SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting Tidbit

sodakfan

Word in Aberdeen is that Tyson DesCamps has been offered by all the D-1AA teams in the Dakotas and Mont. but is waiting until UND is done with their season and has time to visit. I've seen this kid play and he is awesome! 5'9", 190 lbs, 505 squat and 325 bench plus he can flat out fly. One game I watched he scored 5 td's and was on the sideline most of the 2nd half.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be great if we could land this talented running back out of SD!

Has anyone else heard anything about UND recruiting and how it is going? I know that the top two kids in ND, West Fargo's Roehl and Fargo South's Wurzhacher, have both supposedly commited to the Bison.

This is a very preliminary list but these are some names who are probably on the radar screen for football recruiting (other than DesCamps):

Rory Manke 6'1", 195 lbs, db/qb, Detroit Lakes. Many say he's the best of the Manke brothers. I imagine he'll be playing safety in college. I have heard he'll probably come here if no I-A offers are forthcoming.

Jake Caufield 6'3", 190 lbs, wr, Minot. Two-time all-state; good size and speed; big-play receiver.

Brady Trenbeath 175 lbs, wr, Cavalier. Probably the best player in AA in ND this year.

Wayne Samson 275 lbs, dl, Cavalier.

Zach Harrington 6'2", 270 lbs, dl, Carrington.

Trevor Dally 6'4", 285 lbs, ol, Fosston

Josh Karch 6'2", 195 lbs, lb, Moorhead

Nolan Oliver 6'1", 205 lbs, lb, Moorhead

Eric Schaumberg 6'1", 165 lbs, db, Mahnomen

Jared Bardon 6'3", 225 lbs, te, Deforest (WI)

Brady Trenbeath 175 lbs, wr, Cavalier. Probably the best player in AA in ND this year.

Wayne Samson 275 lbs, dl, Cavalier.

Hopefully landing Sundby last year is a sign of a new trend. Cavalier has typically been Bison country in the past where recruiting is concerned.

Is anybody recruiting the RB from Bismarck (the little guy)? I know his size is a major disadvantage, but he seems like he could be a wideout/KR type in college.

I think Weston Dressler will probably end up playing for UMary or another DAC-10 school, but I think he could be at least an effective kick/punt returner for a dII school with his speed and elusiveness.

I live in Bismarck and I've heard UND and NDSU are both vying for Dressler, and I also heard the UND is the supposed frontrunner. Could be a rumor but the source is pretty legit. Dressler in my opinion could easily play for UND or NDSU at least as a third down type back. The kid has serious skills, he can stop on a dime and is as quick as they get. Also played receiver as a soph. at BHS and was all-state.

• 2 weeks later...
I live in Bismarck and I've heard UND and NDSU are both vying for Dressler, and I also heard the UND is the supposed frontrunner. Could be a rumor but the source is pretty legit. Dressler in my opinion could easily play for UND or NDSU at least as a third down type back. The kid has serious skills, he can stop on a dime and is as quick as they get. Also played receiver as a soph. at BHS and was all-state.

I believe Dressler is visiting UND this weekend. I saw him and a number of other potential recruits at the basketball game tonight. The only other one I recognized was the kid from Carrington whom I referenced in a previous post.

Rory Manke 6'1", 195 lbs, db/qb, Detroit Lakes. Many say he's the best of the Manke brothers. I imagine he'll be playing safety in college. I have heard he'll probably come here if no I-A offers are forthcoming.

I wouldn't assume that you've automatically got Manke locked up simply because his brothers assumed to UND. The lure of a D1 school is unpridicable.

I wouldn't assume that you've automatically got Manke locked up simply because his brothers assumed to UND. The lure of a D1 school is unpridicable.

Who said anything about assuming he is coming to UND just because his brothers are here? Nobody that I'm aware of. What I was told by somebody who knows the family is that there is a very good chance he'll come here IF he isn't offered by a I-A school. No guarantees, of course, but I wouldn't bet against it, either.

I "unofficially" learned that Dressler commited to the Sioux during his visit last weekend. Not sure if it is fact.

They feel he can be a very effective kick returner and situational receiver. He apparently is one tough kid with great quickness and speed.

That would be good news if it is true. I don't think his size would by any real drawback as a returner, and it's always good to sign as many of the top North Dakotans as possible. Regardless of his size or lack thereof, he was definitely one of the top--and many say THE top--North Dakota high school players this year. That's not to say he's necessarily the top college prospect, but he certainly has a chance to do well.

The lure of a D1 school is unpridicable.

Oh yeah, especially a 'DI' that is guaranteed no post-season for almost the entirety of the student-athlete's eligibility.

No post-season is the one and only thing that is not "unpridicable" [sic] here.

I hope Rory Manke makes the decision that is best for him. That's the hope I have for every student-athlete. (If memory serves, a local paper reported that Minnesota wants him to walk on.)

As far as size and receivers, two words: Dan Grossman.

Oh yeah, especially a 'DI' that is guaranteed no post-season for almost the entirety of the student-athlete's eligibility.

No post-season is the one and only thing that is not "unpridicable" [sic] here.

I hope Rory Manke makes the decision that is best for him. That's the hope I have for every student-athlete. (If memory serves, a local paper reported that Minnesota wants him to walk on.)

As far as size and receivers, two words: Dan Grossman.

He would actually be on the first post-season eligible NDSU team when he is a senior.

good to hear we signed the caulfield kid from minot. sounds like he's got great potential. 6-2 and 190 as a high school senior WR is very impressive. i hadnt heard much about him before this, but it sounds as if he is a going to be a good recruit. keep up the good job with the updates UND 92,96. i love to hear about stuff like this when we are recruiting. you do a very good job finding this information and posting it for us.

GO SIOUX!!