SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Champs

breakin face

Oh, please, don't kid us. That is the point of every post you've made in this thread thus far.

Honesty hurt much? He simply pointed out that UND probably honestly worth having ranked last year based on the victories they had considering who they played against. Anytime UND played a good team, they lost.

Now someone is going to try convincing me(and themselves) how SUU was a big win.

Honesty hurt much? He simply pointed out that UND probably honestly worth having ranked last year based on the victories they had considering who they played against. Anytime UND played a good team, they lost.

Yourself, Kolpack, Bohl and all the other fans should take that arguement to the people who vote in the polls. I've yet to see them point out any voter who has agreed with their (your) arguement. All they/you have done is take it to the radio and message boards and whine about it. The truth hurts that UND was ranked and your media, coaches and fan base is looking pretty silly trying to come up with every excuse why 10 months later.

• Upvote 1

Can't wait till UND is ranked higher than NDSU in the polls next year!! Oh man....that is going to be a great day!! ;)

You would think you guys would say that you can't wait until you win the FCS championship, instead you are worried about polls? My, my, how the fighting pioux have fallen....

Now someone is going to try convincing me(and themselves) how SUU was a big win.

OMG - should we go back through the years and look at the W/L record of teams su has played - we won't because we are not obsessed with them the way su fans are with UND.

You would think you guys would say that you can't wait until you win the FCS championship, instead you are worried about polls? My, my, how the fighting pioux have fallen....

Well first things first. First we will be ranked higher than you, then we will win a FCS title. I realize that you Bison fans don't think we can do either. Patience my dear boy!!

As for 2011, yes, NDSU had the better team. But I support looking ahead, especially since in my opinion UND's last two recruiting classes were better than NDSU's, and UND is in a better football conference. This poll argument will be mute in a few months because UND will be playing first-class FCS competition so poll votes will be much more accurate due to schedule consistency.

• Upvote 1

We won the FCS championship, not sure if you guys knew that. I could care less what you were ranked in the polls, we won it all. How does that feel?

You won it like 5 months ago not 5 minutes ago. Get over yourself. Lets see if you repeat or fall like Eastern Washington did.

Well first things first. First we will be ranked higher than you, then we will win a FCS title. I realize that you Bison fans don't think we can do either. Patience my dear boy!!

There is no doubt in my mind that eventually UND will be ranked higher than NDSU, and it could happen relatively soon. UND has always had a good program. As far as the FCS title, I wouldn't assume that will necessarily be happening any time soon. UND didn't get their first DII title until about 40 years after NDSU. Could be a long wait.

As for 2011, yes, NDSU had the better team. But I support looking ahead, especially since in my opinion UND's last two recruiting classes were better than NDSU's, and UND is in a better football conference. This poll argument will be mute in a few months because UND will be playing first-class FCS competition so poll votes will be much more accurate due to schedule consistency.

Not according to Sports Network. I think the two conferences are very close. Even if the Big Sky was a better conference (which it could be argued that they are), isn't it more important to be the national champions than to be from a better conference?

There is no doubt in my mind that eventually UND will be ranked higher than NDSU, and it could happen relatively soon. UND has always had a good program. As far as the FCS title, I wouldn't assume that will necessarily be happening any time soon. UND didn't get their first DII title until about 40 years after NDSU. Could be a long wait.

Not according to Sports Network. I think the two conferences are very close. Even if the Big Sky was a better conference (which it could be argued that they are), isn't it more important to be the national champions than to be from a better conference?

I think that we are just happy to see our football/bb teams get into a stable good FCS/D-1 conference. Yeah, maybe it's a little better than MVC in football, but what I like is that it includes more sports than just football. (Okay, maybe a little bit of a dig at NDSU.) I think if UND commits to the facilities and builds that mutli-use sports training facility and upgrades their football stadium, it will be much less than 40 years before a FCS (Or whatever they'll call it) championship.

I think that we are just happy to see our football/bb teams get into a stable good FCS/D-1 conference. Yeah, maybe it's a little better than MVC in football, but what I like is that it includes more sports than just football. (Okay, maybe a little bit of a dig at NDSU.) I think if UND commits to the facilities and builds that mutli-use sports training facility and upgrades their football stadium, it will be much less than 40 years before a FCS (Or whatever they'll call it) championship.

Maybe they'll go back to 1 AA, then the third tier could be 1 BB, then DII, DIII, NAIA, 9-Man, 6-Man, Collegiate Lingerie League (I could actually live with that one), 6 levels of Intramurals, Under 6' 200Lb. League, Over 180 IQ League...

A championship for everybody, let's get those trophy cases full! #watered down

Maybe they'll go back to 1 AA, then the third tier could be 1 BB, then DII, DIII, NAIA, 9-Man, 6-Man, Collegiate Lingerie League (I could actually live with that one), 6 levels of Intramurals, Under 6' 200Lb. League, Over 180 IQ League...

A championship for everybody, let's get those trophy cases full! #watered down

You got a point there.

I was just wondering with the incoming 4 team playoff for the superior Bowl teams, which I know will expand rapidly and quickly, if they will change the FCS name again...

UND fans will only admit an FCS national championship is important when they have won one. Until then, they will continue to degrade FCS football. I hope their football recruits read the dribble all of the hockey fans have posted here in the last year.

You got a point there.

I was just wondering with the incoming 4 team playoff for the superior Bowl teams, which I know will expand rapidly and quickly, if they will change the FCS name again...

If they really do break the remaining D1 schools into 2 levels I would guess they would try to come up with something new for each level, if the second tier remained FCS I don't know what they could call the 3rd tier that would still sound legit. FCS II? Everything I come up with sounds hokey, maybe somebody else has an idea that makes sense.

UND fans will only admit an FCS national championship is important when they have won one. Until then, they will continue to degrade FCS football. I hope their football recruits read the dribble all of the hockey fans have posted here in the last year.

Only a few on here are downgrading the FCS championship, and mostly to get under the Bison fans skin. When UND gets their first FCS playoff berth everybody will be on board.

Hmmm.

You sound like George Costanza trying to justify shrinkage when he gets out of the water...

• Upvote 1

A statement of fact is that the BCS teams are superior to FCS teams. They play with the advantage of the better athletes, more money, more scholarships, etc...

At the University of North Dakota we were instructed to look facts and reality straight in the face and acknowledge them. I guess in Buffaloville, that doesn't happen, eh?

I'm glad UND is in a superior FCS football conference. I will cheer them to win a FCS conference and national championship. They will not only do well at that level, they will exceed.

• Upvote 1

A statement of fact is that the BCS teams are superior to FCS teams. They play with the advantage of the better athletes, more money, more scholarships, etc...

At the University of North Dakota we were instructed to look facts and reality straight in the face and acknowledge them. I guess in Buffaloville, that doesn't happen, eh?

Is that why James Madison beat a Virginia Tech team that finished in the top 10?

I'm glad UND is in a superior FCS football conference. I will cheer them to win a FCS conference and national championship. They will not only do well at that level, they will exceed.

I wouldnt call BSC superior to the MV. W/o Montana, the BSC is not the powerhouse you think. SIU, Youngstown, Western Kentucky and NDSU have won NCs from the MV.

They are probably pretty equal but no way the BSC is superior in FB.

I wouldnt call BSC superior to the MV. W/o Montana, the BSC is not the powerhouse you think. SIU, Youngstown, Western Kentucky and NDSU have won NCs from the MV.

They are probably pretty equal but no way the BSC is superior in FB.

No one said the BSC was superior to the MV - it was stated that the BSC is a superior conference, which it is along with the CAA, SoCon and MVFC. And, with 4 teams that have won the national title from the MV, you realize that there have been 5 champions from the Big Sky right? Boise State, Idaho State, Montana State, Montana and Eastern Washington.

But, at least you come back with them being equal, which I think most would agree with here. :)