SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

I loved it when Rocky blamed UND's success and the fall of the Bison empire on scholarship reduction. Yep, it had nothing to do with UND bringing in a good DC and quality players.

And a good coach. #thomas #lennon

Nothing wrong with opposing message boards. I'd rather come here than go on AGS. Except for the teams we root for we are all similar folks I would gather who would have a great time in a parking lot with a cooler together. Personally, I rarely puff the NDSU chest or rip UND when I'm here. That being said, If something off base is going to be thrown up on the wall I'm not going to be afraid to defend it. So...

Bison fans are fairly split on Adams, not "chasing their tails like they've already lost them to us," as mentioned previously. In the end, it's a matter of resources - scholarships - versus need. Pipeline is thin at LB and CB for certain, good grief Esley Thornton is in the 2 deep at LB and he was backup QB going into camp and 2 LBs just transferred. OL is amongst the least of their future worries. So, that can be seen of as an "excuse", or it can be seen of as "reality" depending on who you root for I guess.

In the end, he hasn't committed anywhere yet. And wherever is the best fit for him, as I said earlier...good luck to him, I will always pull for the local kids. I don't have the hatred for UND that most do and yes, I do enjoy following NDSU and the rest of FCS football throroughly.

Have a happy holidays around these parts and best wishes on the recruiting trail.

• Upvote 3

Nothing wrong with opposing message boards. I'd rather come here than go on AGS. Except for the teams we root for we are all similar folks I would gather who would have a great time in a parking lot with a cooler together. Personally, I rarely puff the NDSU chest or rip UND when I'm here. That being said, If something off base is going to be thrown up on the wall I'm not going to be afraid to defend it. So...

Bison fans are fairly split on Adams, not "chasing their tails like they've already lost them to us," as mentioned previously. In the end, it's a matter of resources - scholarships - versus need. Pipeline is thin at LB and CB for certain, good grief Esley Thornton is in the 2 deep at LB and he was backup QB going into camp and 2 LBs just transferred. OL is amongst the least of their future worries. So, that can be seen of as an "excuse", or it can be seen of as "reality" depending on who you root for I guess.

In the end, he hasn't committed anywhere yet. And wherever is the best fit for him, as I said earlier...good luck to him, I will always pull for the local kids. I don't have the hatred for UND that most do and yes, I do enjoy following NDSU and the rest of FCS football throroughly.

Have a happy holidays around these parts and best wishes on the recruiting trail.

That was one of the best posts I have seen an NDSU fan post on here for quite a while. I understand if NDSU has no room due to scholarships or depth chart problems, but then some fans bashing him if he goes to UND. Its all about the hatred rival that will never die. We are going on year number 10 of not playing each other and the fire between both fanbases are still there. Johnny Five I wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and good luck cheering for your team in Frisco.

Thanks, Johnny Five. The same to you.

I imagine its because ss.com posters and/or SFI have not yet done all his work for him.

You guys are brutal. :p For what he's getting paid, he's producing way more than he should be. Herald's lucky to have him. Schloss goes way way way way above and beyond for us, too.

And yet we're playing for the NC! Something you guys might never do once let alone back to back. Once UM gets back on track get use to being .500 in the BSC.

You should know that I (and others here) are going to remember all the arrogant and pompus comments made by NDSU and their media mouthpiece (KFGO). And when the shoe is on the other foot in the future (it's only a matter of time), we will not hesitate to use it against you and the rest of Bison Nation. And don't think I won't remember all this crap......I have a very good long-term memory, as do a lot of other people on ss.com.

Now, please go back to Bisonville and talk about that hypothetical match-up with Alabama and how you all "believe in miracles". :silly:

• Upvote 1

You should know that I (and others here) are going to remember all the arrogant and pompus comments made by NDSU and their media mouthpiece (KFGO). And when the shoe is on the other foot in the future (it's only a matter of time), we will not hesitate to use it against you and the rest of Bison Nation. And don't think I won't remember all this crap......I have a very good long-term memory, as do a lot of other people on ss.com.

Now, please go back to Bisonville and talk about that hypothetical match-up with Alabama and how you all "believe in miracles". :silly:

Until Notre Dame beats Bama then its ButtIrish.

• Upvote 1

I'm guessing any early commitments aren't solid until the papers are signed. A kid that committed in October could get a phone call the night before signing day and get an offer from a larger school and you can't fault them if they take it. From everything I have read about him though I will be absolutely thrilled when he signs here and it sounds like he is a very solid olineman.

New commitment- Garret Cary- DT from Walworth, WI (offer from Illinios St.)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Garett-Cary-133726;_ylt=AtnmXhUgHWRC0xIHkhMmOCdIPZB4

Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/397000/#highlights/25621376

Looks like a real solid wrestler, which has translated well in the past. Welcome to UND.

I was hoping Santa would deliver a commintment this Christmas

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/news/article/7689312529072039661/all-state-football-thomas-tyner-connor-strahm-are-6a-players-of-the-year/

Sheldon senior safety Connor Strahm was voted as the Class 6A defensive player of the year. The 6-1, 210-pound Strahm, who also made the first team on offense at tight end, was the catalyst for a defense that held opponents to 13.4 points per game.

“He shines on offense, but to people that really understand football, he was just as valuable to us on defense,” Sheldon coach Lane Johnson said. “We use him at a lot of different spots on offense, and we do the same on defense. We try to get him in position to make plays, and he made a whole bunch of them.”

Strahm had two pivotal interceptions in Sheldon’s 13-6 win over Lake Oswego in the state final. He made a diving grab in the end zone to foil one threat and returned an interception 44 yards to set up a field goal.

Strahm has scholarship offers from Portland State, Montana and North Dakota but has not decided on a college.

We wanted him last year but have since gotten players who are as good and Adams is already a year behind the learning curve. Not denying we didn't want him but we moved on and filled our roster with great players on the oline. We dont have scholarships left with 13 verbals and 6 seniors, offering a full ride doesn't even seem realistic. Hope we get him but its a numbers game. Too many olineman and if we offer a full ride well likely lose a player of need. Cant get everyone. Sounds like you guys want Bison fans to bow down to you. I guess you need another moral victory

How worried should we be about Dan Bell actually signing with us?

I would love for him to sign with UND, but he is about as soft of a verbal as you can get. I haven't heard any updates on him for a while (any help on this on Travis?), not sure if that's good or bad, and I guess anything could happen. I would say it's probably 50/50 whether or not he makes it to UND.