SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

Just curious why they wouldn't be able to do that while staying in the Southland? I was quite surprised to see them come back to the summit and it is a good thing for the conference, shores up their problems. I do find it amusing that the FU faithful are gloating that the ORU coming back proves that Douple had a plan for the Summit all along.

Oral Bob board is talking they need to be in the Slummit to get a MVC bid. The MVC wants a Midwest school in a Midwest conference for their next pick.

By joining the Slummit, they can replace Mo St so Wichita State it not an island.

ORU did not like the Southland because it was not paired with Texas-Arlington anymore. The divisions included them with La and Ark schools, which didn't do them any favors.

For one thing Omaha doesn't count until they are full DI members, second the only way UND even thinks of joining is if they get a deal like USD got (MVFC/SL package), anything short of that (just non-football members of the SL) and I don't see them thinking of moving. Just geographically UND makes sense BUT Douple f*d up that road by brining UND's nickname (which was about to end anyways) into the mix. Douple dropped the ball, don't blame UND.

Ya know, Darrell, you make a lot of sense/good points in this point. Not so sure about the Douple thing, but otherwise u are spot on. I think both UND and NDSU would be stronger across the board if they were together, not to mention the rivalry Phoenix!!

Oral Bob board is talking they need to be in the Slummit to get a MVC bid. The MVC wants a Midwest school in a Midwest conference for their next pick.

By joining the Slummit, they can replace Mo St so Wichita State it not an island.

ORU did not like the Southland because it was not paired with Texas-Arlington anymore. The divisions included them with La and Ark schools, which didn't do them any favors.

You have a link to that thread? I ask because the only thread i saw over there doesn't have any of the things you're saying. Of course you could be full of it........

You have a link to that thread? I ask because the only thread i saw over there doesn't have any of the things you're saying. Of course you could be full of it........

could be full of it? he grabbed comments from a few fans (fans, not school officials) on their board who would have preferred to be in the MVC over the SL. but this is just another step in his routine: digging up crap, throwing it at the wall, hoping it sticks, then vigorously patting himself on the back when something does stick

Yep, "niche" sport that competes against other like-minded institutions like the "University of Michigan Wolverines, Michigan State University Spartans, Penn State University Nittany Lions, University of Wisconsin Badgers, Harvard University Crimson, Boston College Eagles, Boston University Terriers, University of Notre Dame Fighting Irish, University of Minnesota Gophers, Air Force Academy Falcons" for a natioanal chapionship.

Fixed your post. :)

Over on the Jack board, they are saying that 4 teams are just begging to get in the Summit. One of them UND. Guess were going to drop football. The other teams are Eastern Illinois (they have an exit fee of nearly $1 from the OVC), NMSU (they are talking adding men's soccer to help the WAC), ORU (exit fees and they are happy to get out of the Summit), UALR (old rumor when the Summit still had Centenery and ORU and UMKC). The four teams are almost certainly DII teams (like Lindenwood, S Ind, maybe Bellarmine) that won't help their baseball situation for years. The Summit is a bottom feeding league so getting a Horizon team is just absurd. Oakland left for their.

For todays chuckle: http://sdsufans.com/...Wednesday/page2 Jack fans are the most clueless in the NCAA about realignment. Somehow Sioux Falls is attractive to teams. :lol:

It is so much fun reading Rob's crap on this board and elsewhere. Has he ever been right about anything as it relates to realignment? But hey, us Jacks fans are the "most" clueless in the NCAA about realignment. Funny, I guess that's the reason he posts under so many different monikers (SiouxVolley, Star2City, SiouxFan) on so many different sites. He is always easy to spot. He's the one pretending to have knowledge who is always wrong.

F

It is so much fun reading Rob's crap on this board and elsewhere. Has he ever been right about anything as it relates to realignment? But hey, us Jacks fans are the "most" clueless in the NCAA about realignment. Funny, I guess that's the reason he posts under so many different monikers (SiouxVolley, Star2City, SiouxFan) on so many different sites. He is always easy to spot. He's the one pretending to have knowledge who is always wrong.

For a Jack fan, you must be the most clueless of the cluesless for calling me Rob. I don't live in Minot and have never met the man! Your cluelessness is only made worse be reading the maniacal bisonville board.

Strange how its ok for the Jacks to aspire to the MVC, but when ORU does aspirations, that so non-sensical. ORU was a finalist last year, while SDSU didn't even gat a courtesy call. ORU will be in the MVC decades before SDSU.

Thanks for fixing. Should have kept going and added "competes for a national championship that nobdy cares about outside of canada" :)

Please add your list of like-minded schools that were competing for your last two national championships.