointed that out to you in an earlier post also, maybe you have some memory issues.

But the real difference is that UND got out front of a situation, unlike the case in Fargo where NDSU has decided it is more important to win football games rather than teach life lessons to students. Those 10 current NDSU football players that have been charged with voter fraud for forging hundreds, or even thousands, of signatures on petitions and then certifying that the signatures are valid. You might remember that they have been charged with class A misdemeanors, which is just 1 step short of a felony, for their actions. And all reports say that every one of the players admitted to the forgery to investigators. But nice try to derail the topic.

Whether or not they botched it, time will tell. If NDSU was a 500 team, we wouldn't be seeing a media frenzie, so part of the problem is the success on the field. What we know for sure is that the latest move up north was a complete in your face (und prespective), a-hole (ndsu perspective) move. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't expect a football game for another 10 years is my take away.

The crimes committed by the NDSU football players are a big deal and would have been widely reported whether NDSU was undefeated or if they hadn't won a game in 3 years. You and some of the other NDSU fans don't grasp that this is actually a serious matter.

UND's handling of the hockey team had nothing to do with showing up NDSU, that was just a side benefit. I would guess that UND did learn what not to do by watching NDSU and Gene Taylor. UND's actions were all about protecting the school and the athletic program, while teaching life lessons at the same time. I guess that some NDSU fans can't understand those concepts, they are more concerned with wins and losses. And it would be harder to win games if you had to suspend 10 players that have been charged with a class A misdemeanor for voter fraud. like the 10 players from NDSU.

• Upvote 2

No, this didn't have anything to do with NDSU, the fans are the ones that are comparing each situation between schools. Since the cops were not involved, no one would have found out and it could have been taken care of internally (like it used to be back in the day).

Do you really believe that Faison and Hak would have done this so publicly if it had not been for NDSU? You are probably the only person here who believes that.

Whether or not they botched it, time will tell. If NDSU was a 500 team, we wouldn't be seeing a media frenzie, so part of the problem is the success on the field. What we know for sure is that the latest move up north was a complete in your face (und prespective), a-hole (ndsu perspective) move. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't expect a football game for another 10 years is my take away.

I would rather have our School and Athletic Department teach our students and student-athletes life lessons than let them run around like a bunch of morons. If not being able to play you in football for 10 years is the solution, so be it. We are moving on to bigger and better things up here and we don't need to play you if you are going to have that kind of attitude.

Yes, I do. If Faison and Hak are sitting in their office wonder what NDSU would do or wouldn't do in this situation than I would say they need to look for different jobs.

If it had not been for NDSU there would have been a blip statement released by Hak saying they were suspended for violating team rules. Faison would not been near it at all. Because of the NDSU fiasco they had to respond totally different than they normally would have with a short blip statement from Hak.

A North Dakota class A misdemeanor is punishable with a maximum penalty of one year imprisonment and/or $2,000 fine.

Supposing the impacts of potential imprisonment for NDSU players, although more likely far-fetched, is not beyond the realm of the possible outcomes.

And yes, the NDSU fiasco has everyone on watch: Faison and the recent UND Hockey incident, and I'm guessing it also impacted how Minnesota handled their over-the-weekend issue involving their hockey team (and losing a player for the season due to injury).

I can't tell if it's stupidity, hatred, or jealousy from your posts. Probably some of each.

Because you are going to have a backlash of pissed off fans if NDSU had to suspend these playes deep into the season with a conference title, playoff seed or even a playoff berth (if NDSU starts falling to the MVFC teams) on the line, instead of suspending them for meaningless games and still very winnable games of RMU and PV. Its not stupidity, its not hatred, and it sure the hell isn't jealousy its called reality. Take off the green and gold glasses and take in the reality. Do you actually think NDSU football is above everything in this state including the law? Where did most judges and lawyers in this state (including Fargo) go to law school...thats right UND. I am sure they will try their best to be impartial. But comments like these players are victims and there will be no suspensions because this crime isn't like an alcohol or sex crime from someone like an AD isn't going to sit well with attorneys and lawmakers. They read the papers too.

A North Dakota class A misdemeanor is punishable with a maximum penalty of one year imprisonment and/or $2,000 fine.

Supposing the impacts of potential imprisonment for NDSU players, although more likely far-fetched, is not beyond the realm of the possible outcomes.

And yes, the NDSU fiasco has everyone on watch: Faison and the recent UND Hockey incident, and I'm guessing it also impacted how Minnesota handled their over-the-weekend issue involving their hockey team (and losing a player for the season due to injury).

Yes it does have people on watch and they are less likely to let things slide bye but by no means is this a "in your face" type of suspension towards NDSU.

Hakstol made a decision based on an incident that he wasn't happy with. Anyone who thinks his decision is based on what occurs at NDSU hasn't a clue. His decision was supported by the AD. Those who think we have a right to know what happened are mistaken. It is none of our business. IF charges are filed it becomes public and feel free to get your grunies bundled at that point if you have nothing better to do. You trust those who are the decision makers to take care of these issues. If you are at the AC then you trust your President, AD and coach to deal with it. They have. UND did what they think needs to be done. I believe over the years UND has been failrly consistent in how these issues are dealt with. This decision has nothing to do with what happened with the FB players at the AC. Over the years Hakstol has run his program as he sees fit. When he cut Matt Frattin a couple of years ago, then later allowed him back had nothing to do with the AC. Neither does this. Similar punishments have been handed out over the years including the occasional year when the AC doesn't have someone in trouble. The AC won't change their decision based on what UND does with our hockey players any more than UND made this decision based on what goes on there or how the media or fans on blogs react.

I don't know why people keep giving the putting winning first at NDSU line. If putting winning first was the issue, they would have sat for pvam, rather than potentially for a major game against UNI, YSU, SDSU, or either ISU, or for that matter, the playoffs. Moreover, only 2 are currently starters, and only Marcus Williams would be a noticeable hit.

Ojuri has a history of minor infractions, mostly about window tint, and i believe one suspended licence charge. I feel his case warranted a suspension.

I don't know why people keep giving the putting winning first at NDSU line. If putting winning first was the issue, they would have sat for pvam, rather than potentially for a major game against UNI, YSU, SDSU, or either ISU, or for that matter, the playoffs. Moreover, only 2 are currently starters, and only Marcus Williams would be a noticeable hit.

Ojuri has a history of minor infractions, mostly about window tint, and i believe one suspended licence charge. I feel his case warranted a suspension.

Ojuri has had much more issues than traffic violations. He's on strike 5 but he's a 1000 yard back so that is acceptable. Remember he already had a one year suspension for multiple infractions and was lucky to get off with that. I'm sure you already knew that being a big fan of both schools and all.

Also, if you think these guys are going to get suspended later in the year, Gene Taylor and Craig Bohl have a nice chunk of land they would like to sell you just north of Fargo. Just write that check out the BSA Improvement Fund.

Ojuri has had much more issues than traffic violations. He's on strike 5 but he's a 1000 yard back so that is acceptable. Remember he already had a one year suspension for multiple infractions and was lucky to get off with that. I'm sure you already knew that being a big fan of both schools and all.

Also, if you think these guys are going to get suspended later in the year, Gene Taylor and Craig Bohl have a nice chunk of land they would like to sell you just north of Fargo. Just write that check out the BSA Improvement Fund.

ojuri was suspended for locker room issues, not legal conduct.

Hey, thanks for bringing this thread back to life. Clown...

In related news, alabama has a scholarship offer out to a high school student charged in two separate counts of rape, and from what i gather from the espn comments section, of his sister and cousin.

Please don't tell me that's the standard NDSU hopes to achieve.

3 charges of No driver's license in possession

2 charges of Vehicle with window tint not to be used

1 charge of No seat belt

1 charge of No vehicle registration

and

1 charge (class A misdemeanor) Voter fraud

And then there's the "locker room thing" that got him off the team for a year.

3 charges of No driver's license in possession

2 charges of Vehicle with window tint not to be used

1 charge of No seat belt

1 charge of No vehicle registration

and

1 charge (class A misdemeanor) Voter fraud

And then there's the "locker room thing" that got him off the team for a year.

i've been pulled over with no license and no registration several times. never actually got a ticket for it.

After you got pulled over once without license and registration, wouldn't you think it was a good idea to make sure you had them with you?

I've forgotten my wallet at home before. That contains my ID. Never got pulled over. No excuse to not have your registration.

I've forgotten my wallet at home before. That contains my ID. Never got pulled over. No excuse to not have your registration.

I don't know if I've ever forgotten my wallet, but I can understand that. The car registration should be kept in the car. Why would you ever keep it any place else?