SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting Tidbit

sodakfan

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very disappointed that the Herald had nothing in today's paper about any of the expected signees. In the past, there has always been an article, and at least once I recall them having an entire list of expected signees. Even the St. Cloud paper has a fairly extensive list of their commitments.

Man, Heckendorf's stats and physical numbers are impressive. It would have been nice to get him. I was told his dream was to play D-I football on full scholarship. Well, he got that with NDSU. Won't ever be playoff eligible, but he's on a full ride to a D-IAA school. But, good for him, he's going to live his dream.

If he redshirts he should be playoff eligible.

Here is an article from the Wausau (WI) paper regarding the signings of Rohde and Heckendorf by UND and NDSU, respectively. Heckendorf's coach confirmed that he's getting a full scholarship. I think it's safe to say that UND wasn't able to offer that kind of money. Maybe he'd have gone there anyway, but the likely scholarship offer differential probably removed all doubt.