SiouxSports.com Forum

Dale Lennon, UND, and Big Sky

Matt

If Dale would have been told back then that the program would in fact be going D1, and into the Big Sky, who thinks he would have left? Just a thought.

Dale left after the announcement that we were moving to Division I, but into the Big Sky is a maybe thought....I still think he would have left though. Just with everything else that was going on in the Athletic Dept at the time and in his career and life.

If Dale would have been told back then that the program would in fact be going D1, and into the Big Sky, who thinks he would have left? Just a thought.

I've often thought this as well. But you can't blame the guy for not wanting to sit through however many years of reclassification and probation...etc. I still think that you could see him back in Grand Forks at some point in time. He's done well at Southern Illinois, but if the opportunity comes up for him to come back to his home state, it wouldn't surprise me to see him come back with his coaching staff. Bubba back at d-coordinator...love it. :lol:

Dale's issues were more with the Leadership in Athletic Administration at the time then the positioning or classification of the Fighting Sioux........

At the time he got the offer anyoneof us would have taken the opportunity. He had the right gameplan today (again) his palyers just didn't execute.

Dale Lennon is a mediocre FCS coach. Get over the infatuation, please.

Im not agreeing or disagreeing, but at the very least, he needs some time. Bill Belichick was once believed to be an NFL coaching failure after a stint in Cleveland.

side note: i truley think that lennon is use to coaching rough, tuff north dakotans who have a work ethic like no other and play above their potential. Instead he has a bunch of midwesterns who like to dance, dance and run out of bounce in stead of getting hit. dale blew his chancehere of coaching the sioux unless if mussmanleaves for bigger and betterthings which i dont see happening. tuff !@#$ to lennon

I've mentioned this before, but it's so bizarre that it may bear repeating--according to the OPE web site, SIU spends just over $3.2 million annually on its football program. It generates just over $1 million annually in revenue. How can a school justify losing $2.2 million per year on one sport? Where is that money coming from?

I've mentioned this before, but it's so bizarre that it may bear repeating--according to the OPE web site, SIU spends just over $3.2 million annually on its football program. It generates just over $1 million annually in revenue. How can a school justify losing $2.2 million per year on one sport? Where is that money coming from?

SIU is a BB school just like you guys are a hockey school - Do you actually believe that hockey doesn't pay all the bills at UND?

SIU is a BB school just like you guys are a hockey school - Do you actually believe that hockey doesn't pay all the bills at UND?

Last time I checked, SIU isn't doing so well in basketball, and they only average a little over 4000 per game. It's not like they're Butler or something in terms of NCAA tournament money. Unless simply being in the MVC for basketball is so lucrative that it allows its member schools to grossly overspend on football, it makes no sense to me.

Last time I checked, SIU isn't doing so well in basketball, and they only average a little over 4000 per game. It's not like they're Butler or something in terms of NCAA tournament money. Unless simply being in the MVC for basketball is so lucrative that it allows its member schools to grossly overspend on football, it makes no sense to me.

BB is where they get there big donations and high priced seats.

Upon further review, it would appear that SIU's big annual loss on football is apparently mostly due to how revenues are allocated within the athletic department, since UND supposedly has a similar football budget, but roughly three times the reported revenue compared to SIU despite lower attendance. In other words, disregard my previous posts on this topic.

i bet if dale had a choice at this day, this time, of either coaching the salukis or the sioux.... i think we all know what he would pick.

Probably SIU. He has a nice new outdoor stadium down there, he doesn't have to listen to people talk about hockey, he doesn't have to worry about nickname drama, and at UND coaches don't even know (officially) if they are going to get in to the Big Sky.

Probably SIU. He has a nice new outdoor stadium down there, he doesn't have to listen to people talk about hockey, he doesn't have to worry about nickname drama, and at UND coaches don't even know (officially) if they are going to get in to the Big Sky.

Officially? The league released the (official) conference schedules already, which included UND. They are "officially" in the league on those dates, until the league "officially" kicks them out, not the other way around.

It's a nice thought, but in some cases "you can't go home". This is one of those cases I believe. There are many many reasons why Lennon would not or could not return to UND. Maybe Dale would be hired at the very end of his career, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

Officially? The league released the (official) conference schedules already, which included UND. They are "officially" in the league on those dates, until the league "officially" kicks them out, not the other way around.

Matt, don't go throwing facts at Johnny. Its a little over his head.

Coach Lennon and much of his coaching staff at SIU did a lot for UND but he made his decision and moved on. I wish him well but like Herd said he isn't coming back. The kids on this team play for the current coaching staff and the team is having a great year. I really don't know why threads like this are warrented.

• Upvote 1

If they dont get the nickname stuff completely settled.....they are gone. You know that.