SiouxSports.com Forum

The "new" jerseys...

SOL

“For example, the new uniforms for the UND men’s hockey team won’t be available until late February,” he wrote. “As a result, the men’s hockey team will finish the rest of the regular season in their current uniforms."

--from President Kelley's memorandum

I guess that answers that question for us.

I think it would be cool if we did something like what Canada Hockey did to their Maple Leaf...but we'd do the same to our "ND" logo.

team-canada-hockey-2010-logo.png

I couldn't disagree more. This logo is waaay too busy.

I also hate the way Canada touts its success by putting the border around their logo based on the last medal performance in international competition. I'm not bitter at all about Crosby's goal at the Olympics, am I? I guess if that logo were surrounded by silver, I'd probably like it.

Which of the symbols are you referring to?

And yes, the women's team will sport a new home white jersey in the coming weeks, made by Gemini just like their current jerseys. They will keep their current green jerseys and ditch the black jerseys for the remainder of the year.

You need to learn some of the history of the double-headed eagle. Your perspective is a couple thousand years too short.

http://en.wikipedia....le-headed_eagle

Here is what I was referring to.

I also know that the Nazi symbol, swaztica (spelling?) was a holy symbol before they used it, and the upside down star in a circle which supposedly is the sign of the devil is also a holy symbol, before Motley Crue used it, lol.

I don't need a history lesson, just thought these symbols would cause a bad reaction, that's it.

You know it will be a cold day in hell when I figure out how to put pictures on this website. I do this on several other blog sites, but not this one I guess????

So no photo, sorry. It was a picture from Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark..

Here is what I was referring to.

I also know that the Nazi symbol, swaztica (spelling?) was a holy symbol before they used it, and the upside down star in a circle which supposedly is the sign of the devil is also a holy symbol, before Motley Crue used it, lol.

I don't need a history lesson, just thought these symbols would cause a bad reaction, that's it.

You know it will be a cold day in hell when I figure out how to put pictures on this website. I do this on several other blog sites, but not this one I guess? ???

So no photo, sorry. It was a picture from Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark..

You don't have to put the same symbols in an ND version. Just the idea of putting subtle symbols in the logo was the idea.