SiouxSports.com Forum

Faison extended to June 2017

The Sicatoka

Faison has done a great job for UND and this is welled deserved. I think we take for granted that he took over a department that was a complete mess by the previous AD and has turned it completely around UND is in spots that seperate us from the other Dakota schools. The guys has positioned UND very well in the short time he has been here.

• Upvote 1

Faison has done a great job for UND and this is welled deserved. I think we take for granted that he took over a department that was a complete mess by the previous AD and has turned it completely around UND is in spots that seperate us from the other Dakota schools. The guys has positioned UND very well in the short time he has been here.

I agree that in general he has done an excellent job in finding coaches, scheduling, gaining conference affiliations etc. I do not know if it is his job or not, but marketing the programs and selling the upgrading and additions of facilities etc. has not been adequate in my opinion. Other than the donated REA and Betty, UND's facilities are no better than a DII or DIII school. I know these things are very expensive, but if I had an issue to dwell on with him, and again it may not be his issue to deal with, it is the facilities and the program marketing that are not what I would expect to see at this level.

I agree that in general he has done an excellent job in finding coaches, scheduling, gaining conference affiliations etc. I do not know if it is his job or not, but marketing the programs and selling the upgrading and additions of facilities etc. has not been adequate in my opinion. Other than the donated REA and Betty, UND's facilities are no better than a DII or DIII school. I know these things are very expensive, but if I had an issue to dwell on with him, and again it may not be his issue to deal with, it is the facilities and the program marketing that are not what I would expect to see at this level.

I guess up until this new atrocity that is passing for a TV deal with Midco was signed this summer, I think Faison's team has done an excellent job with marketing. They expanded the FSSN to numerous local cable companies, and then got the deal with Fox College Sports that made Sioux sports available nationwide. The radio network has increased exponentially, and now includes occasional broadcasts of basketball, volleyball, and women's hockey outside of the Grand Forks market.

As far as facilities go, I don't know what more improvements could be made outside of the Indoor Practice Facility, and maybe a different soccer field. The Betty, REA, and Alerus are all first class, and were all in place before he got here. Kraft Field and the Alerus have both received turf upgrades under his watch. Tennis will be moving into a new spectacular facility soon. I don't know how much, if anything, he had to do with any of that, but with the REA, Alerus, Sioux Center, updated Kraft Field, and Choice Wellness Center, I'd hardly say that UND has facilities that are "no better than a DII or DIII school".............

I guess up until this new atrocity that is passing for a TV deal with Midco was signed this summer, I think Faison's team has done an excellent job with marketing. They expanded the FSSN to numerous local cable companies, and then got the deal with Fox College Sports that made Sioux sports available nationwide. The radio network has increased exponentially, and now includes occasional broadcasts of basketball, volleyball, and women's hockey outside of the Grand Forks market.

As far as facilities go, I don't know what more improvements could be made outside of the Indoor Practice Facility, and maybe a different soccer field. The Betty, REA, and Alerus are all first class, and were all in place before he got here. Kraft Field and the Alerus have both received turf upgrades under his watch. Tennis will be moving into a new spectacular facility soon. I don't know how much, if anything, he had to do with any of that, but with the REA, Alerus, Sioux Center, updated Kraft Field, and Choice Wellness Center, I'd hardly say that UND has facilities that are "no better than a DII or DIII school".............

ditto +1