SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Denver Nov 22nd

U2Bad1

There is no way andy schneider fell ont hat puck.. it looked like parise fell on it and then andy schneider fell on top of parise. Oh well, parise stoned him.

For you dataflix people, it's rebuffered like 7 or 8 times int he first period and i have a connection above 1 MB / S

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For you dataflix people, it's rebuffered like 7 or 8 times int he first period and i have a connection above 1 MB / S

Worked well for me for the first 6-8 minutes, about done for now. Seems that as more people log on, it gets worse. Maybe their pipeline doesn't allow for the number of users that have paid for it.

That is pretty stupid if true. You can't advertise a product and then not be prepared for the response. UND or REA or whoever needs to up their pipeline if need be. Either limit the number of users to a number that is managable or up get better equipment to handle the response. They can't have it both ways. :lol:

Dont get it goon!!! I paid for the full package during the minnesota series. It actually worked very well for the MN series.

The ralph guy who was on here before the season said they would adjust their bandwidth with the amount of users who come on.. obviously this is not the case. It NEVER rebuffers in the pregame, so it has to be the lack of bandwidth on THEIR end. :lol:

Sprig is that dataflix worth the money and do you have to have high speed internet to use it? I was considering getting it.

Definitely need broadband, since you'll need enough bandwidth to downstream 222 kbps. Seems that some have it working well, but there are others of us that have all kinds of problems with it. If you have broadband, I'd try one game and see it it works for you.

May be that some users are closer to a major internet backbone than others, don't know, but it doesn't work well for me.

Sprig is that dataflix worth the money and do you have to have high speed internet to use it? I was considering getting it.

I have high-speed broadband and I love it, but some folks have complained about buffering and such with slower connections. I'm not sure I'd recommend it without a fast connection, although it supposedly only requires 222 kb rate.

Dont get it goon!!! I paid for the full package during the minnesota series. It actually worked very well for the MN series.

The ralph guy who was on here before the season said they would adjust their bandwidth with the amount of users who come on.. obviously this is not the case. It NEVER rebuffers in the pregame, so it has to be the lack of bandwidth on THEIR end. :lol:

So here is my question then, if they can put the game on the internet why not put the game on channel 23? I would be willing to pay extra to get the away games at home and I am sure that others would too. Hell even make them pay per view.

Definitely need broadband, since you'll need enough bandwidth to downstream 222 kbps. Seems that some have it working well, but there are others of us that have all kinds of problems with it. If you have broadband, I'd try one game and see it it works for you.

May be that some users are closer to a major internet backbone than others, don't know, but it doesn't work well for me.

I assume this would work with MIDCONET then right? I am so close to getting the whole thing but I am affraid that I would be disappointed...

Dataflix is horrible so far tonight. I have a cable modem at 1.5 Mbs and it keeps freezing for long periods. REA has no problem pushing this product, I would like to believe someone cares about performance and would let us know what is being done to fix this problem. They have had enough games now to work the bugs out and provide consistent performance. If it were free I'd have no reason to complain, but since I am paying for this I expect better.

I have high-speed broadband and I love it, but some folks have complained about buffering and such with slower connections. I'm not sure I'd recommend it without a fast connection, although it supposedly only requires 222 kb rate.

No matter how much bandwidth you have, 222 kbps is the maximum the flix will stream. I have 384 downstream that is streaming fine (checking my isp), but cannot get the game to stream consistently.

The video used it Denver's Comcast Cable production, I believe. THe audio is the TH radio broadcast. Would imagine it would be possible to pick it up on the siouxsports network if someone wanted to. I'd be interested in pay for TV also, given how this dataflix crap works. Terrible again in the second period.