SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

He may have been offered as a QB, but I don't believe that is where he would end up playing if he verbals.

He could play QB in college. I saw him play one time and he's solid. Can run and pass pretty well. Couldn't throw an accurate deep ball that night but everything underneath looked good. I guess it depends on what we want to do offensively. If you want to run your QB Studsrud could be a better fit. May have a harder time passing behind a tall O-line in college.

He could play QB in college. I saw him play one time and he's solid. Can run and pass pretty well. Couldn't throw an accurate deep ball that night but everything underneath looked good. I guess it depends on what we want to do offensively. If you want to run your QB Studsrud could be a better fit. May have a harder time passing behind a tall O-line in college.

Personally, I am not a fan of running QB's, I would rather have a accurate passer that can get the ball into his playmakers hands, manage the game and stay healthy. Running QB's are at a much greater risk of injury and easier to defend if they aren't able to be effective throwing the ball. 6'2, 190lbs is kind of small for a college QB when he is trying to see receivers through 6'5 linemen.

Personally, I am not a fan of running QB's, I would rather have a accurate passer that can get the ball into his playmakers hands, manage the game and stay healthy. Running QB's are at a much greater risk of injury and easier to defend if they aren't able to be effective throwing the ball. 6'2, 190lbs is kind of small for a college QB when he is trying to see receivers through 6'5 linemen.

Hendrickson did fine at 6'1 190.

If we're looking for 5'8" 160 RBs why are we looking outside of North Dakota? They're dime-a-dozen in 9-man.

I'm looking for a 5'10" 200 RB with a quick first move and that knocks defenders over.

Haha he definitely has got a lot more talent than a North Dakota 9-man player. Here are his stats from this season TD: 18

103 Carriers- 935 Yd

15 Rec-360 Yd

10 KR-470 Yd

4 PR-250 Yd

All Purpose Yds-2,015

Definitely plays bigger than his listed size and the tape lists him at 5'9" 185. Take a look at his highlight tape to me it looks like he is better than any of the current backs.

I think every team that blew us out this year had 6' or 6'1" QB. They must know something we don't.

Again, depends one the offense you want to run. It's difficult to throw across the middle with a shorter QB; you're basically throwing into lanes. The best QBs in the NFL (aside from Drew Brees) are all 6'5"+ But that's a pro-style offense too, rarely see read-option at that level. And if you do their QBs are banged up.

Again, depends one the offense you want to run. It's difficult to throw across the middle with a shorter QB; you're basically throwing into lanes. The best QBs in the NFL (aside from Drew Brees) are all 6'5"+ But that's a pro-style offense too, rarely see read-option at that level. And if you do their QBs are banged up.

Your forgetting Christian Ponder, he's 6'2".

Haha he definitely has got a lot more talent than a North Dakota 9-man player. Here are his stats from this season TD: 18

103 Carriers- 935 Yd

15 Rec-360 Yd

10 KR-470 Yd

4 PR-250 Yd

All Purpose Yds-2,015

Definitely plays bigger than his listed size and the tape lists him at 5'9" 185. Take a look at his highlight tape to me it looks like he is better than any of the current backs.

Nothing against this kid, but I do not see him playing at this level. 5'9 185lb RB's are a dime a dozen and in his highlight video, he did nothing to separate himself. Making those runs against CC opponents is very different than doing against D-1 level opponents.

The QB position is more about intelligence, instincts, heart and leadership and less about metrics. Joe Montana didn't have the greatest arm strength in the world. I was ticked off when the Vikings didn't take a chance on Boise State QB Kellen Moore a couple of years ago. He's now Stafford's backup in Detroit. And of course at UND, you had Joey "McNabb" Bradley with his blond hair and strong arm do jack squat for us. Screw metrics, screw the tale of the tape; I want intelligence, instincts, heart and leadership in my QB.

The QB position is more about intelligence, instincts, heart and leadership and less about metrics. Joe Montana didn't have the greatest arm strength in the world. I was ticked off when the Vikings didn't take a chance on Boise State QB Kellen Moore a couple of years ago. He's now Stafford's backup in Detroit. And of course at UND, you had Joey "McNabb" Bradley with his blond hair and strong arm do jack squat for us. Screw metrics, screw the tale of the tape; I want intelligence, instincts, heart and leadership in my QB.

Did you really say Bradley had a strong arm?

I was thinking that was one of the talking points used by the coaches to explain what he was doing on the roster? The fact that I don't remember him that well proves what a bust he was.

His arm was a limp noodle. 45 yards max. He one hopped bubble screens with regularity. He's now a backup at some D2 school. How he ended up here and convinced people that he could play is beyond me.

You really go out of your way to pump up Wilkie don't you? Interesting.

I live in the metro and have seen him play a couple times. I have also seen Perra, Studsrud, Meidtke, Rooney and Green. Of the QB's I have watched, he impressed me the most and thought he would look great in kelly green. I have also went out of my way to pump Leech out of East Ridge (too bad for the knee injury), because I feel he would be a great addition as well. Sorry if my opinions bother you.

I was just surfing around looking for highlight videos of Studsrud, Perra and Wilkie, when I ran across this. Didn't find anything recent on Perra and Studsrud.

https://www.youtube....h?v=h99hOS-x6Wc

Here ya go...

Keaton Studsrud: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/602945/

Jacques Perra: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1773419/