SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

hockey championships?

They're ok.

But, they are a niche.

I find it odd that you forget about Bemidji State, Alaska-Anchorage, Duluth, St. Cloud, Ferris, Union....you know....D-II and D-III schools. Also, I never hear college hockey being talked about on TV so....

Hockey championships may be a niche. But so are Division II and FCS football titles. And they are lower level divisions in their sport than Division I hockey is in that sport. Easy comparison. How many former NDSU football players are currently playing at the highest level of their sport, the NFL? How many former hockey players from UND are playing at the highest level of their sport, the NHL? That would basically prove that the skill level of hockey players at UND is higher than the skill level of football players at NDSU. So NDSU fans continually try to put down UND for having more skilled athletes performing on their teams than NDSU has playing for theirs. If you want to be proud of your lesser athletes, go ahead.

And somehow NDSU fans can't figure out that the Division labels for NCAA sports refer to the level of play FOR THAT SPORT. All of those schools that you mention play DII and DIII in other sports. But they are Division I in hockey, which means they play at the highest level of hockey available in the NCAA. Something that NDSU doesn't do in football. Many of those DII and DIII schools you mention have more former players playing at the highest level of their sport, the NHL, than NDSU has former players playing in the NFL.

But let's bring this discussion back to the pattern of criminal activity that has again become associated with the NDSU football team. 10 players charged with voter fraud. 3 former players charged with the same crime. A player charged with indecent exposure. A player charged with a minor in possession and with fleeing from an officer. All charges filed in a little over a month. 15 people associated with the NDSU football team being charged with crimes in about 45 days. Yet the Athletic Director and the football coach only believe that 1 of those charges is actually a big deal. The rest are just little angels that have been taken advantage of by big bad people. That's what this discussion is about, not hockey or the success of your football team.

• Upvote 2

:lol: Make up your mind Hayduke. Which discussion do you want to have here? I thought we were talking about how NDSU ducked Nebraska.

NDSU fans are working pretty hard to change this discussion today. It's pretty obvious that NDSU has the weekend off. This discussion is not about how good you think your football team is, or the NDSU football schedule. Go ahead and talk about those things over on Bville, we know that you won't have an honest discussion about the criminal activities of NDSU football players over there.

This thread is dealing with the fact that NDSU football players decided that it was more important for them to make a few easy bucks than it was to allow the citizens of North Dakota a chance to vote on 2 separate ballot measures. It doesn't matter what the NDSU players intentions were, whether they "meant" to screw up an election ballot measure. At the end of the day, their efforts or lack of effort resulted in killing ballot measures that people spent thousands of dollars and thousands of hours working on. That would make me real proud if I were an NDSU fan, not.

• Upvote 1

I can't speak for anyone else I guess, but I certainly don't feel inferior to anything UND has ever accomplished.

It is more of an institutional attitude that has been built for the last 122 years, although I'm sure that there are plenty of individual examples also.

NDSU fans are working pretty hard to change this discussion today. It's pretty obvious that NDSU has the weekend off. This discussion is not about how good you think your football team is, or the NDSU football schedule. Go ahead and talk about those things over on Bville, we know that you won't have an honest discussion about the criminal activities of NDSU football players over there.

This thread is dealing with the fact that NDSU football players decided that it was more important for them to make a few easy bucks than it was to allow the citizens of North Dakota a chance to vote on 2 separate ballot measures. It doesn't matter what the NDSU players intentions were, whether they "meant" to screw up an election ballot measure. At the end of the day, their efforts or lack of effort resulted in killing ballot measures that people spent thousands of dollars and thousands of hours working on. That would make me real proud if I were an NDSU fan, not.

It isn't that I am unwilling to have a conversation about the players who have broken the law. Only that there is no new information to discuss, so what is there to talk about? The status of the situation hasn't changed for over a week, when we get new information I would be happy to discuss it again. Until then, this perpetual pissing contest is keeping me entertained until my wife gets done getting ready and we can head out for the day. Thanks fellas, I appreciate the fun.

It isn't that I am unwilling to have a conversation about the players who have broken the law. Only that there is no new information to discuss, so what is there to talk about? The status of the situation hasn't changed for over a week, when we get new information I would be happy to discuss it again. Until then, this perpetual pissing contest is keeping me entertained until my wife gets done getting ready and we can head out for the day. Thanks fellas, I appreciate the fun.

I provided a link to FOIA emails from both Bohl and Bresciani and you ran right on by them changing the subject. That is why you are here, to change the subject.

It's funny that there is nothing new to discuss, but 4 different NDSU posters have made more than 20 posts on the subject in less than 12 hours. That was during the overnight and Saturday morning hours. And you made about half of them. If there was nothing to discuss and you people wanted to let this disappear, maybe you should stop posting here and stirring the pot. Some might think that you were actually trying to keep the discussion going. Either that or you just crave the attention.

I guess you forgot that Duluth won the 2011 D1 national championship while NDSU won a minor league championship. Major league championship or minor league championship which one would most people rather win? This would be like fans being happy not to make March Madness and playing the NIT instead. Winning the NIT is like saying "We're 67th best in the country lets celebrate".

I remember. I watched a little bit of it. Hey who was in the Frozen Four last year? Union(who?), Ferris(who?) Also, remember that Canadian Juniors are the top non-NHL players so you might want to remember that Collegiate Hockey in the US is the FCS in that scenario.

And teams who win the NIT are usually better than plenty of teams in the tournement. Lots of conference champions who are bad.

Again more minor league teams.

The entire NCHC is going to be to be minor league teams.

They were on the same date. I guess it's you who doesn't understand scheduling,eh? :lol:

NDSU ducked Nebraska to cherry pick CSU.

When you have a deal with someone, you don't back out of it. Pretty simple dip****.

Hockey championships may be a niche. But so are Division II and FCS football titles. And they are lower level divisions in their sport than Division I hockey is in that sport. Easy comparison. How many former NDSU football players are currently playing at the highest level of their sport, the NFL? How many former hockey players from UND are playing at the highest level of their sport, the NHL? That would basically prove that the skill level of hockey players at UND is higher than the skill level of football players at NDSU. So NDSU fans continually try to put down UND for having more skilled athletes performing on their teams than NDSU has playing for theirs. If you want to be proud of your lesser athletes, go ahead.

Hahaha, everyone knows hockey is borderline irrelevant in America. Hockey has such a small demographic of people playing. Middle-Upper class white kids in about 10 states and Canada. There is a reason only like 30 Division I schools have it, because it is an unimportant sport. America has more kids playing high school football(the pool that eventually makes it to the NFL) than the world has registered hockey players of all ages.

Minnesota wrestling is the top of Division I and has won championships in a sport that has a lot more schools than hockey. Are they better then?

I prefer the term red-blooded American.

Darell starts threads all the time on AGS, half about NDSU.

hockey championships?

They're ok.

But, they are a niche.

I find it odd that you forget about Bemidji State, Alaska-Anchorage, Duluth, St. Cloud, Ferris, Union....you know....D-II and D-III schools. Also, I never hear college hockey being talked about on TV so....

I went on AGS and looked at the threads I started I found 1 that was about NDSU which is this thread..after that UND vs NDSU in 2013 dated March 29th, and after that was NDSU at UND mens basketball dated January 16th. So out of 61 threads I posted only 1 is solely about NDSU. Yep thats...all the time. But shall I look at all the other 59 threads which is NOT about NDSU in any way to see how infested with Bison fans it is.

Oh wait I found another thread I did only about NDSU....tutiion increase 8.8% dated 5-6-2011. Thats 131 threads to find that. So 2 NDSU threads out of 131.

I remember. I watched a little bit of it. Hey who was in the Frozen Four last year? Union(who?), Ferris(who?) Also, remember that Canadian Juniors are the top non-NHL players so you might want to remember that Collegiate Hockey in the US is the FCS in that scenario.

And teams who win the NIT are usually better than plenty of teams in the tournement. Lots of conference champions who are bad.

When you have a deal with someone, you don't back out of it. Pretty simple dip****.

Hahaha, everyone knows hockey is borderline irrelevant in America. Hockey has such a small demographic of people playing. Middle-Upper class white kids in about 10 states and Canada. There is a reason only like 30 Division I schools have it, because it is an unimportant sport. America has more kids playing high school football(the pool that eventually makes it to the NFL) than the world has registered hockey players of all ages.

Minnesota wrestling is the top of Division I and has won championships in a sport that has a lot more schools than hockey. Are they better then?

This is a thread about the criminal activity of many NDSU players.

Stay on subject, defender of the rogue cherry pickers...

I provided a link to FOIA emails from both Bohl and Bresciani and you ran right on by them changing the subject. That is why you are here, to change the subject.

Its deflection. Similar to the president of NDSU saying in one of his initial e-mails that "this should all pass over soon". Just keep deflecting and changing the subject and hope it will all pass.

Well as usual the trolls have turned this into a pissing match. Look what's been keeping the NDSU president busy http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/ndsu-coach-bohl-says-companies-involved-in-fraudulent-petitions-are-targeted/. Isn't it nice that the football team has dropped this turd into his lap so he has to spend his time responding to indignent North Dakota citiziens.

Hundreads? ??? Once again frame it up the way you want it. You yourself start as many threads on AGS about NDSU as you do UND. Who's infastuated with who?

Lakes Bison and his other brother Darrell

The last 131 threads on AGS had 2 solely on NDSU, 4 with NDSU vs UND, but 126 just of UND. So where is the 126 NDSU threads I started on AGS??

Another NDSU fan tactic, try to exaggerate and minimize to make themselves look more important and to make other schools look less important. Minnesota is in the Big Ten and have a much larger athletic budget. Overall they have a stronger program than UND or NDSU. They have one of the best wrestling programs in the NCAA. Tough to compare the wrestling program with hockey or football for success at the next level, since there isn't a comparable next level to the NHL or NFL. But if you are comparing athletes competing at the top level of their sport at the collegiate level, than yes, Minnesota wrestling would approach the level of UND hockey except for the length of time competing at the top level.

You will have to tell the players from the other 15 or 20 states that they don't actually play hockey. Just because there is only a limited number of states with high school hockey doesn't mean that they aren't playing hockey in other states. Most of hockey takes place outside the school system, often in park board or traveling team programs. And you only counted about half the NCAA Division hockey teams. I don't know if that shows your inability to count (which won't help with that calculus class) or you are just that ignorant. It's probably more of that NDSU "can't see anything beyond football" mentality.

And speaking of NDSU football, have you heard that 10 current players and 3 former players have been charged with voter fraud? They forged signatures on petitions that were trying to put 2 different measures on the November ballots in North Dakota. This is a class A misdemeanor, just short of a felony. In fact, because of their actions, the Attorney General and the Secretary of State are planning to propose that the Legislature make this crime a felony because it is interfering with the basic rights of the citizens. Yet somehow the AD at NDSU doesn't believe the crime is serious. He might want to reconsider that attitude. Unless the President of NDSU told him to just stop commenting on the subject and making the situation worse.

What Olympic event is more etched into the American psyche in the last 40 years? Oh yeah that US/Russia hockey game 32 years ago.

82 . . . is this thread a beacon of hope for you? If you can't beat them, take them down seems to be your mentality. I'm pretty sure ndsu will deal with this situation appropriately, and I'm pretty sure you'll keep this thread going for another 54 pages if you can.

The last 131 threads on AGS had 2 solely on NDSU, 4 with NDSU vs UND, but 126 just of UND. So where is the 126 NDSU threads I started on AGS??

Right next to the hundreads of threads about UND on Bisonville. It makes me really really happy that you took the time to go count them though. Nice job Lakes. And by the way read the post. Never said you started all the Bison threads just the same amount for both schools. Now go waste antoher hour counting them. :)

Well as usual the trolls have turned this into a pissing match. Look what's been keeping the NDSU president busy http://sayanythingbl...s-are-targeted/. Isn't it nice that the football team has dropped this turd into his lap so he has to spend his time responding to indignent North Dakota citiziens.

That is exactly what they want to create - a pissing match! Let's just ignore them and they will go away!!!!!

82 . . . is this thread a beacon of hope for you? If you can't beat them, take them down seems to be your mentality. I'm pretty sure ndsu will deal with this situation appropriately, and I'm pretty sure you'll keep this thread going for another 54 pages if you can.

This thread is far from a beacon of hope. It is sad that the NDSU administration has officially been quoted as saying that voter fraud is not a serious crime. Maybe if they came out and admitted that this was a serious crime, then the attitudes may change a little.

It's funny, I have never recommended a penalty for the players. The closest I came was to give examples of what I thought would be comparable if you were going to suspend someone for skipping a class. And most of my posts have been to answer posts from NDSU supporters like yourself. If you and your pals weren't posting on this subject we probably wouldn't be looking at it. I think we are now well over 25 posts by 5 different NDSU fans since Midnight today. Most of them are to deflect from the real subject of the thread. By the way, the title of the thread isn't totally accurate. There are actually 10 players that have been charged with voter fraud, not just 8. Of course 8 players being charged would be almost as bad. But there were actually 10 current players and 3 former players that have been officially charged with voter fraud for forging signatures on petitions.

• Upvote 1

Major League? It's the top level of a regional sport that nobody cares about.

It's too bad that a lot of people around North Dakota care about people committing voter fraud. Anyone that would commit such a crime should be punished, don't you think? After all, forging signatures on petitions and interfering with the election process is kind of a serious crime, right?

It's too bad that a lot of people around North Dakota care about people committing voter fraud. Anyone that would commit such a crime should be punished, don't you think? After all, forging signatures on petitions and interfering with the election process is kind of a serious crime, right?

I was unaware that the players with interfering with an election process. Were they stuffing the ballot or what? Elections are when people are elected to an office. Were these guys stuffing for Berg or Heitkamp?

Not if you are an NDSU fan.

I was unaware that the players with interfering with an election process. Were they stuffing the ballot or what? Elections are when people are elected to an office. Were these guys stuffing for Berg or Heitkamp?

The election process starts by qualifying something to get on a ballot. It doesn't start the day of the election. You can't have an election without having something on the ballot. And you have to meet certain requirements to put something on a ballot, either candidates for an office, initiated measures or referendums. Forging signatures on a petition for a ballot measure would be interfering with the election PROCESS. Screwing up a petition process by getting thousands of signatures thrown out would be interfering with the election PROCESS. You might want to take a government class or 2. Your lack of knowledge is showing (or is it proving the quality of your NDSU education).