SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux invade Mary-ucci arena.

Goon

I know the focus is on 2011-2012 and I'm ready for the puck to drop but I have a question about 2012-2013: This article mentions that next year they Sioux go to Mariucci for one last series. Is it true that Minnesota won't be coming to Grand Forks in 2012/2013?

considering I live in Grand Forks I see every sioux home game lol. I got suite tickets to any game and every game I want to go to. And I don't recall Cepis doing that but if I saw proof I'd agree with you that it's cheap

These screenshots show Cepis using his stick to choke MacWilliam.

i-tf86cVn-L.png

i-VcmSkJN-L.png

i-KqwxSK8-L.png

• Upvote 1

I love the arguments of who takes the cheapest shots. Recently, UND has been more physical, so they've dished out more abuse (fair and cheap), but I don;t blame them. The Gophers don;t try to play a more noble style. We'll take our shots when we get the chance. This is a heated rivalry.

• Upvote 1

Maybe MacWilliam had an itch in a tough spot to reach and Cepis was just helping him out? It's possible. :) But I certainly dont think those pics show Cepis choking him.

Of course not...there's far too many opposing players nearby for Cepis to try anything like that. :huh:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/133207458.html

My goodness why is everyone that ever plays us such drama queens. Bjugstad "he was choking me" Waaah. Honestly, grow a pair if you're going to play in the big boy game consider this-- no one is innocent in a rivalry.

Not really the context:

In his first game ever against North Dakota last January in Grand Forks, then-freshman Nick Bjugstad of the Gophers found himself underneath senior Brad Malone at the end of the second period. He was being choked by the Sioux player. "I really didn't expect that," Bjugstad said. "I wasn't really ready for it."

I think saying the intesity was suprising isn't the same as whining. Even Bombardir on KFAN today was asked about his most memorable UND game and he said it was his first game at Mariucci. Why? Because the fans were on him the second the team began leaving the locker room and they were saying things and, "they didn't even know me". He wasn't whining and it was actually a pretty funny anecdote. But the fact is he was surprised by the intensity and I have to imagine until you find yourself in that situation that it's not that uncommon. But I guess some fans will look to anything.

In practice Grimaldi and Nelson were together on a line and Kristo and Knight were still together, with Grimaldi out will Nelson move back up with Knight and Kristo?

Doesn't look like it:

16 Mark MacMillan–10 Corban Knight–7 Danny Kristo

9 Mario Lamoureux–27 Carter Rowney–11 Derek Rodwell

14 Taylor Dickin–29 Brock Nelson–15 Michael Parks

8 Dan Senkbeil–28 Stephane Pattyn–20 Joe Gleason

4 Derek Forbort–24 Ben Blood

2 Andrew MacWilliam–5 Nick Mattson

18 Dillon Simpson–22 Andrew Panzarella

32 Aaron Dell

31 Brad Eidsness

Crap, Grimaldi can't catch a break here. I wonder if it's the same injury or a different one? Maybe he needs to chill out in practice... ;)