SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

So lets see, UND is offering more money and a much easier path to playing time. NDSU already has a DE committed that was much more heavily recruited and has a tremendous upside (Greg Menard),an athlete who may project as a DE (Marcus Collins), both of whom have FBS offers, and a true freshman they took the redshirt off of this year (Ambrosius) ahead of him. It sounds like the kid made a good decision for himself. Now show me a heavily recruited kid with equal offers from both schools that picks UND. Then they will have won a head to head recruiting battle.

LOL! That is some Essential Butthurt folks. Cant make it up.

Oh, and I think you are overvaluing Menard. Not nearly as big as most think.

So lets see, UND is offering more money and a much easier path to playing time. NDSU already has a DE committed that was much more heavily recruited and has a tremendous upside (Greg Menard),an athlete who may project as a DE (Marcus Collins), both of whom have FBS offers, and a true freshman they took the redshirt off of this year (Ambrosius) ahead of him. It sounds like the kid made a good decision for himself. Now show me a heavily recruited kid with equal offers from both schools that picks UND. Then they will have won a head to head recruiting battle.

Well supposedly Develyn Ferguson was offered a full-ride from NDSU and turned it down to stay with UND.

You lost.

Get over it.

Move on.

For being back-to-back-to-back national champions, you guys sure have a lot of ego and contention regarding recruiting. Can't you just be satisfied already? It sure is gonna hurt this year when you have some loses, huh?

The fact that you are trying to sell us on why you didn't need him is a bigger deal around here. We had no reall recruiting presence in the area the last few years. He was previously committed to NDSU and no longer is after meeting with the staff. We haven't won anything as we haven't played a game and he hasn't committed yet, but you have to rebuild somewhere and that is what Bubba is giving us.

Have at it big guy.

Probably more along the lines of a less literal meaning. I was thinking more like a gangster. I do not know the young man's criminal history so I guess implying that he is a criminal is my mistake. That being said, someone implying that I am a racist is the reason I am posting here.

UND coaches didn't want him? Too small for them?

Nothing to do with UND. Addressing your estimation of him. Also, you dont think NDSU has a few advantages going for them right now. You act like UND has the upper hand.

Funny thing is Ezra hasnt even committed to UND and all this is going on.

The Bison fan base is really sensitive. When they lose a recruit they sure go out of their way to tell everyone why they basically don't want the recruit anymore. They will make up most anything to justify why they didn't get the player. They just can't accept the fact that someone would decommit from NDSU and go to another school like UND or UNI.

Probably more along the lines of a less literal meaning. I was thinking more like a gangster. I do not know the young man's criminal history so I guess implying that he is a criminal is my mistake. That being said, someone implying that I am a racist is the reason I am posting here.

I'm not implying you're racist. So since you don't know his criminal record, which is most likely non-existent since he's been recruited to play football for UND, you were making a slanderous statement about a highschool student shortly after making one of the most exhilarating and important decisions of his life after years of hard work. Good for you. Hope it makes you feel real big.

NDSU fans, we get it. Your team is better than ours right now. But if you guys think your going to be on top forever and always your gonna be sorely disappointed. Football, at every level, goes in cycles. I'm sure Notre Dame, Michigan, USC ect. all have had the exact same mindset that many of you have right now and look where they are now. Things will change, things will change back, then they will change again. Its the nature of the sport.

Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

Joe Mollberg, anyone? You guys even tried to strong-arm him in the media to commit to NDSU if I recall?

I'm not implying you're racist. So since you don't know his criminal record, which is most likely non-existent since he's been recruited to at football for UND, you were making a slanderous statement about a highschool student shortly after making one of the most exhilarating and important decisions of his life after years of hard work. Good for you. Hope it makes you feel real big.

I am glad that you are not implying that I am a racist. The original post that we are discussing did.

Agree that my statement wasn't literally accurate. Also agree that the young man was making a very important decision, probably one he should have used spellcheck with.

As far as slander, since I have never been physically in presence of the young man it would be difficult to make a slanderous statement about him. I believe you were looking for libel, not slander. He could have a libel claim against me if he could prove that my written words caused him to lose a scholarship. I don't think that is happening and just to be clear, Bubba please don't take the offer away from this young man because I wrote that it seems like he is a thug.

The Bison fan base is really sensitive. When they lose a recruit they sure go out of their way to tell everyone why they basically don't want the recruit anymore. They will make up most anything to justify why they didn't get the player. They just can't accept the fact that someone would decommit from NDSU and go to another school like UND or UNI.

Half of the kids that sign next Wednesday will never see the field. It's a total crap shoot. No one really knows have they will pan out. I still say its more what you do with developing the athletes once you get them on campus than what they did in high school. That starts with Jim Kramer at NDSU. NDSU hasn't recruited the best athletes in FCS the last 4 years, but they have had the best football team. Marcus Collins finished high school early and is enrolled at NDSU and started winter workouts with the team. He just tweeted it has only been 2 weeks and his shirts are already too small. Not sure anyone is better than Kramer and NDSU is really lucky to still have him. Bohl really wanted him at Wyoming, but his family ties to Fargo kept him here. UND should be investing in a good strength coach.