SiouxSports.com Forum

Schultz done announcing Sioux after season

CoteauRinkRat

My vote is someone who has a clue? I don't know... If PCM's voice was only suited for something better than web articles :)

Not to mention the fact that I can't talk or think fast enough to do what Ed does. :)

Rumor has it that the Sicatoka is available and interested in the job. ;)

I love listening to Ed on the radio. I think he makes listening to the games so much better.

I can't deny that Schultz adds excitement to the broadcasts and can be very entertaining. However, if you've ever watched a Sioux game on TV while listening to him on the radio, it's easy to see how much he misses and how much he gets wrong.

But I could live with those mistakes. It's Ed's short fuse and his unprofessional behavior that bother me the most. I just don't like someone like him represesenting UND.

.... short fuse ....

.... unprofessional behavior ....

I just don't like someone like him represesenting UND.

And yet you'd still mention me for the job? ;):)

PS - I am available and do have my FCC Third Class Radiotelephone Operator Permit. Plus, I'd do hockey color commentary for free! :)

And yet you'd still mention me for the job? ;):)

That's right, I mentioned you. It wasn't a recommendation. ;):)

I am available and do have my FCC Third Class Radiotelephone Operator Permit.

Radiotelephone? I still have my Linotype Certificate of Proficiency, but you don't see me bragging about it. ;)

It's Ed's short fuse and his unprofessional behavior that bother me the most. I just don't like someone like him represesenting UND.

Like when he called Dean Blais "bush league". I really cannot believe he got away with that one... he's lucky he never ran into Deano in a dark alley, and he's really lucky that he didn't run into Deano in a dark alley being accompanied by Mr. Jim Archibald... :)

Ed does make things exciting, but sometimes I get confused. He'll get overly excited when the other team does something great and I'll be thinking that the Sioux did something great. Plus, he always has to refer to his partners on stats and things. I can't even remember how many questions he asked Stein (is that right?) about Winona that even I knew the answer. He doesn't do his homework very well.

I'll miss Ed's football commentary, but I won't miss the pompous @ss of a person that he is. :)

I could do UND football games though. Give me a mic and I would go on and on about roosters in the barn, and going to the well one to many times. I hope they find a good guy to replace him.

I heard Schultz is going to become the Color Man on Radiotelephone broadcasts of Fighting Sioux hockey.

Ga-a-a-a-a-a-a!

(insert sound of accelerating footsteps toward a window then someone crashing through it and down multiple stories to their death here)

Forgive me if FCC Chairman Powell (as in Sec. of State Colin Powell's son) and his organization still refer to commercial AM and FM broadcasting stations as "radiotelephone" operations. I didn't make the rules. I just played the game.

Did anyone hear the liberal radio head guy speak on CNN last night? I believe it was Paula Zahn's (sp) show. I caught the end of it and they were talking about how they had bought some stations and were gearing to go national with some "entertaining" but "not well known" names. Just wondering if/what he said about Shultz.

You can bet I won't be listening. :)