SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

UND isn't the flagship? Please expand.....

Tough to be the flagship when the school an hour away is the same size and is very similar academically.

You can say "UND is THE flagship" all you want, it doesn't make it so.

Can't and won't ... besides his shift at the north Fargo 7/11 starts in 15 minutes. Needs time to bike it and punch the clock. ;)

I don't think we have 7/11 's here.

Oh they do and they have and they will continue to. (i.e. alcohol violations, suspensions, drug busts, child support neglect, fleeing police, disorderlies, etc.) This usually is all met with much chagrin and feigned incredulity by the Siouxsports community and UND admin. I've perused lots of threads on here about how unfair the GF media was to UND athletes.

We can argue about Kristo's "side" of the frostbite incident and how the media reported it, but, for the most part, accurate accounts of UND athletes' run-ins with the law have and do make the news.

I subscribed to the Herald for many years and they quit running court reports years ago. They only run the big ones when a diligent reporter catches it. They use to run them all the time.

Oh they do and they have and they will continue to. (i.e. alcohol violations, suspensions, drug busts, child support neglect, fleeing police, disorderlies, etc.) This usually is all met with much chagrin and feigned incredulity by the Siouxsports community and UND admin. I've perused lots of threads on here about how unfair the GF media was to UND athletes.

We can argue about Kristo's "side" of the frostbite incident and how the media reported it, but, for the most part, accurate accounts of UND athletes' run-ins with the law have and do make the news.

Work on your reading comprehension skills. I was responding to the FACT that the Herald does not run a court report like the Forum does every week.

Tough to be the flagship when the school an hour away is the same size and is very similar academically.

So "Flagship" labels change randomly from year to year? Interesting. History be damned.

Took me one second to find this:

Flagship university" is used to refer to the first established public research university in a given state. A state’s flagship university is typically research-intensive, grants doctoral degrees, and competes in NCAA Division I athletics.

Now perhaps you could start a petition to change history - if so I think you know where you can find some guys to get you the signatures and they won't even have to ask for work release.

OK, so your unemployed; I was trying to be nice. :lol:

I don't think UND can any longer be called the flagship. Flagship means being the leader and out front. The ship the commander of the fleet or admiral would be on. Not that way any longer. NDSU has caught up to UND and now they really are equals.

The comment was made that the Bison players just turned their backs on their school. I asked how much have those guys with the million dollar contracts have given back to their school. In your list I found two former hockey players that gave. Neither of them signed million dollar contracts. You responded with former athletes and not hockey players. Why? Because I think my point was made that one should not talk about what other former athletes have done to their schools when many UND guys have done no more. I did not derail the conversation. I asked a pertinent question created by the other poster.

Are you sure you read the list? Matt Greene is on there and he has signed a multi-million dollar contract. I included former athletes and not just hockey players because I don't really differentiate. Kleinsasser is an easy example of a former athlete that gives back to UND.

That list isn't an all-inclusive donor list either, that is just for the Spirit campaign, just because they aren't on that list doesn't mean they haven't given back. Also, many of the guys who have signed the big contracts are still young, I don't think it is a stretch that in the future we will see their names on donor lists as well as they get older.

Are you sure you read the list? Matt Greene is on there and he has signed a multi-million dollar contract. I included former athletes and not just hockey players because I don't really differentiate. Kleinsasser is an easy example of a former athlete that gives back to UND.

That list isn't an all-inclusive donor list either, that is just for the Spirit campaign, just because they aren't on that list doesn't mean they haven't given back. Also, many of the guys who have signed the big contracts are still young, I don't think it is a stretch that in the future we will see their names on donor lists as well as they get older.

I read the list you referred to and now you spin away from the amount given by HOCKEY PLAYERS not athletes. Greene's name is not on this list by the way. I asked to see the list that shows all these donations by hockey players you speak of. You know you won't find one so you change your argument in mid-stream. They have never really given any money back or scholarship dollars. If they had you would be able to produce it.

I read the list you referred to and now you spin away from the amount given by HOCKEY PLAYERS not athletes. Greene's name is not on this list by the way. I asked to see the list that shows all these donations by hockey players you speak of. You know you won't find one so you change your argument in mid-stream. They have never really given any money back or scholarship dollars. If they had you would be able to produce it.

My argument was never hockey players, yours was. You are the one that differentiates them, not me. Regardless, Matt Greene is absolutely on the list of donors to the Spirit campaign along with a specific page detailing his donation to the Spirit campaign, which I linked to.

And again, the Spirit donation list isn't an all inclusive donation list. You have no idea what other donations hockey players have given back to the University, you just assume they haven't.

Edit: You were trying to make this same argument last August and Matt Greene's donation was pointed out to you then. Seriously??

My argument was never hockey players, yours was. You are the one that differentiates them, not me. Regardless, Matt Greene is absolutely on the list of donors to the Spirit campaign along with a specific page detailing his donation to the Spirit campaign, which I linked to.

And again, the Spirit donation list isn't an all inclusive donation list. You have no idea what other donations hockey players have given back to the University, you just assume they haven't.

Edit: You were trying to make this same argument last August and Matt Greene's donation was pointed out to you then. Seriously??

I asked about hockey players once again and you again keep spinning away.

You say I assume they haven't but at the same time you are assuming they have. You have know idea that any have. If they have would there not have been a story like Greene's? You can put away the back hoe before you dig yourself any deeper of a hole. You say his name is absolutely on list then show me where on the list it is. Wait you can't because it is not on this list.

It is not on the Spirit list donations page. There is an article there on him but he is not on the list. I asked about hockey players once again and you again keep spinning away.

I am specifically talking about Matt Greene. His donation is listed on the Donors page on the Spirit Campaign website under "Major Gifts: $25,000 - $99,999 [A-G]". Learn to read.

I am specifically talking about Matt Greene. His donation is listed on the Donors page on the Spirit Campaign website under "Major Gifts: $25,000 - $99,999 [A-G]". Learn to read.

Kinda like the "Major Gift' those su football players gave the state when they defrauded the petitions and walked away from their community service.

My terrible bad and I apologize. I read the dang thing twice and missed it. You are absolutely correct and I was absolutely wrong. That makes three names on the list only out of how many? I was surprised to see Paranica's name on the list. He never signed a big dollar contract.

Valley Dairy: a 7-11 with $3 UND football tickets and free women's hockey tickets.

I miss Valley Dairy. Hey Watchmaker, remember when we were in 6th Grade and we had candy day? Everyone would go over to Valley Dairy and stock up. There was one kid who had little more means than the rest of us who would buy half the candy aisle. He owns a liquor store not far from there now.

I miss Valley Dairy. Hey Watchmaker, remember when we were in 6th Grade and we had candy day? Everyone would go over to Valley Dairy and stock up. There was one kid who had little more means than the rest of us who would buy half the candy aisle. He owns a liquor store not far from there now.

Massive amounts of bubblegum. Yeah he did stock up on the candy didn't he. He was a big boy though. Remember how many times over the years the inside of that store changed? I remember buying returnable 12 oz bottles of pop there. Then we had Henry's and King Leos to go to also.

Massive amounts of bubblegum. Yeah he did stock up on the candy didn't he. He was a big boy though. Remember how many times over the years the inside of that store changed? I remember buying returnable 12 oz bottles of pop there. Then we had Henry's and King Leos to go to also.

But it always had a milk carton on top of it.

We were Henry's Hamburgers people.

But it always had a milk carton on top of it.

We were Henry's Hamburgers people.

The milk carton is an icon in GF. Henry's burgers were good but nothing beat the pancakes and hot beef sandwiches at Miller's Café. Still have never found a pancake or hot beef as good anywhere. Playing mini golf on Washington was always fun.