SiouxSports.com Forum

Brock, Danny, and Derek: PLEASE STAY!!!

yzerman19

yes, they may have wanted to sign him. But we were not in his discussions with them, so we can't rule out that he said, i don't feel like i am mature enough to move on and they replied with then, stay and we will wait until you are ready.

My point was, we were not party to his discussions with anyone...so, we can not state that is what happened in those conversations.

Ok I misinterpreted that a little I get what you're saying now.

I don't think the Canadiens could talk to him about signing since they don't have a GM and all those other shenanigans going on with them.

They have "front office" people to handle the duties of the GM until it's filled. But as a college player, they can't contact you. If you're interested in signing, said college player would have to contact them first. I'm sure Kristo has "people" he knows in the front office of Montreal that he contacted. Sounds like Montreal didn't extend an offer because Kristo indicated his interest in returning to UND.

They have "front office" people to handle the duties of the GM until it's filled. But as a college player, they can't contact you. If you're interested in signing, said college player would have to contact them first. I'm sure Kristo has "people" he knows in the front office of Montreal that he contacted. Sounds like Montreal didn't extend an offer because Kristo indicated his interest in returning to UND.

Yep, the player has to inform the team that they are interested in signing before a contract offer can be made.

I was looking at the Montreal Canadiens HF boards and saw some of their reactions to Kristo returning and all I can say is wow! A lot of people wanted him traded right away, some said he will not develop at all, and others said there is no way he is going back to try to win a championship because this was their year, haha it really suprised me at the lack of knowledge some fans had about the college game, I figured they knew a little about UND and that they're basically a championship contender going into every season.

• Upvote 2

I was looking at the Montreal Canadiens HF boards and saw some of their reactions to Kristo returning and all I can say is wow! A lot of people wanted him traded right away, some said he will not develop at all, and others said there is no way he is going back to try to win a championship because this was their year, haha it really suprised me at the lack of knowledge some fans had about the college game, I figured they knew a little about UND and that their basically a championship contender going into every season.

I learned a long time ago not to attempt to talk college hockey with Canadians because they just don't understand. This was along the same time I figured out how clueless Habs and Leafs fans are for the most part.

I take back the generalization about Canadians, I'd say Manitobans are much more knowledgable about the college game and UND than others, thinking back to when I was in Winnipeg for the game in January...

And as a generality, US fans are pretty ignorant regarding international play and the Memorial Cup...I've heard many US hockey fans ask "what is the WJC?"

We die hard Sioux hockey fans...who are talking about it in May...are an exception- oh, and I am American!!

And as a generality, US fans are pretty ignorant regarding international play and the Memorial Cup...I've heard many US hockey fans ask "what is the WJC?"

We die hard Sioux hockey fans...who are talking about it in May...are an exception- oh, and I am American!!

I met some Canadians once who were shocked I knew what the WHL was...

I learned a long time ago not to attempt to talk college hockey with Canadians because they just don't understand. This was along the same time I figured out how clueless Habs and Leafs fans are for the most part.

I take back the generalization about Canadians, I'd say Manitobans are much more knowledgable about the college game and UND than others, thinking back to when I was in Winnipeg for the game in January...

I half-expected to get smart remarks from Major Junior hockey fans when I drove to Winnipeg for the U.S. College Hockey Classic, but the Winnipegers I talked to were awesome. I think having WDAZ on their cable system and thus having access to our games all these years has something to do with it. I think Brandon and areas further west are more WHL territory than Winnipeg is.

I think we should have a U.S. College Hockey Classic game every year and I would love it if UND was able to play Minnesota or Denver in this game. That would give Winnipegers a really up close and personal look at what a College Hockey rivalry is supposed to look like!

I think we should have a U.S. College Hockey Classic game every year and I would love it if UND was able to play Minnesota or Denver in this game. That would give Winnipegers a really up close and personal look at what a College Hockey rivalry is supposed to look like!

UND may never see the goophers again (outside of the playoffs) after this season..... ???

Once the name issue is resolved (and it will be, despite what some people on here think), I think this is something that should be pursued.

Never underestimate the stubbornness of the people of North Dakota. Hopefully the alumni education campaign is well-run (it got off to a not-so-great start).

Never underestimate the stubbornness of the people of North Dakota. Hopefully the alumni education campaign is well-run (it got off to a not-so-great start).

I just don't think "the folks" in North Dakota want to destroy UND athletics (well, except for the stream yellow crowd in Fargo). It might take more time than we like, but it will be resolved.

I half-expected to get smart remarks from Major Junior hockey fans when I drove to Winnipeg for the U.S. College Hockey Classic, but the Winnipegers I talked to were awesome. I think having WDAZ on their cable system and thus having access to our games all these years has something to do with it. I think Brandon and areas further west are more WHL territory than Winnipeg is.

Having had two of the recently most successful local boys come through our program can't hurt (Zajac and Toews)

You could get quite a few stubborn people, but you could also get a bunch of people who aren't sports fans or anything that don't understand the ramifications of the vote but want to put in a vote against political correctness in general. That is what I worry about, people trying to stick it to the politically correct crowd without regard to the consequences.

You could get quite a few stubborn people, but you could also get a bunch of people who aren't sports fans or anything that don't understand the ramifications of the vote but want to put in a vote against political correctness in general. That is what I worry about, people trying to stick it to the politically correct crowd without regard to the consequences.

Especially with Measure 2 (abolition of property taxes) on the ballot. That one is going to bring in a LOT of people to vote.

There is also the group that is just tired of hearing about this. Most of them will vote to let the name be retired. But I don't know how big that group is across the state.