SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four

Sioux-cia

Oops!! I better fix my laptop it transposes the one and two sometimes....:blush:

LOL

You aren't the only one who's Freudianally slipping back to getting Frattin, Genoway, and a cast of stars back on the team.

From fightingsioux.com http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=205235876

"Click HERE to view the entire 2011-11 men's hockey schedule."

yes, the have played down in the ft myers area before I believe...

Hope it works out but that i s about the worst place to have a frozen four....I understand trying to spread college hockey and all but.....will be an easy ticket for those teams fortunate enough to make it

UND has never played a game in Florida

I didn't think so. I didn't think they had played in the Everglades Classic that happens around the holiday season etc.

I agree with what someone said earlier, I think the crowds have the possibility to be atrocious......If Denver and CC fans don't travel to St. Paul to watch their teams I'm guessing they won't travel to Florida. This would be the year too that a Fairbanks or Anchorage makes the frozen four too.....talk about playing a long ways from home..... :lol:

If Fairbanks makes the frozen four they will be playing 4,743 miles from home....thank you mapquest!

I think the attendance will be ok. When it was announced that the F4 was going to be held at Ford Field in Detroit, there were a lot of naysayers who believed the attendance would be small. It actually had an attendance of almost 40,000. Anaheim another least likely spot for a F4 also had respectable numbers; well over 39,000.

I think the attendance will be ok. When it was announced that the F4 was going to be held at Ford Field in Detroit, there were a lot of naysayers who believed the attendance would be small. It actually had an attendance of almost 40,000. Anaheim another least likely spot for a F4 also had respectable numbers; well over 39,000.

Yes, but they were handing out free tickets by the bucket in Michigan the last few weeks to youth hockey groups and others to get the attendance up.

Yes, but they were handing out free tickets by the bucket in Michigan the last few weeks to youth hockey groups and others to get the attendance up.

Its funny that the NCAA hadn't mentioned that at all.... :lol:

Hmmm.....a hockey tournament in a football stadium......who came up with that idea? :blush:

Started looking for rooms in Tampa and I'm more than a little p o'd. A room near the arena that costs $119./night today is going for over $300./night over the F4 timeframe! The other hotels in the same general vicinity have all jacked up their prices to twice or more as well. I'm all for making a profit but that's ridiculous! What a rip off!! For those prices, I can stay farther away, rent a car and still not spend as much money. But, I love being walking distance from all the F4 activities......

Started looking for rooms in Tampa and I'm more than a little p o'd. A room near the arena that costs $119./night today is going for over $300./night over the F4 timeframe! The other hotels in the same general vicinity have all jacked up their prices to twice or more as well. I'm all for making a profit but that's ridiculous! What a rip off!! For those prices, I can stay farther away, rent a car and still not spend as much money. But, I love being walking distance from all the F4 activities......

Tent...

Actually, that was me handing out free tickets by the buckets to Detroit Area Yoot Hockey Association. They may have been free to the kids, but they were full price to me. At least I got a tax deduction for my beating.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking to the Frozen Four & I hope that the "FIGHTING SIOUX" are in it & better yet win it. Also it's great to have the Frozen Four right here in my back yard. I'm about 20 minutes away from the St Pete Times Forum. I can't wait.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Can we camp out in your backyard to save money??!! :lol:

I'm kidding, obviously.

Doesn't look like I will be attending. Started a new job and don't think i will have quite enough vacation time accumulated by then.