SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

I haven't heard any "trust issues" at the student level. Once again, you are probably letting the media influence the thought process.

Cool beans. They got a degree in less time than normal. What the heck is a cumative GPA? I'm not sure I know what cumative means. I will assume you aren't one of those two students. UND routinely has guys leave early, whether you think that is good or bad, it gives a reputation that it is a development mill.

And a lot of those guys come back every summer to get their degrees. For the guys that are making more than $1,000,000 per year that don't come back, they probably don't mind being considered drop outs. On the subject of academics, how many NDSU football players can't make it through school and either drop out of school or quit football? I would guess that there are at least 1 or 2 every year and maybe more. Is that better or worse than guys that leave school because they can make a lot of money?

UND routinely has guys leave early, whether you think that is good or bad, it gives a reputation that it is a development mill.

This is an unfortunate byproduct of having a successful athletic program. When you have highly talented athletes at your school there are going to be a lot of people trying to lure them away by waving a lot of money in their faces. Maybe someday NDSU athletes will know what it's like (I wouldn't count on it).

And a lot of those guys come back every summer to get their degrees. For the guys that are making more than $1,000,000 per year that don't come back, they probably don't mind being considered drop outs. On the subject of academics, how many NDSU football players can't make it through school and either drop out of school or quit football? I would guess that there are at least 1 or 2 every year and maybe more. Is that better or worse than guys that leave school because they can make a lot of money?

Weren't there at least two former su football players gathering forging signatures in Petition-gate? Part-time work at eight dollars an hour for a college graduate - oops that assumes they graduated.
  • Upvote 1

Weren't there at least two former su football players gathering forging signatures in Petition-gate? Part-time work at eight dollars an hour for a college graduate - oops that assumes they graduated.

Oh come on, enough of these lies trashing the bisons....... it was 3 former su football players at $9 per hour :crazy:

This is an unfortunate byproduct of having a successful athletic program. When you have highly talented athletes at your school there are going to be a lot of people trying to lure them away by waving a lot of money in their faces. Maybe someday NDSU athletes will know what it's like (I wouldn't count on it).

I guess Johny Boy isn't familiar with the old saying if you want to work on the farm you go to NDSU if you want to own the Farm or play professional Hockey you go to UND...

Edited by Goon
  • Upvote 2

I think it is one thing to not be cut out for college or decide that football is not for you, a whole different thing to leave early. One gets you a reputation for being a mill, the other just means you weren't cut out/couldn't hack it.

That is great that some guys come back to work on their degrees, a lot of them don't as well I'm sure. And a lot of them go to UND not planning on spending 4 years there. That is the only thing I really dislike about a situation like that.

I guess Johny Boy isn't familiar with the old saying if you want to work on the farm you go to NDSU if you want to own the Farm or play professional Hockey you go to UND...

The saying never really made sense to begin with, though I am familiar with it. Hockey is not a proper noun that I am aware of.

Am I the only one who finds it funny that even if these NDSU players somehow lost their right to vote, NDSU football players would still have a higher percentage of guys eligible to vote this November than the UND hockey team?

I think it is one thing to not be cut out for college or decide that football is not for you, a whole different thing to leave early. One gets you a reputation for being a mill, the other just means you weren't cut out/couldn't hack it.

That is great that some guys come back to work on their degrees, a lot of them don't as well I'm sure. And a lot of them go to UND not planning on spending 4 years there. That is the only thing I really dislike about a situation like that.

So you would rather have your coaches recruit players that can't handle the academics and may not belong in college rather than recruit people that leave school early and will be successful in their chosen field. Got it. How about guys like Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg? Do you have a problem with people that get a great business idea and leave school early to pursue that idea?

Do you have the same problem with schools like Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, North Carolina and other places where a lot of basketball players go pro early? Or football schools like USC, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Texas, Oklahoma and a bunch more?

• Upvote 1

The saying never really made sense to begin with, though I am familiar with it. Hockey is not a proper noun that I am aware of.

Am I the only one who finds it funny that even if these NDSU players somehow lost their right to vote, NDSU football players would still have a higher percentage of guys eligible to vote this November than the UND hockey team?

I guess I didn't know that the right to vote was a prerequisite to play college sports. You sound like some of those moronic Gopher hockey fans that spout off about being all USA.

So you would rather have your coaches recruit players that can't handle the academics and may not belong in college rather than recruit people that leave school early and will be successful in their chosen field. Got it. How about guys like Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg? Do you have a problem with people that get a great business idea and leave school early to pursue that idea?

Do you have the same problem with schools like Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, North Carolina and other places where a lot of basketball players go pro early? Or football schools like USC, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Texas, Oklahoma and a bunch more?

What Johnboy does not realize is thatmany guys who leave early have it in their contracts that the team pays for the rest of their schooling. Look at Berezan and how many years later he came back and the Calgary Flames paid for it.

What Johnboy does not realize is thatmany guys who leave early have it in their contracts that the team pays for the rest of their schooling. Look at Berezan and how many years later he came back and the Calgary Flames paid for it.

Just another way for SU fans to try and put down hockey and UND.
  • Upvote 1

I don't think they will ever get over their inferiority complex that they have. Oh they beat the Gophers in football, their weakest sport. Whereas UND has beaten the Gophers many times in their strongest sport. But then NDSU fans live in a suburb in search of a city to attach itself to.
  • Upvote 1

I don't think they will ever get over their inferiority complex that they have. Oh they beat the Gophers in football, their weakest sport. Whereas UND has beaten the Gophers many times in their strongest sport. But then NDSU fans live in a suburb in search of a city to attach itself to.

They keep telling everyone they live in the greatest city in the world. Other people think of New York City or Paris, SU fans think it's Fargo.
  • Upvote 1

molden, I can respect some of your opinions and agree with you that the Bison fans I work with are very embarrassed by this and as much as they would like to try and sweep it away, understand its a HUGE blackeye to the program from the general public's perception.

I do however continue to find it comical that you and some of your fanbase always seems to point to our hockey program to justify actions during this situation and bring up things that happened 4-5 years ago as examples. As I mentioned earlier, I don't know if you want to revisit the last 5 years of off the field issues of your football program. Now you are also comparing "rumors" to try and justify your current situation. Somehow dragging UND into this is what got myself and other UND fans on the defensive in the first place. We had nothing to do with it. Our hockey and football programs had nothing to do with this situation and have never been involved in anything like this. The backpedaling being done by your president was caused by the actions of your AD and coach and no one else.

Typical UND deflection. "We run clean programs here." It gets very old.

They keep telling everyone they live in the greatest city in the world. Other people think of New York City or Paris, SU fans think it's Fargo.

Fargo has never had the heart and soul that GF has. Kids in Fargo did even know the kids they graduated with. In GF you knew your school and half of the other one also. I remember in the early/mid 80's kids from Bismarck were shocked at how we all knew each other at the bars even when everyone went to different high schools.
  • Upvote 1

My impression is that whining about Bison football is common coming from a UND fan.

UND hockey is a great program. But be real, it's an athletic mill. Bison football is a bigger mill by shear numbers.

They are the respective flagship programs of the two universities. Both programs recruit questionable students. Get real.

My impression is that whining about Bison football is common coming from a UND fan.

UND hockey is a great program. But be real, it's an athletic mill. Bison football is a bigger mill by shear numbers.

They are the respective flagship programs of the two universities. Both programs recruit questionable students. Get real.

Do the NDSU players shear sheep by sheer numbers in Fargo?

Just wondering...

What does this have to do with class A misdemeanor voter fraud charges filed this week against 10 current and 3 former NDSU football players?

All I had to do was to mention the sacred cow of hockey in Grand Forks, the squeaky-clean program of great educational integrity, and here we are. Funny stuff, and absolutely predictable. It's the old 'UND does it right and NDSU is dirty' whine from Grand Forks. Then UND fans get into comparing the cities and other irrelevant topics. I could care less.

Is this an NDSU person ripping on UND for being international?? Have you seen the students in NDSU grad school??

Oh man, Watchmaker's on a roll today!!!!

NDSU football is an athletic mill??? What league do the NDSU football players go on to after they're done at NDSU?? The SFL (signature forging league)??

Is this an NDSU person ripping on UND for being international?? Have you seen the students in NDSU grad school??

Oh man, Watchmaker's on a roll today!!!!

NDSU football is an athletic mill??? What league do the NDSU football players go on to after they're done at NDSU?? The SFL (signature forging league)??

SFL!!!! I love it!! :lol:

I am unaware of any UND Hockey players ineligible to vote in their native country this November. Are you? If not, UND Hockey is at 100% eligibility. But your math claims NDSU has higher than 100%? Please don't tell me NDSU football is practicing another form of voter fraud, call it "Chicago style*".

*Vote early, vote often. ;)

• Upvote 2