SiouxSports.com Forum

No Leaks Yet?

The Sicatoka

We're into February and UND's mens hockey team is supposed to be sporting their post-January 1, 2012 jerseys soon as the prior statements all said "end of February".

There must be tight security around this because we haven't seen a leaked image of the design yet. I'm surprised.

We're into February and UND's mens hockey team is supposed to be sporting their post-January 1, 2012 jerseys soon as the prior statements all said "end of February".

There must be tight security around this because we haven't seen a leaked image of the design yet. I'm surprised.

Maybe it will be closer to the end of April. :)

If they look like the bands new jerseys. I will be soooo embarrassed. I just hope they look decent.

From what I've been told by one of the band members, the school gave them only about 2 days to get those jerseys and so the design was very limited and very rushed. They weren't too enthused about it either.

From what I've been told by one of the band members, the school gave them only about 2 days to get those jerseys and so the design was very limited and very rushed. They weren't too enthused about it either.

So it took 2 days to come up with jerseys that don't even resemble the color scheme of the University? I thought people that played in band we're pretty smart. :whistling:

So it took 2 days to come up with jerseys that don't even resemble the color scheme of the University? I thought people that played in band we're pretty smart. :whistling:

No that's two days to come up with a design, get them to the shop, and then wait about 2 days for them to come in. So really probably just a couple hours at most to design something basic enough to arrive on time.

Unbelievable the amount of dislike/hatred for the band when they are volunteering their time to add atmosphere to the games (and not just the hockey games).

No that's two days to come up with a design, get them to the shop, and then wait about 2 days for them to come in. So really probably just a couple hours at most to design something basic enough to arrive on time.

Unbelievable the amount of dislike/hatred for the band when they are volunteering their time to add atmosphere to the games (and not just the hockey games).

Love for what the band provides to the atmosphere not just at The Ralph, The Betty, but even the atmosphere at the Alerus. I don't think there's any clear "hatred" for the band... I'm willing to bet that 75% of the people attending a hockey game at The Ralph love and support the efforts that the band puts on. It adds an "extra" element to the atmosphere there. No question.

In all respect, I'm just saying they really displayed a lack of confusion on that jersey design, the logo is fine, the color scheme is a head-scratcher? Those jerseys, in particular alienate the band from the crowd and supporters wearing their "Sioux" Jerseys and apparel or "North Dakota" jerseys and apparel - pick your poison.

Just my thoughts.

One more thing to add. Yes, they do volunteer their time, which is greatly appreciated, but keep in mind they also attend and witness the best sporting events in Grand Forks with their providing efforts.

I know several members in the band and they absolutely hate the jerseys as well. I realize they only had a couple of days but whoever designed them could have done a much better job than that. I think the band does a great job representing our school and they genuinely have a great time doing it!

I thought they said the jerseys wouldn't be available until the end of February, but the team would continue to wear these jerseys for the rest of the season.

The team will wear the pre-1/1/2012 jerseys until the new, post-1/1/2012 jerseys are available (late February).

As far as the "band jersey" I'll cut them slack if they really were that rushed.

If you don't like the new band jersey, you can chalk that one up to the athletic department. Prior to the beginning of the school year, the band was told they'd be allowed to wear the Sioux jerseys for the remainder of the year, regardless of what happened with the nickname and logo, which is why the band wore those jerseys in Winnipeg for the game against Clarkson, and which is why there was no plan in place to order new jerseys. Some of the big wigs at the game at MTS saw the band in the jerseys and informed them in the middle of the next week that they wouldn't be allowed to wear them anymore. And although there are some people in the band who don't like the jerseys, I know the gal who was in charge of ordering them and I think she did a great job with the amount of time and money involved. And from what I understand, these won't be the jerseys the band wears from here on out. They were ordered to get the band through the rest of this season. So yeah, cut the band some slack.