SiouxSports.com Forum

Homecoming 2012

GeauxSioux

Notice the background song was not a school song - are there any school songs that don't have Sioux in the name or will we never hear them again?

Quickly pulling up the lyrics of the 4 schools songs we have. Stand Up and Cheer, Alma Mater, and Its For You, do not have the Sioux name. Those ones are safe. Obviously Fight On Sioux would more than likely not be played again.

Of course, that wont stop the students from still saying D-A-K O-T-A DAKOTA DAKOTA GOOOOO SIOUX! after the end of stand up and cheer

Quickly pulling up the lyrics of the 4 schools songs we have. Stand Up and Cheer, Alma Mater, and Its For You, do not have the Sioux name. Those ones are safe. Obviously Fight On Sioux would more than likely not be played again.

Of course, that wont stop the students from still saying D-A-K O-T-A DAKOTA DAKOTA GOOOOO SIOUX! after the end of stand up and cheer

Replace Sioux with U.....Fight On U.

Curious as to when that started. I don't remember hearing it when I attended UND.

Curious as to when that started. I don't remember hearing it when I attended UND.

I think it started when some goofy administrator or something decided we had to copy the end of the Minnesota rouser because they obviously thought it was cool to improve spelling during a game setting. Total fail in my eyes. Come up with something original.

Its always been apart of the song I believe. It started to be heard at game around, I would say, 2001-2002ish I suppose.

That's not "always". I always suspected that TNT's explanation was correct. I don't remember hearing it before last year, but could have ignored it because I think it sounds stupid. If someone decided that we needed to copy the end of the MN Rouser, hope that person has moved on in their work experience.