SiouxSports.com Forum

Ugly College Football Uniforms, 2011 Edition

The Sicatoka

I'm a huge Notre Dame fan so of course I liked Notre Dame's retros. But having said that, I do kinda prefer the blue over the green. I thought Michigan's retros were really nice.

Edit: Exciting game to watch, but it stinks Notre Dame lost.

As a Notre Dame fan, I felt like !@#$ :( Nice Uni's to wear from time to time. Beat Michigan next year.

It is annoying UND cant find green helmets that match the green jerseys. Also, it seemed to me there are different colors green helmets depending on manufacturer.

I like the uniforms in general. Wish the colors matched better also.

I suggest putting name on the back of the uniforms. Players would love it, recruits would love it, tv viewers would love it.

I like the uniforms in general. Wish the colors matched better also.

I suggest putting name on the back of the uniforms. Players would love it, recruits would love it, tv viewers would love it.

I don't think having a name on the jersey is going to get recruits to come to your school. It could be nice though for tv viewers I guess though. I personally dislike names on jerseys but I am also a Notre Dame fan, I like a few unpopular teams/ideas.

This is why schools spend time and money on Unis that us old fogies think are ugly.......the KIDS seem to think they are pretty cool.

http://www.brobible.com/videos/watch/ohio-university-bobcats-black-jerseys

Note the unmoved Frank Solich as the players blow by him to get to their lockers.

That was......surreal. Reminds me of the America's Funniest Home Videos of the 8 year old opening his new Super Nintendo at Christmas.

I had to stop the video when they shows a 20 year old rolling around on the floor hugging his jersey.

PS - What's in the jersey is far more important than the jersey itself.

While that sounds good and noble, I'm not so sure it is true. Try this thought experiment: Everyone on the Sioux football team is swapped tomorrow with everyone on NDSU's football team. Do you then cheer for NDSU? I don't think so. How about hockey? If everyone on the hockey team were swapped tomorrow with the players from Minnesota, who do you cheer for? I'm guessing it is still UND.

There is a strange connection sports fans have with their teams, and do not kid yourself, it has as much or more to do with the jersey and the organization it represents as the athletes wearing the uniform.

• Upvote 1

While that sounds good and noble, I'm not so sure it is true. Try this thought experiment: Everyone on the Sioux football team is swapped tomorrow with everyone on NDSU's football team. Do you then cheer for NDSU? I don't think so. How about hockey? If everyone on the hockey team were swapped tomorrow with the players from Minnesota, who do you cheer for? I'm guessing it is still UND.

There is a strange connection sports fans have with their teams, and do not kid yourself, it has as much or more to do with the jersey and the organization it represents as the athletes wearing the uniform.

I agree, looking and feeling good positively translates to your performance. Cool jerseys btw.

I agree, looking and feeling good positively translates to your performance. Cool jerseys btw.

Those are really nice looking jersies. I would be rather excited if UND came onto the field for a game in nice, new jersies similar to those. Especially if a sports store in the region would actually carry a replica UND football jersey that didn't look like it cost $0.10 to make in Indonesia.

• Upvote 1

You folks are missing my point:

What, not who, is in the jersery is more important than the jersey.

"What" is the character and make-up of the player (plus the esprit de corps and the skill set).

Put Mario Lamoureux or Mike Prpich in the ugly "M" and they'll still be character guys.

It's just that the ugly "M" seldom puts guys of character into their jersey.

And gleefully rolling on the floor like a little girl over a new jersey makes me question what that guy is made of.

Can you fathom Jon Toews or Digger Anderson doing something like that?

• Upvote 1

No. I think the jersey is more important!!! :lol:

Watching UND play Idaho on TV, the Sioux jerseys did not look the best. What was it white jerseys and pants with a green helmet?

The future is now the jerseys should look modern, have you seen the women from the 1920's? :crazy:

Even I wouldn't "come" near them with a twenty foot pole and thats saying a lot. :lol: