SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

UND has offerred WR Zach Reuter out of Missouri. Offers from Southern Illinois, South Dakota and Army.

http://sports.yahoo....h-Reuter-158364

http://www.hudl.com/...148/zach-reuter#

EDIT: After watching his tape I wonder if we're goinng after him as a WR or safety. Has pretty good hands it looks like and breaks some takles on offense. Seems to be in good position on defense, although probably would need more work on that side of the ball.

My neighbor said SU is just about out of scholly money so we should start hearing from some kids real soon. Cant believe we have four commits and they are full but our AD put us in this situation.. :sad:

Really? I didn't know Faison is supposed to be out there recruiting during the hiring process. Faison did his job, he fired Muss and cleaned house, we now have the coaches in place and we can start the rebuilding process to get us back up to at least the 2007 level. He has done a lot for this school overall, and blaming him for only 4 kids committing to a team who just got a coach hired (unlike NDSU our coach wasn't promoted from within), kids are reluctant to sign on until they find out who is going to be in charge of the team. The only mistake Faison made was giving Muss the contract extension after the 2011 season.

Love how you have siouxports.com on your bookmarks as a 'favorite' and are constantly reading it. Took you all of 8 minutes to reply to that one. Love your passion.

I'm surprised that it takes 8 minutes to log out and log back in under a different account.

Who is expected to visit this weekend?

My neighbor said SU is just about out of scholly money so we should start hearing from some kids real soon. Cant believe we have four commits and they are full but our AD put us in this situation.. :sad:

I'd rather have one weak recruiting class than be stuck with leaderless Mussman for another season or two. Plus, this years recruiting will shape up nicely after the next couple recruiting weekends. Just wait and watch Bubba go to work.

Oh, and the reason NDSU has a full class already is because of one little thing: they've won 3 national championships in a row! Of course they're going to be attractive to recruits. Shouldn't be that tough to figure out, unless you're an Ag school troll....

• Upvote 3

Possible UND may be bringing Rudolph St Germain in for a visit. Saw something on twitter stating he was visiting North Dakota, but it may be Wahpeton as the tweet also mentioned an offer from a JUCO in Kansas. Of course, with Kevin Maurice coming in it is entirely possible it is UND since he has his Miami/Florida connections.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6357981

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1556115/#highlights/53349375

From what I see in that map, our neighbors to the south are winning championships with players in our own backyard. In the meantime, we are running all over the country to find players in order to win a few games. Is there a reason that 70% of our roster shouldn't be players from MN,ND,SD?

From what I see in that map, our neighbors to the south are winning championships with players in our own backyard. In the meantime, we are running all over the country to find players in order to win a few games. Is there a reason that 70% of our roster shouldn't be players from MN,ND,SD?

We WERE running all over the country. Sit tight.

Current Roster: Minn 24, ND 13, Wis 12, Ill 12 Iowa 3, Neb 3, SD 1 Mont 1= 69 or 72% of the 95 man roster.

I just counted through our offers, and it looks like about 1/3 of our remaining offers are to kids outside what many consider our midwest footprint, and I'm including MI, and WI in that footprint along with closer states. Still a lot of guys being looked at from FL, TX, AZ, NV, CA, and WA. I agree though, that our best players are going to come from our back yard.

I just counted through our offers, and it looks like about 1/3 of our remaining offers are to kids outside what many consider our midwest footprint, and I'm including MI, and WI in that footprint along with closer states. Still a lot of guys being looked at from FL, TX, AZ, NV, CA, and WA. I agree though, that our best players are going to come from our back yard.

If you are looking at Wiki, that list includes all the offers made by the previous regime. I haven't removed any of those offers as I don't know which have been withdrawn. At this point, I wouldn't put too much stock into that list. It will be updated based on what we learn going forward.

You are seriously going to count Ill., Neb, IA and MT as our backyard? I consider a 250 mile radius as our backyard, not a 8 hour drive.

Then you don't even count Williston or Dickinson, both are more than 250 miles and they are in the same state. Bismarck only fits in that range if you go cross country. Most of South Dakota doesn't fit in your range. The southern half of Minnesota isn't in that range, including the Twin Cities. Your backyard basically includes the eastern half of North Dakota and the northern half of Minnesota. I don't think you are going to fill out much of a DI football roster from that limited area.

If you think 70% of our roster, or 66 players, are going to come from ND, SD, and MN then you better get ready to see a hell of a lot of losses. They could do it but the rest of the 30 players or so better be difference makers.

So you don't believe that there are enough athletes between the 3 states to produce wins? The 3 states combine for over 7 million people and the state of Minnesota alone currently has 35 kids with offers to D-I schools and that number will probably climb. I am just guessing, but ND & SD should have at least 10 kids, so that leaves roughly 50 D-I recruits. I don't see any reason why we can't pull at least 10 each year which would give us 50 on the roster. If you would like, I can list off the recruits in Minnesota that we have not offered but have been offered by the 3 schools to our south.