SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Denver Nov 22nd

U2Bad1

Usually fans of the winning team forget about the officiating that went on during the game--not so this weekend. Will be interesting to hear what Blais says about this, if at all, during the next coach's show.

Sounds like officiating might be one of the topics, Blaiser told TH after the game that there has been an awful lot of penatlies this season. That has to be the understatment of the year.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think now is a good time to play UMD. They seemed to have leveled off a bit.

I wouldn't say that... They had a poor showing vs. SCSU..... and Bemidji.....don't get me started about that series.....

Union is not a top 15 team, but they did receive votes, and with a 7-2-2 record coming in, I think a tie and a win against this opponent on the road marks a successful weekend for the Dogs, and will hopefully provide some upward momentum again.

i think you'll find that we'll have plenty of ammo come december 12!! :lol:

Unbelievably dominant weekend sweep for the Sioux. 8-2, 6-2.

On the road.

Against a team that is at least good.

Good goaltending.

Scoring spread throughout the lines.

SHG, PPG.

Tons of third period goals.

Really fantastic. Congrats Sioux.

Very impressive road sweep. I was hoping for 2-3 pts, but getting 4 is a great achievement. What I really liked was that scoring/production was more broad-based and didn't rely on the Money-Parise-Murray. More guys seem to be stepping up and working hard for three whole periods. This says alot about the overall leadership and maturity of the team. Solid goaltending overall by Brandt and JParise, and a solid defensive effort too. (Sounds like Bina is quickly finding his role on the squad. :p )

Great effort, guys. Keep it up, and remember this season should extend into April at the Fleet. :D:lol:

The Sioux are playing the best hockey we've seen since the 00' - '01 season. 8-2 and 6-2 over Denver... on the road?! Wow... All I can say is that I'm impressed. The sioux are on a roll. I would give credit to players like Genoway, Canady, Brandt, etc, who all had mediocre (at best) seasons last year and have worked their asses off to make the Sioux a great team this season. I'm excited to see what these players can do over the next couple years.

Good weekend for Bina. I don't think Fedorov will be sold on Bina until he gets a hatty...maybe next series. :silly:

Anytime you can go on the road in the WCHA and sweep is impressive. Great job Sioux!!!...keep it up.

I think TH summed up the PP situation well...if you're beating Denver at Denver 8-2 and don't score on the PP, who cares?

The Sioux are playing the best hockey we've seen since the 00' - '01 season. 8-2 and 6-2 over Denver... on the road?! Wow... All I can say is that I'm impressed. The sioux are on a roll. I would give credit to players like Genoway, Canady, Brandt, etc, who all had mediocre (at best) seasons last year and have worked their asses off to make the Sioux a great team this season. I'm excited to see what these players can do over the next couple years.

Bina and Prpich had huge series.

Although TH didn't understand the Buy a Vowel sign that evidentally was held up at the Magness Arena.

There's an article in Sunday's Denver Post about Saturday's UND-DU game. Gwozdecky made some nice comments about the Sioux, such as:

"My hat is off to North Dakota," he said. "If there's a more talented team in the country, you'll have to show me."

What impressed Gwozdecky the most was the way the Sioux sacrificed their bodies. They blocked 21 of DU's 57 attempted shots.

"If you want to put it in a nutshell, their scorers were better than ours," Gwozdecky said. "But what I really admire is how hard they worked and how dedicated they are in blocking shots."