SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four

Sioux-cia

I'm looking to the Frozen Four & I hope that the "FIGHTING SIOUX" are in it & better yet win it. Also it's great to have the Frozen Four right here in my back yard. I'm about 20 minutes away from the St Pete Times Forum. I can't wait.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

TommieJo can be our reporter from Tampa... :D

• 2 months later...

Got an e-mail from the NCAA giving me my seat selections for the Frozen Four. First time that has happened I believe. A bit disappointed in what I got as I had moved down to the lower bowl last year and this year back up top. Might be because I cut down to two tickets instead of four and the NCAA is punishing me for my insolence in doing so . . . .

Pretty upset with my seating for the 2012 Frozen Four, this is my 6th year buying my own tickets, my 11th overall. I have moved down every year I have had tickets. Last year I was row 1 of club level, next year upper deck at center ice in the top row of the arena. Very tough day for me with the selection process.

Started looking for rooms in Tampa and I'm more than a little p o'd. A room near the arena that costs $119./night today is going for over $300./night over the F4 timeframe! The other hotels in the same general vicinity have all jacked up their prices to twice or more as well. I'm all for making a profit but that's ridiculous! What a rip off!! For those prices, I can stay farther away, rent a car and still not spend as much money. But, I love being walking distance from all the F4 activities......

Stumbling? :whistling:

Started looking for rooms in Tampa and I'm more than a little p o'd. A room near the arena that costs $119./night today is going for over $300./night over the F4 timeframe! The other hotels in the same general vicinity have all jacked up their prices to twice or more as well. I'm all for making a profit but that's ridiculous! What a rip off!! For those prices, I can stay farther away, rent a car and still not spend as much money. But, I love being walking distance from all the F4 activities......

Have you ever thought about renting a house or condo for the week? Check out these sites and maybe it would best for you. www.vrbo.com, www.vacationrentals.com, or www.homeaway.com.

Got an e-mail from the NCAA giving me my seat selections for the Frozen Four. First time that has happened I believe. A bit disappointed in what I got as I had moved down to the lower bowl last year and this year back up top. Might be because I cut down to two tickets instead of four and the NCAA is punishing me for my insolence in doing so . . . .

I was in club level in the corner last year. This year I got put in the second row of the upper level, just to the left of center ice.

I was in club level in the corner last year. This year I got put in the second row of the upper level, just to the left of center ice.

I had upper level last year but wasn't disappointed because there isn't a bad seat in the X. I had club level for a Wild game last year and loved it though. The restaurants on club level have some great food.

Hockey is very popular in Tampa, the Lightning are FAR more popular than the Rays are (althouh it doesn't help that Tropicana Field is in a scary area of town). I've been all around the south and i've never found a city down there that loves hockey like Tampa does. The only question I have is will the locals be willing to pay the money for college hockey?

I'm also in the upper level, 304. I received an email from USCHO awhile ago which stated F4 tickets would be for sale via Ticketmaster 11/19. I wonder if this is a reflection of decreased lottery requests?

I found a room for $189/night less than a mile from the venue! Woooohooooo......

I'm also in the upper level, 304. I received an email from USCHO awhile ago which stated F4 tickets would be for sale via Ticketmaster 11/19. I wonder if this is a reflection of decreased lottery requests?

I found a room for $189/night less than a mile from the venue! Woooohooooo......

What hotel did you end up at. We have tickets but haven't booked rooms.

What hotel did you end up at. We have tickets but haven't booked rooms.

The Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Downtown. I got it via Orbitz. I did have to pay the total right away but if for some unforeseen reason I need to cancel, I do get a complete refund!

I called the hotel to see if their rates would be lower booking directly with them but their rates were about $50/night higher!

The Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Downtown. I got it via Orbitz. I did have to pay the total right away but if for some unforeseen reason I need to cancel, I do get a complete refund!

I called the hotel to see if their rates would be lower booking directly with them but their rates were about $50/night higher!

Thank you