SiouxSports.com Forum

Realistic Expectations for UND in the Big Sky

ALPHAGRIZ1

Yes, you lost by 10 and we didnt even have a QB.

Now we have the best QB in the BSC. (If he gets to play)

Three years ago UND was in the middle of the transition to FCS, playing a perennial power in their own home yard, were winning at one point, and only lost by 10. What does all of this mean for the game this year? Absolutely squat. Both teams are different and we'll find out in a couple months. Thank all that is holy that forum trash talking doesn't dictate what happens on the field :silly:

Three years ago UND was in the middle of the transition to FCS, playing a perennial power in their own home yard, were winning at one point, and only lost by 10. What does all of this mean for the game this year? Absolutely squat. Both teams are different and we'll find out in a couple months. Thank all that is holy that forum trash talking doesn't dictate what happens on the field :silly:

I am going to respond to this quote like an Eastern Washington Eagle would respond..........this is my way of trying to ease you into the douchebaggery that is the EWU fanbase.

"Yeah, well 2010 was a transition year, we had a new coach and a new offensive scheme not to mention a ton of injuries, yeah injuries really made that game closer than it should have been"

My actual response would be..........that game was 2 years ago and we won. It means nothing to the game being played in October but JJ will roll hard all over your secondary in the air and with his feet.

I think UND will find out how difficult playing in the Big Sky will be. I won't predict their record this year because I don't know how they've improved their team. Every game can go either way. This is not the Great West.

I think Seth Lobato is a hidden gem of a QB he makes plays with nobody helping him. If he had some talent around him you guys would give UND all they want....hey you guys beat MSU so anything is possible.

I loved that BTW

All I have to say about this trash talk is thank God its not a Bison fan. I love having trash talk from other schools. NDSU trash talk gets too old and since we will never face them (unless its in the playoffs) thats all we can do is trash talk...at least in just under 4 months we can settle the trash talking with Montana on the field. Lets the trashing continue!!!!!

So now you are comparing the Griz to a big 10 team with a full level of FBS scholarships? We beat the Griz in 2003, remember?

I seem to recall another game played later that year for which I am sure you would trade that Griz win for in a heartbeat.

I can't believe (well I can actually) that darrell1976 is bragging about a 10 point loss. You lost.

I am sure you are going to take my quote over to Bisonville to rake me over the coals so do me a favor......stay there.

You guys are probably in for a really rude awakening this season.

I say this because I have been reading the delusion on this board for awhile and its really starting to look like the MSU website every year.

This isnt smack but sometimes the truth hurts a bit so brace your self here it is.

UND will lose at least 6 games this year:

Portland St

San Diego St

Eastern Washington

Montana

Montana St

Southern Utah

and a very real possibility of losing to Cal Poly and Sac St

These teams are proven at this level and are returning a ton of talent, its just not a good year to be breaking into a new conference with what you guys have coming back.

Now if you want a real debate, please criticize my comments with facts and stats. I realize most of you will take the easy way out and start calling for me to be banned, call me a troll and evade facts and debate like a modest Kardashian

We can have a decent conversation or a cyber slugfest its up to you.

Here is a stat for you...UND's record against those teams last year was 1-0. UND also has alot of returning talent to match up with the returnees from those teams. The rest of your post amounts to unsubstantiated assertion.

I think your "average" Sioux football fan is always optimistic because the team is usually solid fundamentally, especially it's O and D line. Now i have to say that there has been some poor tackling in the past few years, weaknesses in the secondary but if our O and D lines are solid they will keep us in many games because you will soon see that we have a couple of guys in the backfield that are pretty good. The difference between 6-4 and something higher will come down to the field general. Looking forward to the higher level of competition as is the team I am sure.

Point being nobody has a QB like JJ............get ready to watch our side of the scoreboard light up to numbers never seen in the Alerus center.

So what are the chances that your beloved 'JJ' will be able to keep his dick in his pants long enough to able to actually play against UND instead of further embarrass your school whose new motto is 'non significat non'

So what are the chances that your beloved 'JJ' will be able to keep his dick in his pants long enough to able to actually play against UND instead of further embarrass your school whose new motto is 'non significat non'

She took "it" out and there really isnt anything to the made up fiction you guys are reading about. I am pretty sure he will be playing so all yall better stay home and do something constructive with your day.....especially if your name is Dick.

She took "it" out and there really isnt anything to the made up fiction you guys are reading about. I am pretty sure he will be playing so all yall better stay home and do something constructive with your day.....especially if your name is Dick.

What is the actual state of your team going into next season. We obviously know you have a good qb but how is the rest of the team shaping up for next fall?

I think Seth Lobato is a hidden gem of a QB he makes plays with nobody helping him. If he had some talent around him you guys would give UND all they want....hey you guys beat MSU so anything is possible.

I loved that BTW

Yeah, I agree with Lobato. He's a heck of a QB. He had no help on the offensive line. They weren't really coached up last season as our o-coordinator was also the o-line coach. This year we added a coach to take over the line. He's a very inexperienced coach, so we will see if that helps. Jace Davis, all-conference in 2010 is back at receiver after being ineligible academically last season. That will help Seth. They were quit the combo in spring ball. Back on topic, I agree that UND is in for a rude awakening. This is not the Great West. Every game will be a challenge.

Cal Poly barely beat a team that could not pass the ball last year and will run into a buzzsaw at the Alerus and will be torched by Braden Hansen.

I certainly think UND is more than capable of beating Cal Poly next season (the Allerus Center is tough place to play and we are unlucky enough to have to go there two years in a row), but I would not put it down as a for sure win.

Cal Poly will not take UND lightly and they will be a better team in 2012. Look for them to open it up more on offense and throw it more than 10 times a game. The defense will finally have all d-linemen recruited for a 4-3 defense and not the flex and they will have a 3 year and a 4 year starters backing them up at the LB positions. The defensive secondary loses Asa, but is deeper and more talented this season.

It should be another great game, just like the last three.

I certainly think UND is more than capable of beating Cal Poly next season (the Allerus Center is tough place to play and we are unlucky enough to have to go there two years in a row), but I would not put it down as a for sure win.

Cal Poly will not take UND lightly and they will be a better team in 2012. Look for them to open it up more on offense and throw it more than 10 times a game. The defense will finally have all d-linemen recruited for a 4-3 defense and not the flex and they will have a 3 year and a 4 year starters backing them up at the LB positions. The defensive secondary loses Asa, but is deeper and more talented this season.

It should be another great game, just like the last three.

Agree with all you said. Just seems that North Dakota and Poly match-up so well with one another, and each game thus far has been very close. As long as both teams stay on their current course, I'll probably pick the home team each time they meet.

I figure CP to finish as one of the top two teams in the conference this season.