SiouxSports.com Forum

successful season formula

This coming from a wanna-be Coloradoan. Go back to the flat frozen tundra where you came from. And yes, I will have no problem telling you that to your face when you come to Greeley this fall. I'll be the one with a Colorado - pioneer license plate. I'm sure you've seen those around.

I wasn't talking smack and you are dumb enough to interpret it that way. Why wouldn't you want to be in a conference with more regional rivals? You don't get that in the Big Sky. The MVFC is a pretty good conference.

HAHAH hey buddy I work for a business intelligence software company that is set to go public in less than 18 months- no opportunities like that in Nodak; let alone Minneapolis. I do my part in contributing to the local economy. If you weren't talking smack than why would you come onto a UND board and say that we should be in a different conference. I would take a look in the mirror before you thump your chest anymore. I also have relatives here so try again tool.

Congrats on your parents and grandparents living in Colorado. Smart move by them. I'm hoping my eventual kids and grandkids will continue to live here too. However, we're talking about Greeley. On the front range Greeley and Pueblo are the butt of jokes for a reason and it has nothing to do with your crappy football team.

I don't like Greeley either but it's not the worst place in the state. You're not even from CO and youre talking smack about parts of it? Hell, even the worst city in CO would be better than the best city in ND.

I don't like Greeley either but it's not the worst place in the state. You're not even from CO and youre talking smack about parts of it? Hell, even the worst city in CO would be better than the best city in ND.

We get it. Your state is better. Now please tell us how your sports teams are better. This is a website to talk about sports. This thread in particular is discussing what a successful season for football in the Big Sky would be. Obviously you don't have an answer to this because you are a UNC Bears fan!!

CO use to be a great state but with all the CA people moving there not so much now. How did it feel to lose on a last second FB last year?

Don't take this as smack, because it isn't. However, I agree with most of what that article says. UND just doesn't belong geographically. It helped a little when USD was in the conference (what for about 2 days?). The college presidents will look for a way to kick you guys out asap, especially if we can't get a 14th member. You guys belong with the other Dakota and midwest schools, the MVFC. That's a heck of a conference and some consider it a better conference than the Big SKy.

And in DII UNC belonged in the NCC? You didn't belong in the conference geographically. You were the only team in the Mountain Time Zone, but yet I didn't hear any outcry from St. Cloud State, Augustana, Morningside, Omaha or here in the Dakota's to boot you guys out. Why do you think that was?

"Not the worst place in the state" isn't saying a lot. I didn't realize I had to be from a place to realize that it's crappy. At least North Dakota doesn't have arrogant pricks like you who think they're better because their parents/grandparents decision. In any other state, you wouldn't be heralded as a pioneer, you'd be someone who needs to get out and explore. You're just lucky your family stayed in CO.

"Not the worst place in the state" isn't saying a lot. I didn't realize I had to be from a place to realize that it's crappy. At least North Dakota doesn't have arrogant pricks like you who think they're better because their parents/grandparents decision. In any other state, you wouldn't be heralded as a pioneer, you'd be someone who needs to get out and explore. You're just lucky your family stayed in CO.

No, but you shouldn't invade a state and say some parts are crappy. As I said before, the worst city in Colorado is better than the best city in ND. Please move back to North Dakota. The natives such as myself don't want you here.

No, but you shouldn't invade a state and say some parts are crappy. As I said before, the worst city in Colorado is better than the best city in ND. Please move back to North Dakota. The natives such as myself don't want you here.

Again, lets get back on track. this isn't a "Who's state is better to live in" argument. It is how to succeed in the Big Sky football conference. Here's my idea. Look at what Norther Colorado has done the past 5 years in theSik Sky and do the complete opposite!! :lol:

• Upvote 2

For all of you that don't know, many native Coloradans have an attitude and seem to think that they are levels above everyone else. It is pretty funny really because most who complain about this are ski bums or low level income that have no motivation to truly succeed. This state is run my a large percentage of "non natives" whether you like it or not so get used to it.

Denver / Boulder has a big tech industry out here; only other places this exists is in Silicon Valley and Washington DC so talent comes from all over the world, including North Dakota. This is a big reason for many "non-natives" invading your state. Heck, I was offered a job before I even moved so what does that tell you? Like it or not buddy this is a huge industry and the state collects A LOT of tax revenue from it. Are you going to complain about the tourism that fuels the state's budgets next?

You have some issues and you chose to air them out in the wrong place.

You are starting to show your maturity level quite nicely. Quit with the ND bashing, we have heard it all, come up with something more original. Also, do a bit of research about our fine state, you might be surprised.

Again, lets get back on track. this isn't a "Who's state is better to live in" argument. It is how to succeed in the Big Sky football conference. Here's my idea. Look at what Norther Colorado has done the past 5 years in theSik Sky and do the complete opposite!! :lol:

Nicely done.

For all of you that don't know, many native Coloradans have an attitude and seem to think that they are levels above everyone else. It is pretty funny really because most who complain about this are ski bums or low level income that have no motivation to truly succeed. This state is run my a large percentage of "non natives" whether you like it or not so get used to it.

Denver / Boulder has a big tech industry out here; only other places this exists is in Silicon Valley and Washington DC so talent comes from all over the world, including North Dakota. This is a big reason for many "non-natives" invading your state. Heck, I was offered a job before I even moved so what does that tell you? Like it or not buddy this is a huge industry and the state collects A LOT of tax revenue from it. Are you going to complain about the tourism that fuels the state's budgets next?

You have some issues and you chose to air them out in the wrong place.

Well, Wanna-be Coloradoan. I'm glad you see I'm not the only one. The people who have been here a long time must help each other, even it seems were putting out a holier-than thou type attitude. I don't expect you to understand, you're not one of us.

Again, my original post was not smack. Some of you were pretty sensitive. You belong with your geographic partners in the Mid-West. Nothing wrong with that. It wasn't a smack against your athletics nor academics.

As for the up coming season, I think you will beat ISU and maybe UC-Davis. However, you beat a UNC team last season (who by all accounts was the worst in many years) by 2 points. I don't think you'll do it again. UNC has many new faces to the team and new coaches as well.

Well, Wanna-be Coloradoan. I'm glad you see I'm not the only one. The people who have been here a long time must help each other, even it seems were putting out a holier-than thou type attitude. I don't expect you to understand, you're not one of us.

Again, my original post was not smack. Some of you were pretty sensitive. You belong with your geographic partners in the Mid-West. Nothing wrong with that. It wasn't a smack against your athletics nor academics.

As for the up coming season, I think you will beat ISU and maybe UC-Davis. However, you beat a UNC team last season (who by all accounts was the worst in many years) by 2 points. I don't think you'll do it again. UNC has many new faces to the team and new coaches as well.

There are going to be teams that aren't close to each other, does that mean they shouldn't be a part of a conference? Miami is closer to the SEC should they leave the ACC? Youngstown isn't next to any of the MVFC teams except Indiana State and that is like say we are next to Montana State. Hawaii isn't close to anyone they should just be an Independent? Why should geography matter. They (BSC presidents and AD's) look at strengths of a school like academics (they do teach at school), competitiveness, and overall quality of the school. I am sure if they were looking solely at footprints of the conference UND and USD wouldn't have been added.

You are a lost cause so I am not going to entertain your non football jibberish.

In regards to our schedule, we do have a tough one. However I have done my homework on UNC and I do understand that they will be better this year. However, I do not think that you have done yours on UND because we have a very promising team this year. We only beat you by 2 because of poor QB and DB play, which if you would have done your homework you would have realized that we have done a pretty good job of addressing those issues.

That said I think you are waaaay off. Can't wait to kick the snot out of you guys! Now run along.

• Upvote 2

You are a lost cause so I am not going to entertain your non football jibberish.

In regards to our schedule, we do have a tough one. However I have done my homework on UNC and I do understand that they will be better this year. However, I do not think that you have done yours on UND because we have a very promising team this year. We only beat you by 2 because of poor QB and DB play, which if you would have done your homework you would have realized that we have done a pretty good job of addressing those issues.

That said I think you are waaaay off. Can't wait to kick the snot out of you guys! Now run along.

Sorry you're jealous because I'm a native and you're not.

I've done my home work on UND. I like the pick up you had with the QB. We shall see how things turn out in Nov.

I've done my home work on UND. I like the pick up you had with the QB. We shall see how things turn out in Nov.

Time will tell, the rivalry that once was shouldn't take too long to heat up again. I do look forward to it.

FYI- I am not jealous that you are a "native" I am here because of my occupation and I happen to love skiing (and happen to be better at it than most of my "native" friends and relatives)

Time will tell, the rivalry that once was shouldn't take too long to heat up again. I do look forward to it.

FYI- I am not jealous that you are a "native" I am here because of my occupation and I happen to love skiing (and happen to be better at it than most of my "native" friends and relatives)

So move to another mountain state. Wyoming and Utah have great skiing as well. Leave my state.

It's hilarious that you think you being a native actually has anything to do with you. It's all about your parents and grandparents living in Colorado.

Run the ball.

Don't get torched by the pass.

Run the ball.

Run the ball.

stop the run when they aren't torching the secondary.

Run the ball.

throw the ball once just for run.

(repeat as you see fit)

I am a North Dakota native and welcome people to the state. I should be the President for North Dakota. Things would go better then. DaveK would go Lee Harvey Oswald on me though. Or Lakes. Lakes doesn't like me very much. I am rude to him on AGS. On second thought, Lakes might just threaten me.

I contributed to both the main point of the thread, and to the thread drift.

• Upvote 2

You too. Please leave my state.

While your state scrambles to fix housing situations and its economy my state is wondering what to do with all of the extra money. Should we burn it to keep warm in the winter? Should we shred it to make clothes for poor forclosed upon mountain folk? Should we make pinatas with it? Should we give it to Minnesota so they can afford to build their new stadium? I'm running out of ideas, we may be on the plains but we do have mountains, they only difference is that ours are made of cash and yours are rocks and dirt. Keep up the good work for your state.

Boy, you said it! UNC is a textbook case of a school that should have stayed Division II. You have to give this guy props for posting on this board though, it is the first UNC fan I have ever seen here on a message board. I have my doubts though, sounds a bit like a NDSU fan trying to get under our skin.

For anyone who has seen the UNC campus and athletic facilities, you are absolutely 100% correct. They are a joke for D-1 athletics. Heck, even for FCS football!