SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

I agree - good assessment, Hambone. We have offers out to a lot of talented prospects - I sure hope we can get a few of them. I had expected more of them to have made decisions by now.

I wasn't familiar with Hogan. Wow - he is a big kid, isn't he? Kubick has nice size, too!

Saw hogan in person this fall at a game and holy !@#$ was he huge. I don't usually double take when I see football recruits but wow. If he could develope he would be a beast.

Nice post Hambone. Here are my thoughts on some of those guys:

- Didn't like Rhoda much on his film. We can do better.

- Tusler is slow and overrated. Think we backed off on him.

- Carson Hogan and/or Jesse Kubick would both be nice PWO additions. If we have to throw them a bone to get them, so be it. Don't think there's any way we get Fahning. Would be nice though.

- Scarver at TE would be huge. His other offers are impressive. We need a big playmaking TE to compliment the WR in the passing game and give the young QBs a friend.

- I believe we have another verbal out there at NG that hasnt been posted.

- At LB, right now Redmond would be a huge get. I've heard Alipate may stay in the metro area and go to St. Thomas, which is shocking given his list of offers. Kyle Norberg from IL is high on my wish list as well. Landing Redmond and Norberg would be huge.

- Corner: getting really nervous about this position in this class. Hopefully they have some tricks and secrets up their sleeves that they are holding onto until signing day. They always like to have surprises on NSD.

- Thurman played safety, but I really think he projects much better as an OLB, given his size and film. Just get the kid to sign. Cole Reyes is another safety that is a longshot. He visited in December and would be a huge win. I dont believe Bobbit is still an option.

- Might bring in a kicker?

There are many others out there that are being waited on or are still planning on visiting in January. That I know. Its a waiting game for both sides.

Surprises me about Tusler, and the fact that you believe there is another NG commit out there. Unless Brandon Miller or Garrett Cary are planning on being on the offensive side. It's funny you mention that Alipate might be interested in St Thomas, as I'd heard the same thing about Redmond.

Maybe Norberg or Reyes is the latest commit, as they have both visited in December? Also curious as to why Bobbit is no longer an option - I don't believe he's given a verbal unless you think UND has backed off or he has stated he's not interested in UND.

What about Grande as a pwo wr? Or Moore at wr? Opara as a cb?

I've heard a lot of good things about Grande. I really don't know much about Moore or Opara, which is surprising being down in the metro. Maybe I need to go look at them a little more.

And I'm by no means a very good talent evaluator :). I could be completely wrong in my assessment.

Surprises me about Tusler, and the fact that you believe there is another NG commit out there. Unless Brandon Miller or Garrett Cary are planning on being on the offensive side. It's funny you mention that Alipate might be interested in St Thomas, as I'd heard the same thing about Redmond.

Maybe Norberg or Reyes is the latest commit, as they have both visited in December? Also curious as to why Bobbit is no longer an option - I don't believe he's given a verbal unless you think UND has backed off or he has stated he's not interested in UND.

Tusler should have way more offers and options with those numbers and accolades. Something is up there. Hadn't heard that about Redmond, but you might be right. Norberg and/or Reyes would be huge gets. Reyes is the best safety on the board remaining, IMO. I'm not sure there was ever a mutual interest for Bobbit. I dont think he ever visited campus? Again, I could be wrong. I actually thought his teammate was better at safety - Kuksa?

Miller is OL, Cary is DL I believe.

Tusler should have way more offers and options with those numbers and accolades. Something is up there. Hadn't heard that about Redmond, but you might be right. Norberg and/or Reyes would be huge gets. Reyes is the best safety on the board remaining, IMO. I'm not sure there was ever a mutual interest for Bobbit. I dont think he ever visited campus? Again, I could be wrong. I actually thought his teammate was better at safety - Kuksa?

Miller is OL, Cary is DL I believe.

I coached against Tusler in basketball when he was younger and saw him play basketball again this year. Not my favorite opponent but certainly has a football attitude that he brings to the basketball court.

I haven't heard anything lately on Mike Redmond. I know his family a little and know he was considering St. Thomas.

Rashadeem Gray looks like a decent RB prospect as far as game speed goes, he has a nice stride. Maybe he could play DB? He's a little small for what we should be looking for in a RB.

Sam Riddle looks like a nice dual threat QB. Great dynamic moves in the open field and a decent throwing motion with really nice arm strength. Terrible footwork and fundamentals that Breitbach could iron out but loads of physical gifts.

Tyler Rogers (if I looked at the right one (Peoria AZ)) is a very good athlete and pretty highly rated. I hate his throwing motion. Its wayyyy too deliberate and forced. He doesn't flick the ball he pushes it. I'd much rather get Riddle even though he's not as highly rated.

Ran into something interesting on twitter. A gentleman whose name appears to be JJ McElroy (I can't find anything online) has a photo with the UND logo and says he's going to be playing football there. Anyone know anything about him?

EDIT: Looks like he's enrolling for Spring so maybe a JUCO?

Apparently Kubic has told SU last summer that he wants to be a Bison - not sure if that is still the case!

I think that has been the direction he has been leaning for a while but "I have heard" he is more seriously considering UND. FU has recently offered, something they were pretty open about not doing early in the process. If they would have offered 6 months ago, it would have been a done deal, not necessarily the case now, but UND hasn't offered yet either. The UND coaches have been very upfront with him and he has been very impressed with that.

Ran into something interesting on twitter. A gentleman whose name appears to be JJ McElroy (I can't find anything online) has a photo with the UND logo and says he's going to be playing football there. Anyone know anything about him?

Sounds like JJ Robertson - but this was McElroy? Having another "JJ" would be quite a coincidence!

I heard something along same lines, I think its Jake McElroy. Played at Valley City State but was trying to transfer to UND. Not sure it worked out.

Side note: what is with all the NAIA and D2 players around the area transferring to UND and NDSU, etc. Basically transferring UP a level. Very strange.