SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Harvard

AZSIOUX

so here's my question-what the heck was knight doing back in the lineup if he was only good for what four shifts. obviously whatever injury he has was healed yet to the point where he could go a full game.

Knight practiced all week long and was fine, he got injuried on a hit from a Harvard player.

Anyone think Hak would give up this month's salary to not have let Cichy and Bruno walk after last season based on the current situation. Those two leaving still is troubling IMO. Both would have been decent contributors this year IMO.

Anyone think Hak would give up this month's salary to not have let Cichy and Bruno walk after last season based on the current situation. Those two leaving still is troubling IMO. Both would have been decent contributors this year IMO.

He's probably fine with his decision. If there weren't so many injuries those 2 would never play. Sometimes the injury bug bites teams and there's not a whole lot you can do. Minnesota's been bitten the last few years, granted not near as bad as UND has been this season, but they've had some pretty big ones.

He's probably fine with his decision. If there weren't so many injuries those 2 would never play. Sometimes the injury bug bites teams and there's not a whole lot you can do. Minnesota's been bitten the last few years, granted not near as bad as UND has been this season, but they've had some pretty big ones.

Seriously??? Other than Parks and Rocco, they probably would have had spots in front of the rest of the freshman and Dickin. Kind of a mute point, but look at the names of our 4th line last pm? Put in Rocco, Mario and you still have Cichy playing for sure in place of those 3 guys. Bruno would have pushed Gaarder and MacMillan for sure for ice time.

Seriously??? Other than Parks and Rocco, they probably would have had spots in front of the rest of the freshman and Dickin. Kind of a mute point, but look at the names of our 4th line last pm? Put in Rocco, Mario and you still have Cichy playing for sure in place of those 3 guys. Bruno would have pushed Gaarder and MacMillan for sure for ice time.

Ehh, i'm not too sure about that. I saw Bruno play when Vermont was in Minneapolis this year and he didn't stand out at all, even on a team as bad as Vermont. He's only got 8 points this season. His younger brother is a D man and has more. He could have competed for ice time on the lower lines with UND this year and been another body on the roster, but I think that's about it.

I believe he's second line at Vermont, I'd have to imagine if he did play at UND he would be a 4th liner.

Out of curiosity, where would you rank Cichy and Bruneteau in the lineup if we had St. Clair and Miller like the coaches had expected?

Honestly, there wasn't much out there for the coaches to pick from in such short notice. There were a handful of unexpected circumstances leading into this season and they did the best they could to fill spots.

Out of curiosity, where would you rank Cichy and Bruneteau in the lineup if we had St. Clair and Miller like the coaches had expected?

Honestly, there wasn't much out there for the coaches to pick from in such short notice. There were a handful of unexpected circumstances leading into this season and they did the best they could to fill spots.

Miller, Cichy, St. Clair and Bruno. St. Clair was/is way over-hyped IMO having seen him play few times with Force.

UND’s lines

29 Brock Nelson–27 Carter Rowney–7 Danny Kristo

16 Mark MacMillan–21 Brendan O’Donnell–13 Connor Gaarder

15 Michael Parks–28 Stephane Pattyn–20 Joe Gleason

8 Dan Senkbeil–14 Taylor Dickin

2 Andrew MacWilliam–5 Nick Mattson

18 Dillon Simpson–24 Ben Blood

22 Andrew Panzarella

32 Aaron Dell

31 Brad Eidsness

35 Tate Maris

That's going to be one tired group of players after tonight. Geez, the Sioux really can't catch a break with injuries this year.

Can Tate play out?

• Upvote 1

That's going to be one tired group of players after tonight. Geez, the Sioux really can't catch a break with injuries this year.

Can Tate play out?

I thought the same thing Brian. Throw him out on a wing with Nelson and Kristo, they'll make anyone look good.

You've got to believe Lamoureax is doing his absolute best to try and get himself into the lineup, but the coaches aren't going to risk it for the stretch run in the league. I remember a couple years ago some gopher fans on USCHO were railing on UND and Blais for having so many players on the team, and having so many guys having to sit out because you can only dress 20 for a game.....doesn't seem like such a bad thing to have those extra bodies around....

Granted injuries aside... how can our cupboard be this empty?

Two guys leave during the offseason partly because of playing time concerns...one highly touted recruit doesn't arrive on campus...another recruit gets sidelined for the year by the NCAA...the best incoming freshman in the nation has been out for almost the entire season...Knight is injured...Captain Lammy is injured...Rodwell is injured...Forbort is at the WJC (and injured)...

I think that pretty much sums it up for the current status of the team and their "empty cupboard". There's not much in there that the coaching staff could have prepared for...even if they were prepared for Cichy and Bruno's departures, they were still expecting Miller and St. Clair to be playing right now. Toss in five current injured players and I think that explains the situation.