SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

I really think we need to find 3 juco DBs. 2 CBs for obvious reasons and 1 safety due to the Kuksa injury. We should also look to get a juco DT and DE. Not the juco types we've had recently that come in and make zero impact we need guys that can play now.

We need to find more athletes in the secondary this year. They didn't find enough last year and I don't trust many of our secondary players. I wonder what Opara is doing these days? Roller as well?

We need more hogs, bigger and meaner, we need some maulers up front.

LB has some good players but we need to get some edge rushers that can terrorize opponents.

A big RB is a must.

Two QBs for sure.

A playmaker at TE? Maybe we have one already and don't know it?

After watching USD (vs. FU) the only position of theirs I was impressed with was their O-line. They were good and could move people, we were lacking that this year. We really need to start to improve there. Some of your younger guys may show promise but if they aren't the answer, we need to figure it out. That is the biggest need in my mind.

After watching USD (vs. FU) the only position of theirs I was impressed with was their O-line. They were good and could move people, we were lacking that this year. We really need to start to improve there. Some of your younger guys may show promise but if they aren't the answer, we need to figure it out. That is the biggest need in my mind.

I always like NDSUs rbs too. They get the job done every game.

Idk. We were expecting Comes and Demler to hang around and we all know how that worked out. NDSU learned their lesson with QBs. We need to as well.

2 per year may get a bit crowded, I'd say get 1 but I guess I don't know a lot of the "behind the scenes" stuff. Don't we have 4 on the roster right now? And the oldest will be Sophomores next season.

I always like NDSUs rbs too. They get the job done every game.

FU has very quality RBs. I was talking about USD. Trying to compare them to us to see any differences in where the programs are at. Biggest thing I noticed was the quality of their O-line. They are much further along in quality than we are right now and it showed throughout our season. Our o-line was not quality this year.

FU has very quality RBs. I was talking about USD. Trying to compare them to us to see any differences in where the programs are at. Biggest thing I noticed was the quality of their O-line. They are much further along in quality than we are right now and it showed throughout our season. Our o-line was not quality this year.

Read that wrong...

1. O-line 2. DB 3. D-line... We seemed to get beat in the trenches in pretty much every game. The d-line was basically non-existent this season and is something that needs to be addressed desperately. Obviously the o-line was terrible, hopefully somebody can step up and be an anchor on the o-line next season (preferably Dustin Adams). Clearly the defensive backfield needs help. We have been terribly weak at one corner and one safety position every year for the last 3 or 4 years.

I really think we need to find 3 juco DBs. 2 CBs for obvious reasons and 1 safety due to the Kuksa injury. We should also look to get a juco DT and DE. Not the juco types we've had recently that come in and make zero impact we need guys that can play now.

We need to find more athletes in the secondary this year. They didn't find enough last year and I don't trust many of our secondary players. I wonder what Opara is doing these days? Roller as well?

LB has some good players but we need to get some edge rushers that can terrorize opponents.

A big RB is a must.

Two QBs for sure.

Sounds like pretty much a whole team except receviers

2 per year may get a bit crowded, I'd say get 1 but I guess I don't know a lot of the "behind the scenes" stuff. Don't we have 4 on the roster right now? And the oldest will be Sophomores next season.

I wouldn't mind 2 either. One scholarship and one PWO. We definitely need help in the trenches. Wouldn't mind a couple JUCO DBs

A big RB is a must.

Two QBs for sure.

Perfect assessment!

Recruiting isn't like free agency in the NFL. You take the best players you can get no matter the position. This is especially true at the FCS level. I would like to see immediate contributors at cornerback like we found in Kuksa and Cheatom last year.

I completely disagree with this.

The advantage you have at the college level is that you can recruit and bring in players at nearly every position yearly. With the ability to have up to 85 scholarships (including splits) in FCS football, there is little reason that you can't recruit nearly every position annually. Taking "best player available" would not be the smartest way to go, when you could potentially leaving big holes at positions. If we gave out 5 full and 10 half scholarships each year, we would cover 20 of 22 positions each year.

Will Lewis and Goard worked out pretty well as did an OL a few years back

I will agree that some do, but I have seen plenty over the years that didn't. I remember a WR many years back that came in that was hyped up. He played the season (average at best) and was gone after Christmas. I would rather bring in someone from HS that can develop, learn the system and contribute over 4-5 years.

I will agree that some do, but I have seen plenty over the years that didn't. I remember a WR many years back that came in that was hyped up. He played the season (average at best) and was gone after Christmas. I would rather bring in someone from HS that can develop, learn the system and contribute over 4-5 years.

Fair enough but the RB need is critical.

Best player in who's opinion? Is the "best player" working hard in practice, meetings or the classroom. There are many variables as to why players don't get on the field as much as some think they should. Usually it is because they aren't as good as the guy that is on the field.

In practice and all other instances. Because I practiced, played, watched film with them I had a pretty good idea what was going on. The spot was handed to a transfer from a d1 school, but he hurt himself lifting on testing day (the one day a year he actually lifted) giving the other guy a chance. This guy IMO ended up being the most consistent OL man on a very, very good oline at UND. I think he graded out the best of all starters in over half the games and this group had several professional football players in it.