SiouxSports.com Forum

Volleyball Recruiting

GeauxSioux

CJLTZGKWTEUDFPS.20130125191051.jpg

She is cute plus one source says she has the 7th fastest time in the 400 meters in MN HS history. She holds the MN state tournament record with 57 assists in a game. It appears that she was recruited for track but decided to play VB.

Looks like a great "get"!

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Figured out the name. It was jaila Tolbert from Breck in minnesota. Looks like she is a junior

Found a Breck team photo with Jaila, probably from her soph. year. She is #2, sitting down in the front row, first player from left to right. She definitely looks the part from what I can tell. Link is below:

http://www.mshsl.org...m=423&school=62

• 3 weeks later...

This class will address a big weakness in the middle (and get some much needed height, all of the hitters coming in is 6' or taller) and we address our setter for next year, and you cannot have enough defense.

1 trait I have noticed from all these girls that the coaches raved on. They all have a competitive drive to them, and that is a good thing to have.

Pretty impressive award for UND signee. Junior this year.

Shanley’s Fraase presented with award given to student-athletes who define leadership

Fargo

Alivia Fraase’s junior year at Fargo Shanley High School just keeps getting better and better.

Wednesday, in front of the entire Shanley student body, Fraase was presented a National Guard Inspiration Award.

The award – presented in conjunction with USA Today High School Sports – is given to only 15 student-athletes in the nation a year and is in its second year as a program, which honors athletes who define leadership.

“It is a great honor,” said Fraase, who plays volleyball and basketball at Shanley. “I’m really speechless. … It is really exciting.”

Fraase maintains a 3.79 GPA and volunteers with a variety of organizations including Bag of Hope, where volunteers make gifts for hospitalized children.

Last fall, Fraase committed to play volleyball at the University of North Dakota and surpassed 1,000 career kills, while helping the Deacons to a 31-3 record along with a third-place finish at the Class A state tournament.

In the winter, the 6-foot forward was a member of the Shanley basketball squad that won the Class A state championship with a 53-29 win over Minot. Fraase posted eight points and 10 rebounds in the title game.

“A lot has happened this year, and I’m very grateful,” Fraase said. “A lot of the credit goes to my family, friends, coaches and teammates. They have been by my side throughout the years. Their support has been unreal, and I give all the credit to them.”

North Dakota Army National Guard Brigadier General Joe Dohrmann presented the award to Fraase along with a commander’s coin.

“She truly is an inspiration to those around her,” Dohrmann said during the ceremony. “Inspiration is defined as something that makes someone want to do something. A force or influence inspires someone and when I read about Alivia those two words, force and influence, ring true about her character and what she has done here at Shanley High School.”

“When I’m on the court, I realize there are people watching and there are kids smiling and having fun,” Fraase added. “They look up to high schoolers, a lot more than what people think. I think it is important to stay on the right track even when you don’t think there are people watching. There are eyes everywhere.”

In addition to her sports and volunteer work, Fraase has got into coaching this spring, taking some time to pass on her knowledge of volleyball to those eager to learn from the all-state standout.

“I coach sixth-grade volleyball during the spring,” Fraase said. “This is my first year doing it, and I absolutely love it. We have practices on Wednesdays, and it has been fun getting to know the girls on a personal level. I just hope I am a role model for them.”

https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=1&article_id=431747&CFID=515157092&CFTOKEN=73200111

• 1 month later...

NDSU has been forced to recruit DII level players. Thought they cleaned house with Kari Thompson but she's still there. No wonder Bisonville doesn't care about it.

They always seem to get good non-conference schedules though:

Sept 4 -7 : at NMSU, vs Cal, vs Radford

Sept 12-13 at Bradley, vs UMKC, vs Miami (O)

• 3 months later...

Hoping that there is interst in Natasha Burns from Canada. 6'5" MB would be really nice.  Pryor follows her so I'm hoping that means there is some sort of interest.  

Would be nice to get her.  Height is so important in VB and she has it.  Would be surprised if she didn't get a Big Ten or Big East offer though.

• 1 month later...