SiouxSports.com Forum

Hextall signs

yellowknife

My source told me that your source is an idiot! My source also said why would a playoff team bring in a rookie over all the seasoned players in the farm league? Granted we are not talking about a Toews, Crosby, or a Parise! All though I agree Hextall is worthy, but it makes no sense! My source also told me that Toews, Parise, Oshie, and Zajac are coming back for next season, because they want to finish their college education........ But you know, you have a 50-50 shot at being correct, good luck.

Phoenix GM is interested in signing him. That doesnt mean he'd join them for the playoffs, in fact there is basically no way they'd bring him in for the playoffs. He'll get a 2-way contract and start out in Texas in the AHL.

Thats no secret, but these claims that he's already signed are stupid unless there from a real source, which since were going on 2 days clearly wasnt a real source. It was speculation. ANYONE can speculate.

Phoenix GM is interested in signing him. That doesnt mean he'd join them for the playoffs, in fact there is basically no way they'd bring him in for the playoffs. He'll get a 2-way contract and start out in Texas in the AHL.

Thats no secret, but these claims that he's already signed are stupid unless there from a real source, which since were going on 2 days clearly wasnt a real source. It was speculation. ANYONE can speculate.

Can't bring him in for the Stanley Cup playoffs because it is past the trade deadline...Players have to be within the organization before the trade deadline to play in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Here's what I don't understand: Why, if the rumors have substance, does PHX want Hextall now?

He's never been a top line player in college. He's undersized for the pros (and arguably undersized for college). He has gaps in his game.

Is PHX worried about Hextall waiting until August 15, 2012 (when he becomes a free agent if he stays in college)?

Is PHX worried about Hextall waiting until August 15, 2012 (when he becomes a free agent if he stays in college)?

You could play devil's advocate and ask if Hextall would want to take the risk in not signing what could be a lucrative deal now. Just because he becomes a free agent in August 2012 doesn't mean he finds an equal or better contract elsewhere in a year. It's not like the flaws you point out only hold true for one NHL team but not others.

Maybe PHX is higher on him than a lot of teams might be. If you really like what a guy might add to your system, why wouldn't you try to sign him?

Here's what I don't understand: Why, if the rumors have substance, does PHX want Hextall now?

He's never been a top line player in college. He's undersized for the pros (and arguably undersized for college). He has gaps in his game.

I wonder that too, he was only a 6th round draft pick in 2008, and according to a prospect rating site I looked at they have him rated #19 in the Phoenix system, so you wouldn't think he would be a huge priority for them now unless they really think they will lose him next year. Maybe NDHockey is right and Brett is pushing to get a deal now and not taking the chance of Phoenix letting him walk and having to test the waters on the open market. I guess this thing could work both ways.

I prefer to wait on news from official sources. If true, the news will come soon enough. I have plenty of "sources" as well. Sadly, perhaps, they are about as reliable and as informed as are you lomackman. These self-proclaimed know-it-alls simply do not know jack. You know the type? You should. Missed you at the Frozen Four. What, no free tickets come your way?

Have other things that I prefer to do with my vacation funds. Sources tell me that you Mr. NorthDakotaHockey are a graduate of the University of Minnesota and William Mitchell and are not even a UND alumni. Dang you are one nasty and angry SOB.

• Downvote 5

I prefer to wait on news from official sources. If true, the news will come soon enough. I have plenty of "sources" as well. Sadly, perhaps, they are about as reliable and as informed as are you lomackman. These self-proclaimed know-it-alls simply do not know jack. You know the type? You should. Missed you at the Frozen Four. What, no free tickets come your way?

You really seem to hate the fact that others may know more than you. Why is it so ahrd to believe that someone has been able to get free tickets? Have you ever had a personal friend play hockey at UND or were you too busy attending schools in the Minneapolis area too? Do you tell the judge that he or she does not know what they are talking about?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Have other things that I prefer to do with my vacation funds. Sources tell me that you Mr. NorthDakotaHockey are a graduate of the University of Minnesota and William Mitchell and are not even a UND alumni. Dang you are one nasty and angry SOB.

At a -218 for your reputation, you sound more like a nasty and angry SOB than NorthDakotaHockey!

More proof, indeed, that your sources in fact simply do not know jack. I have no anger toward you lomackman. You are simply an inconsequent to me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Those negs are because I do not drink the kool-aid with the rest.

in all seriousness i think all your negatives come from you sounding like a complete a$$. who cares if you know people....good for you! i also know people who work for the twins and wild and routinely get tickets from them, i just choose not to brag about it on a message board.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

in all seriousness i think all your negatives come from you sounding like a complete a$$. who cares if you know people....good for you! i also know people who work for the twins and wild and routinely get tickets from them, i just choose not to brag about it on a message board.

An a$$ only to the feeble-minded. No you don't know anyone that works fo the Twins or the Wild you just made that up.

• Downvote 2

An a$$ only to the feeble-minded. No you don't know anyone that works fo the Twins or the Wild you just made that up.

This can't be a serious comment. Now you're telling people who they do and don't know?! Please stop while you're ahead way behind.

One reasons to sign him now is to get him in their system, and take away the possibility of him going free agency. This helps with planning for next season, having players for the AHL team, drafting, etc. A second reason is that once he is in their system, they have control of his development, and can have him start on a development program to improve his weaknesses. an example would be a player with poor skating, being sent to skating school over the summer, etc. they can't do that until he signs or leaves school.

i was always told you can't argue stupid....i guess that comment rings true when you try to talk to lomackman

I'm always told to provide proof about what I say so the same applies to you. What a bunch of tweebs that act like a bunch of school yard bullies that like to gang up on the person who does not drink their brand of kool-aid. I hope you are so proud of yourself along with the fine job your parents did in raising you. You need to deal with those anger issues before they eat you alive.

• Upvote 1

This can't be a serious comment. Now you're telling people who they do and don't know?! Please stop while you're ahead way behind.

You people are just too much fun. All brave behind a keyboard lashing out at people. There is help for that anger out there. Counseling and certain medications come to mind such as Thorazine.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You people are just too much fun. All brave behind a keyboard lashing out at people. There is help for that anger out there. Counseling and certain medications come to mind such as Thorazine.

Everybody else is wrong and I'm the only one that is right. Hmmm, sounds to me like somebody needs counseling. Might want to be a bit introspective and ask youself the question, "Is it everybody else, or is it me?"

Did you learn nothing from your time out?!?! If your goals when posting on SS.com include 'riling up' the members, you're going to get yourself banned; :D. You'lll end up with only your 'sources' to play with. You know where that will lead you...... :silly:

I'm always told to provide proof about what I say so the same applies to you. What a bunch of tweebs that act like a bunch of school yard bullies that like to gang up on the person who does not drink their brand of kool-aid. I hope you are so proud of yourself along with the fine job your parents did in raising you. You need to deal with those anger issues before they eat you alive.

what brand of kool-aid would you be talking about?....i prefer grape kool-aid but whatever kind you make is probably good anyway. yes, my parents did do a fine job in raising me, i have a four year degree, i have a great job that can provide me with things that i want and i treat other people the way i want to be treated.

with that i think you are just a mean person who looks for attention, you probably didn't get enough love as a child so you lash out towards other people with your stupid comments and how you know this person and that person, just to make yourself feel better.