SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Sounds like NDSU athletes. The elitest mentality of people like you are why you guys cant fill up the Alerus.

NDSU's second year in the MVFC attendance

vs Wagner 18,128

vs Illinois St 18,608

vs UNI 16,418

vs Missouri State 15,122

vs YSU 14,301

See what happened? NDSU loses so does their fanbase. 3-8 that year.

vs Morgan State 17,340

vs USD 18, 248

vs WIU 18,701

vs ISUb 15,245 (4-3 going into that game)

vs SIU 12,834 :crazy:

vs SDSU 17,037

vs Robert Morris 12,202 playoff game (I believe it was Thanksgiving weekend)

vs Wagner 18,128

vs Illinois St 18,608

vs UNI 16,418

vs Missouri State 15,122

vs YSU 14,301

vs Morgan State 17,340

vs USD 18, 248

vs WIU 18,701

vs SDSU 17,037

That can't be right. According to every NDSU fan, every Bison game ever held at the Fargodome has sold out!! ;)

That can't be right. According to every NDSU fan, every Bison game ever held at the Fargodome has sold out!! ;)

Remember that playoff against RMU was over Thanksgiving so no one could attend, yet UND played a sold out hockey game that weekend against Notre Dame. I guess we know where the Bison football fans were.

NDSU 2002 2-8 record

Home attendance (most later season games the attendance was greatly inflated)

Winona St 12,499

Augustana 10,260

North Dakota 19,042 (Won by the good guys!)

Mankato 8451

NoColo 6621 <--- Dead as a doorknob

St Cloud St 6768 <--- Maybe 2000

NDSU 2002 2-8 record

Winona St 12,499

Augustana 10,260

Mankato 8451

Come on! It was a big building!

• Upvote 1

NDSU 2002 2-8 record

Winona St 12,499

Augustana 10,260

Mankato 8451

Didn't you know it was dress in your blue outfit day at the games against MSU, UNC, and SCSU. :lol:

Remember that playoff against RMU was over Thanksgiving so no one could attend, yet UND played a sold out hockey game that weekend against Notre Dame. I guess we know where the Bison football fans were.

I remember that game. Loudest I had heard the dome throughout a full game up to that point.

If you want, you can look at Appalachian's attendance of playoff games on thanksgiving weekend, they go from like 27 or 28,000 down to 15,000. Happened to everyone.

I was actually planning on going up to Grand Forks to see Notre Dame play but NDSU snuck into those playoffs.

NDSU 2002 2-8 record

Winona St 12,499

Augustana 10,260

Mankato 8451

NoColo 6621 <--- Dead as a doorknob \

Well done on picking the rare losing season in Fargo.

I remember my dad telling me after that season that we wouldn't be going to anymore games until Babich was gone. Thankfully he moved on after that season.

200,000 in the metro compared to about 60-70k in the GF metro.

Not fair to use the Metro example. UND is within an hour of Fargo. No reason Notre Dame should outdraw Minnesota. Why doesn't the east coast schools outdraw NDSU or UND? They are in much bigger cities....

I remember that game. Loudest I had heard the dome throughout a full game up to that point.

If you want, you can look at Appalachian's attendance of playoff games on thanksgiving weekend, they go from like 27 or 28,000 down to 15,000. Happened to everyone.

I was actually planning on going up to Grand Forks to see Notre Dame play but NDSU snuck into those playoffs.

I remember my dad telling me after that season that we wouldn't be going to anymore games until Babich was gone. Thankfully he moved on after that season.

UND lately hasn't had many losing seasons either. 2010, and 2012. Amazing the thought of win and attendance goes up. Lose and attendance goes down. 2009 season is a great example of that for NDSU.

Is this really what it has come to UND fans? Nitpicking about a losing season 11 years ago where NDSU had poor attendance?

If you are going to look for weak points in the NDSU football armor, attendance is not a place I would begin as a UND fan.

I honestly believe that NDSU football would continue to thrive moving forward in terms of attendance, even without the ultra success the team has enjoyed lately.

The games and the tailgating have truly become an event and with the growing population in the FM area, more and more people are exposed to it every week in the fall.

Sure if they have a few losing seasons in a row, they'll be down in term of attendance. But, down years wouldn't be nearly as far down as they used to be.

Is this really what it has come to UND fans? Nitpicking about a losing season 11 years ago where NDSU had poor attendance?

If you are going to look for weak points in the NDSU football armor, attendance is not a place I would begin as a UND fan.

I honestly believe that NDSU football would continue to thrive moving forward in terms of attendance, even without the ultra success the team has enjoyed lately.

The games and the tailgating have truly become an event and with the growing population in the FM area, more and more people are exposed to it every week in the fall.

Sure if they have a few losing seasons in a row, they'll be down in term of attendance. But, down years wouldn't be nearly as far down as they used to be.

Did you skip my post about 2009? Or did the 3-8 season get erased from all FU fans.

vs Wagner 18,128

vs Illinois St 18,608

vs UNI 16,418

vs Missouri State 15,122

vs YSU 14,301

vs Morgan State 17,340

vs USD 18, 248

vs WIU 18,701

vs SDSU 17,037

So...what you are saying is even in NDSU's worst season as a D-I, attendance still was good enough to be well over capacity at the Alerus? The SIU game..may have been opener for hunting I think? Not entirely sure. I remember being really mad after the WIU game, homecoming loss and what not.

Did you skip my post about 2009? Or did the 3-8 season get erased from all FU fans.

Choosing outliers in statistics generally will get you nowhere.

Also, a major difference between now and 2009. Back then, you could easily get individual game tickets or season tickets to NDSU football. Now, you can't. If you give up your tickets now, you probably will not get them back.

Yeah, Babich moved on to a fairly successful stint as an NFL assistant. What a chump.

So...what you are saying is even in NDSU's worst season as a D-I, attendance still was good enough to be well over capacity at the Alerus? The SIU game..may have been opener for hunting I think? Not entirely sure. I remember being really mad after the WIU game, homecoming loss and what not.

Choosing outliers in statistics generally will get you nowhere.

Also, a major difference between now and 2009. Back then, you could easily get individual game tickets or season tickets to NDSU football. Now, you can't. If you give up your tickets now, you probably will not get them back.

I think what you guys seem to be missing is the point. The point being when you don't win NC's, your attendance will be back in line with what it was before. It is proven on past history. You are on top and flying high now with casual fans loving the product. They will go away immediately once the team loses 3-4 games in a year.

Sounds like NDSU athletes. The elitest mentality of people like you are why you guys cant fill up the Alerus.

Yah and that great education leads to them becoming petition signature gatherers - oh wait - they couldn't even do that right.

Oh that changes everything. 4 years ago, well that's completely relevant.

4 years ago, might as well be 100 in terms of college football.

The point was that the Dome has not always been full, despite what some short-memoried FU fans would like to claim.

I guess I don't agree on football attendance continuing to grow if the team had been stuck in medicority or at least I don't think it would have grown anywhere close to rate it did. Tailgating and the games have become an event because the team has been very successful and the demand is very much a byproduct of that. But I do agree with your point that because of people investing both time and money into the program (tailgating, season tickets, etc) that attendance won't drop as much when NDSU isn't at a peak.

I think what you guys seem to be missing is the point. The point being when you don't win NC's, your attendance will be back in line with what it was before. It is proven on past history. You are on top and flying high now with casual fans loving the product. They will go away immediately once the team loses 3-4 games in a year.

People won't want to lose their season tickets. (See Montana)

Oh that changes everything. 4 years ago, well that's completely relevant.

4 years ago, might as well be 100 in terms of college football.

Just look at women's basketball the BSA I am sure was packed with Amy Ruley there but now all you hear is crickets chirping and another Loss on the books. Win and attendance grows, NDSU is at its peak now but you start dropping to 6-5 or 7-4 and start missing the playoffs and you start seeing more and more blue seats on KVLY.

Just look at women's basketball the BSA I am sure was packed with Amy Ruley there but now all you hear is crickets chirping and another Loss on the books. Win and attendance grows, NDSU is at its peak now but you start dropping to 6-5 or 7-4 and start missing the playoffs and you start seeing more and more blue seats on KVLY.

We disagree, no big deal.

NDSU football has reached a new plateau and it will take more than a year or two missing the playoffs to have attendance fall off in a significant way. Think Montana.

You picked a sport that is not fun to watch in general unless the team you like is winning. I'm sorry, but women's basketball is awful to watch. If NDSU was good though, I'd make an effort to go, because winning is fun to watch.

If NDSU is consistently 7-4, 8-3, 9-2 moving forward, the attendance will never be an issue. Think Appy or Montana like 06 said. The days of less than 10,000 people showing up are gone.