SiouxSports.com Forum

2011-2012 Road Trips

remington_270

Who''s ready for the road trip! I can't wait, first time hitting the road and i just finished putting the final touches on the jersey for the game.

I took my replica 1982 sioux jersey and added the 22 and C patch to create the perfect Eades jerse, kinda thinking I might not make too many friends in Madison but it will be a great time!

If your going or see me there say hey!

IMG_1261-1.jpg

IMG_1262-1.jpg

Who''s ready for the road trip! I can't wait, first time hitting the road and i just finished putting the final touches on the jersey for the game.

I took my replica 1982 sioux jersey and added the 22 and C patch to create the perfect Eades jerse, kinda thinking I might not make too many friends in Madison but it will be a great time!

IMG_1261-1.jpg

IMG_1262-1.jpg

Eades is a goon! :)

That is a sweet jersey, nice job!

IMG_1261-1.jpg

IMG_1262-1.jpg

Via Xcel Energy Center on twitter:

I know it's VERY early, but I thought I would post this for anyone who plans to attend the West Regional regardless of the teams there

Xcel Energy Center presale TODAY from 10:00 am - 10:00 pm

Presale Code: WILD

Packages: $94 each

I gave it a try to see what would come up and I was able to pull two tickets behind the bench, row 22.

If you go on any roadtrip this year, may I suggest Duluth. Great town to visit, new arena which is right downtown with tons of stuff to do before and after the game. Plus we got a chance to put the hurt on the defending champs!! There are usually tons of Sioux fans there as well. I have been to other cities to watch the Sioux play on the road, but I have to say this is the best roadtrip. Looking forward to making that trip once again this year!

Kohl center impressions:

Friday, finally got there with 7:46 to go in third, drunken security guard wouldn't let us in with our tickets at first but I got by after a brief protest, rude as heck and wouldn't tell us where the handicapped elevator was claimed they didn't have one.

They wouldn' t let my handicapped dad use the elevator we found after the game to get down from the 309 level seats, it was being "held for the coaches", him with a cane lipped down the stairs with a 80 year old lady that was also denied use of the elevator.

Saturday,

Different story, nice accommodating traffic help.

An areana worker who witnessed the previous nights event saw my dad and came over to apologize for the incident.

They gladly exchanged our regular seats for accessible seats, a few rows higher but very good views and ease of access.

Great atmosphere for a half full house, clean bright place.

The Wisconsin fans around us were very cordial knew hockey well, had respect for the game, traditions, the rivalry and were fun to talk to. They thanked us for traveling to the game and made for a classy fan base.

I really enjoyed the game..........

plan to do it all next year too

Except the 9 hour train delay.........and the loss on friday........and Saturday......

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard anything about a bus heading North for this game by chance? Thanks.

REA announced today via Facebook that Al Pearson will have a fan bus heading up to the 'peg.

If you already have a ticket, cost is $40 per person. If you need a ticket and transportation, cost is $71 per person (I believe Al works to secure tickets for those in need).

Call Al to reserve your seat (218.779.5740)

Anything in Canal Park, but avoid Holiday Inn by skyway.

The Comfort INN and Suites is an awesome hotel and with walking distance for everything. If you have kids the Edge is an Awesome place to stay and they have really good blended drinks for the Adults. :)

REA announced today via Facebook that Al Pearson will have a fan bus heading up to the 'peg.

If you already have a ticket, cost is $40 per person. If you need a ticket and transportation, cost is $71 per person (I believe Al works to secure tickets for those in need).

Call Al to reserve your seat (218.779.5740)

Will passports be necessary to get into the Great White North?

• 5 weeks later...

I will be attending a conference in Minneapolis next week and will now be able to attend both games in St. Cloud. My last trip to St. cloud was 10 years ago and I only attended the Sat game. I would appreciate any tips on restaurants, things to do, places to stay, parking, etc.

A friend and I are also considering making the trip to Duluth in Feb.

I will be attending a conference in Minneapolis next week and will now be able to attend both games in St. Cloud. My last trip to St. cloud was 10 years ago and I only attended the Sat game. I would appreciate any tips on restaurants, things to do, places to stay, parking, etc.

MC Dugout for the Hairy Buffalo. Decent food as well.

I called the SCSU ticket office this morning and the person said there are PLENTY of tickets still available for the Jan. 20-21 series in St. Cloud. http://www.stcloudstate.edu/athletics/tickets/NHCseating.asp The end with 208 is the goal we attack twice. Let's fill the Concrete Center with Sioux fans. To reach the SCSU ticket office, call 1-877-SCSUTIX or 1-320-308-2137 during regular business hours (M-F from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.).

* For the Denver-SCSU series just to try and fill the place they offered 4 family tickets for $40 and the place was still almost empty.

I second the MC Dugout vote (with the Hairy Buffalo drinks!) Also, try to stay at the Kelly Inn. That's where everyone stays and it's walking distance to some pretty decent night life and connected to the convention center and a Green Mill restaurant

I second the MC Dugout vote (with the Hairy Buffalo drinks!) Also, try to stay at the Kelly Inn. That's where everyone stays and it's walking distance to some pretty decent night life and connected to the convention center and a Green Mill restaurant

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, the Kelly Inn is completely booked. Looks like I might end up at the Holiday Inn & Suites near the mall.