SiouxSports.com Forum

Kelley / SBoHE Deceived the Legislature and ND People

star2city

What a completely insignificant and irrelevant piece of information. Where a person went to school has nothing to do with what sports teams they cheer for. Thank you for making such an ignorant post. :glare:

It has to do with whether or not you care about UND as an educational institution, the State of ND, etc. I could care less if you like my post or not. IMHO you not ever being a UND alumnus shows that the depth of your concern is not for the institution as a whole,but rather soley the athletic program.

It has to do with whether or not you care about UND as an educational institution, the State of ND, etc. I could care less if you like my post or not. IMHO you not ever being a UND alumnus shows that the depth of your concern is not for the institution as a whole,but rather soley the athletic program.

Just to clarify something. Because someone is not an alumn doesn't mean they can't fight for something they believe. I am not an alumn, I love the Sioux name/logo however I can see why its in the best interest of the athletic department to drop the name and logo. If there was some way the NCAA would change their mind I would say fight, sign the petitions, but the NCAA didn't care about our state law they only care about THEIR policies and THEIR rules. We had to have 2 tribal approvals by November 30, 2010...we didn't so its time to retire the name, move on and take care of business in the Big Sky, and the NCHC.

Whoever wrote that has no credability and needs to get their facts straight. Apparently Legit has never heard of EWU. And the fact they are claiming fb attendance will go down once UND joins the BSC shows they really don't know much about UND athletics.

I still haven't been able to figure out if it is Dave or Lakes who writes that sad blog.

Read the 1st comment :

Scare tactics is all this is. As a UND student-athlete, I hope and pray that these petitions get enough signatures to completely mess EVERYTHING up. It will be a disaster, and something big will change. UND doesn't need to be in the Big Sky. If we are going to move forward, we should at the very least go to the Summit League/Missouri Valley where USD, NDSU, and SDSU are. How stupid. My teammates always get on my case because of my ideas. They say we need to get rid of the nickname so we can get into better tournaments against better teams and so we can get better recruits. Frankly, I don't give a rip about good tournaments or better recruits. We did just fine for 80 years with the nickname, it's not the end of the world as we know it just because a few babied, scholarship-covered kids from California won't come up and play. Good. It gives more of an opportunity for NORTH DAKOTA people to participate in athletics at the University of NORTH DAKOTA. Don't give me crap about how the Indians don't want the nickname, they do. Don't kid yourself. This whole process is crap. I'm not even allowed to bring a water bottle with a Sioux logo on it on the bus to our tournaments. A WATER BOTTLE. If somebody got offended by my water bottle, I would laugh at them. What should be offensive is that we have a bunch of PC morons dumping 80 years of tradition down the toliet. I'm sick of it. Sign the petitions people!

A UND student-athlete can get behind this effort, but not some of you alleged fans. Your really should be ashamed of yourselves, being so willing to roll over and be submissive. Grow a pair!!!

Don't believe everything you read on a blog, especially that one. People troll and sock puppet on there all the time. Plus, if he/she is a UND athlete, I feel sorry for him/her on their lack of knowledge on how conference invites and membership works.

Read the 1st comment :

Scare tactics is all this is. As a UND student-athlete, I hope and pray that these petitions get enough signatures to completely mess EVERYTHING up. It will be a disaster, and something big will change. UND doesn't need to be in the Big Sky. If we are going to move forward, we should at the very least go to the Summit League/Missouri Valley where USD, NDSU, and SDSU are. How stupid. My teammates always get on my case because of my ideas. They say we need to get rid of the nickname so we can get into better tournaments against better teams and so we can get better recruits. Frankly, I don't give a rip about good tournaments or better recruits. We did just fine for 80 years with the nickname, it's not the end of the world as we know it just because a few babied, scholarship-covered kids from California won't come up and play. Good. It gives more of an opportunity for NORTH DAKOTA people to participate in athletics at the University of NORTH DAKOTA. Don't give me crap about how the Indians don't want the nickname, they do. Don't kid yourself. This whole process is crap. I'm not even allowed to bring a water bottle with a Sioux logo on it on the bus to our tournaments. A WATER BOTTLE. If somebody got offended by my water bottle, I would laugh at them. What should be offensive is that we have a bunch of PC morons dumping 80 years of tradition down the toliet. I'm sick of it. Sign the petitions people!

A UND student-athlete can get behind this effort, but not some of you alleged fans. Your really should be ashamed of yourselves, being so willing to roll over and be submissive. Grow a pair!!!

That person thinks that UND should join the Summit and MVFC. Unfortunately, there is no way that UND was going to be invited to the MVFC. USD wouldn't have gotten an invite to the MVFC if it had to include UND. So the person obviously doesn't understand how things work in college athletics. And if they are ready to be an independent rather than be in the Big Sky Conference they have shown their total lack of knowledge about the situation.

Also, did you notice where the person suggested that the rest of their teammates disagree with him/her and believe that it is time to get rid of the nickname. You believe that the one person that agrees with you is right while everyone else on the team is wrong?

• Upvote 3

Read the 1st comment :

This sounds like Tom Douple making another last-ditch effort to get us to join his merry band of sub-par institutions. Maybe Douple is the one ghostwriting the blog?!?! :silly:

No student-athlete in their right mind would claim that they don't care about the health and well-being of the very program that they are a part of! This is a big, fat, steaming load of crap!!! Believe it if you wish, but that is what it is! :angry:

Like Frank Black Cloud said on his Facebook page yesterday, "If you don't have anything to stand up and fight for, what is your life really about?" He is a true Fighting Sioux hero. Those of you who would rather be submissive, not so much.

Your posts are like a car wreck. You don't want to look, but you can't help but take a quick look to see the wreckage.

You are the guy I would want on my side if I was going into battle, over a t-shirt.

Read the 1st comment :

Its funny, I don't see a Legit Slater on any of our rosters of our athletic teams. This person believes so strongly about this he/she is willing to write their beliefs under a false name. Must beleive in this pretty stongly. And than you expect me to believe he/she is an athlete?

Reality check:

What does the Say Anything Blog normally rant and rail about? Spending by ND government.

What is one of their biggest targets in the ND budget normally? Spending on ND University System schools.

Folks, the SAB is going after this issue (a possible wedge for them to get into the door) to try to continue their attack on the ND University System. This is little different from Al Carlson's legislative attempt to undermine the NDUS with an (ill-advised) piece of legislation. Once you realize SAB's true history and normal motives (follow the money), it all becomes clear.

PS - If you believe a UND student athlete wrote that ... well, as someone once said "anyone cay say (claim) anything". My proof that the "student-athlete" is a poseur? Easy: "I don't give a rip about good tournaments or better recruits." Seriously? What athlete doesn't care about winning against good teams on good teams. That tripe was written by a poseur looking to undermine North Dakota Athletics.

• Upvote 1