SiouxSports.com Forum

Realistic Expectations for UND in the Big Sky

ALPHAGRIZ1

This team is extremely focused and working harder than any team I can remember.

Our OL will be strong to begin with and I believe if they stay healthy will be dominating as the season goes on. Kistler is a road grader and Poehls is not far behind him as far as size and possible NFL talent.

RB's - We have 3 returning players with a ton of PT. Canada is a burner, Nguyen is a fumble machine but very jukey and evasive. Moore is a power back with a great 20 yard burst and as much power as any RB in the country, very very strong kid. We have 3 more that can contribute behind them, Walden, Kirschner and Hagfors.

WR's - Saylor is going to be a match up nightmare for most DB's in the BSC because he has size and deceiving wheels, Haynes will be the field stretcher, he too has size and speed. Gratton, Carver and Warren in the slot are all proven and have playing time from last year.

DT - Some new faces but all have playing time from last year. Harris is returning from a great year and should elevate his game this season.

LB's - Tripp, Coyle, Holt, Stuberg, Kanongataa, Owen (and possibly Gamboa) are the best group of LBs in the FCS and should be the single best unit on our team this season.

Secondary - young and somewhat inexperienced but loads of talent that should prove itself this season. Harris at CB is going to be a stud and should lock down one side of the field, couple that with Nguyen and Murray and Dennard possibly rotating on the other side and the corners will be very solid. Safety is overflowing with proven talent, Hermanson, Rominger, Tully, Lebsock and possibly Gamboa switching from LB to safety is a great problem to have. Can you say FAST?

This team is going to be very strong if they stay healthy, I predicted on Maroonblood.com months ago when all this criminal crap was going on that if this team stays healthy they wont lose a game this season. I still stand by that and any poster that has read me over the years can tell you I dont make predictions unless I feel they have a high probability of happening.

I havent been this excited for a returning group of players since 2000-2001.

Its going to be a hell of a ride.......so step aside the train is already on the tracks.

I will agree with you that the Griz are going to be tough. I think that they will win the Big Sky this year. I really don't think all this off the field stuff is going to affect the play on the field. But I guess time will tell. The game agaist the Bobcats is probably going to be for the conference. (As usual). Griz are going to be tough. I hope we bring our best game agaist you guys this year. Could be a very entertaining game. Hope you are ready for some "3rd and Loud"!!!

As long as Johnson remains on the team and the rest of the offense stays fairly healthy the Griz should have the most dangerous offense in the BSC, they could hang 40 on people pretty consistently with all their weapons.

Any questions will be on the defensive side of the ball, aside from a loaded group of LB the defense is a little green, so only time will tell who and how many will step up this year.

I would rather not have to win shootout games every week, but with a loaded offense and an inexperienced defense it could come to that. Even so, I feel a lot better going into this season than I have the past two, even though last year ended up being better than expected.

Definitely starting to get jacked up for football.

This team is extremely focused and working harder than any team I can remember.

Our OL will be strong to begin with and I believe if they stay healthy will be dominating as the season goes on. Kistler is a road grader and Poehls is not far behind him as far as size and possible NFL talent.

RB's - We have 3 returning players with a ton of PT. Canada is a burner, Nguyen is a fumble machine but very jukey and evasive. Moore is a power back with a great 20 yard burst and as much power as any RB in the country, very very strong kid. We have 3 more that can contribute behind them, Walden, Kirschner and Hagfors.

WR's - Saylor is going to be a match up nightmare for most DB's in the BSC because he has size and deceiving wheels, Haynes will be the field stretcher, he too has size and speed. Gratton, Carver and Warren in the slot are all proven and have playing time from last year.

DT - Some new faces but all have playing time from last year. Harris is returning from a great year and should elevate his game this season.

LB's - Tripp, Coyle, Holt, Stuberg, Kanongataa, Owen (and possibly Gamboa) are the best group of LBs in the FCS and should be the single best unit on our team this season.

Secondary - young and somewhat inexperienced but loads of talent that should prove itself this season. Harris at CB is going to be a stud and should lock down one side of the field, couple that with Nguyen and Murray and Dennard possibly rotating on the other side and the corners will be very solid. Safety is overflowing with proven talent, Hermanson, Rominger, Tully, Lebsock and possibly Gamboa switching from LB to safety is a great problem to have. Can you say FAST?

This team is going to be very strong if they stay healthy, I predicted on Maroonblood.com months ago when all this criminal crap was going on that if this team stays healthy they wont lose a game this season. I still stand by that and any poster that has read me over the years can tell you I dont make predictions unless I feel they have a high probability of happening.

I havent been this excited for a returning group of players since 2000-2001.

Its going to be a hell of a ride.......so step aside the train is already on the tracks.

After watching the UNI pounding last year I thought you guys were going to crush NDSU in the championship. I'm hoping when we play this coming season you guys aren't on fire like that night and we get a good crowd and alot of mo rolling into that game. Both teams run very deep at LB with UND being much younger their but super talented.

After watching the UNI pounding last year I thought you guys were going to crush NDSU in the championship. I'm hoping when we play this coming season you guys aren't on fire like that night and we get a good crowd and alot of mo rolling into that game. Both teams run very deep at LB with UND being much younger their but super talented.

Haters gon' hate ;)

UNI for whatever reason is a terrible playoff team. I think they get out coached maybe in the playoffs.

I think the Griz would have given the Bison a better game than SHSU did, they were a little one-dimensional and when NDSU slowed their run way down they were in trouble, After Montana finally figured them out they shut them down the second half, but the damage was already done and they ran out of time.

We could have kept NDSU a little more honest on defense with the passing game, but when you give up 300 yards rushing in a half you don't deserve to win so it wasn't to be.

As long as Johnson remains on the team and the rest of the offense stays fairly healthy the Griz should have the most dangerous offense in the BSC, they could hang 40 on people pretty consistently with all their weapons.

Any questions will be on the defensive side of the ball, aside from a loaded group of LB the defense is a little green, so only time will tell who and how many will step up this year.

I would rather not have to win shootout games every week, but with a loaded offense and an inexperienced defense it could come to that. Even so, I feel a lot better going into this season than I have the past two, even though last year ended up being better than expected.

Definitely starting to get jacked up for football.

How does this story affect JJ's status ?

http://missoulian.com/news/local/judge-unseals-dismisses-student-s-civil-rights-lawsuit-against-um/article_5dade526-c0d1-11e1-a473-001a4bcf887a.html

Why would that story effect JJ?

They only put the text messages in the story that made him look bad, they didnt put the text messages from the girl to her friends that made HER look bad. There is a reason that this isnt going anywhere. She set him up and even the prosecutor knows he would never win this case.

JJ did nothing wrong its FACT thats why he will be on the field this fall.

Don't act like you weren't a little nervous about that one after what they did to UNI. It looked like you guys against St. Francis.

Why would I have been? UNI always chokes in the playoffs. Montana is tough at home. I believe it was a snowy game. And for whatever reason, after the NDSU game, UNI didn't play that well. Whether it was as a result of that game or getting dinged up or whatever, they were not very good down the stretch.

I think the reason that UNI didnt play well against NDSU was because they were looking ahead at Montana. They got what they deserved, they just got a lot more from us.

UNI played fine against NDSU.

:huh:

my thoughts exactly.

I think the reason that UNI didnt play well against NDSU was because they were looking ahead at Montana. They got what they deserved, they just got a lot more from us.

Someone needs to troll a little harder or not at all. What happens when the ND schools take over FCS like they did D 2?

Maybe I'm still reading this wrong, but I'm just trying to figure out how UNI played like crap against ndsu on October 29th because they were looking ahead to the Montana playoff game on December 9th.

I think that's pretty amazing.

Am I missing something?

Maybe I'm still reading this wrong, but I'm just trying to figure out how UNI played like crap against ndsu on October 29th because they were looking ahead to the Montana playoff game on December 9th.

I think that's pretty amazing.

Am I missing something?

Just a whole lot of sarcasm...............................