SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ SCSU

AZSIOUX

I think the Sioux sweep this one. Not because St. Cloud is a lesser team, but I go back to the CC series. I was at both of those games and after the poor performance Friday night, Hak clearly laced into the team and sparked that Saturday night blow out. Since then, he has had this team focused. Whatever he is saying or doing is working. That is three straight games of 60 minute domination. His press conference last week saying how upset he was about the Kristo distraction showed me that he has this team prepared for a run no matter what comes their way.

We are deeper than St. Cloud, bigger, faster and are aiming to hang two banners this season. I expect us to come out each night with fire and determination.

Chay has been a dynamic player for the Sioux his entire career.

I think the last few games he played in, he was on the ice too much and ended up beinng gassed, and then bad things can happen.

Look what happened to to UMD on December 30th, when they had their first line on the ice for the entire power play against the Sioux. It gassed them and they were un-effective after that, which was good for the Sioux.

No player will admit he is tried or that they are not ready to go. Time Management for all players by the coaching staff is key.

I think this team will miss Kristo but not sure if we will see him again. Coaching is the key with Genoway who is a plus 10 against three average teams (Robert Morris, SCSU, Mankato) which leaves him a minus 6 for the remaining 25 games. Needs to be used properly which comes down to coaching. We do get outcoached when 5 is involved. Hopefully they will get down to playing TEAM hockey and run the lines and use the depth this team possesses. Not sure they will get this opportunity to get the NCAA for a couple of years. Lots of talent graduating which has produced 58 goals and 76 assists from 7 seniors let alone other potential departures.

• Downvote 1

Something a bit overlooked was the fact that Aaron Dell won his 20th hockey game with the victory over Anchorage on Saturday. Dell has just been a reliable consistently good goaltender this eason, and has been amazing on the road. I expect the same from him this weekend, and another solid couple of starts.

The goalie situation has been quite a turnaround from last year. Dell couldn't break in last year. When he got a rare chance he wasn't that good and Eids was generally very good. Now the skate is on the other foot.

The goalie situation has been quite a turnaround from last year. Dell couldn't break in last year. When he got a rare chance he wasn't that good and Eids was generally very good. Now the skate is on the other foot.

Eidsness in 2+ years as the guy was never as solid and consistant as Dell has been this year. Dell's positioning is better, he controls rebounds better and most of all IMO his concentration is better... he doesn't give up a softy nearly as often as BE did.

Eidsness in 2+ years as the guy was never as solid and consistant as Dell has been this year. Dell's positioning is better, he controls rebounds better and most of all IMO his concentration is better... he doesn't give up a softy nearly as often as BE did.

I agree completely.

For the first time in a long time, I am comfortable with our goaltending situation.

I agree completely.

For the first time in a long time, I am comfortable with our goaltending situation.

Totally with you. There were times last year where I almost felt UND was down 1-0 before the pucked dropped because BE seemed to always give up a soft one.

With that said, I'd like to see BE get some ice time, but with the race for Cup on and Dell in total control game in and game out, I don't see that happening.

Totally with you. There were times last year where I almost felt UND was down 1-0 before the pucked dropped because BE seemed to always give up a soft one.

With that said, I'd like to see BE get some ice time, but with the race for Cup on and Dell in total control game in and game out, I don't see that happening.

Eids did always give up the soft one, then he'd make some terrific saves. He wasn't losing games for us, but he wasn't stealing them either.

A comment on Dell's performance this weekend. If he wasn't on his game we would have been in danger of losing at least the Saturday night game even though we dominated the game.

Eids did always give up the soft one, then he'd make some terrific saves. He wasn't losing games for us, but he wasn't stealing them either.

A comment on Dell's performance this weekend. If he wasn't on his game we would have been in danger of losing at least the Saturday night game even though we dominated the game.

Your 1st point shouldn't be an expectation of your #1 goalie, your 2nd point should be though.

I agree completely.

I want to agree, but I don't think things like that should be written or said aloud. I remember when Goehring got hurt the week of the NCAA regional at Yost and the team just wasn't the same with the backup in there (despite the backup being the defending national champion goalie). So officially I'm going with: Dell is an OK goalie.

Your 1st point shouldn't be an expectation of your #1 goalie, your 2nd point should be though.

Well true enough, but rock solid goalies are hard to find and unfortunately it's the one position that we seem to struggle on more than any other.

I remember Blais saying the position is so important that they should call the game "goalie."

In looking at the SCSU schedule I just counted and I've seen them play 14 games so far this season. The one thing I have noticed is they perform better against teams that don't do a lot of checking. Advantage North Dakota. I see us sweeping them in the Concrete Canyon.

* I just called the ticket office and they said "there are quite a few tickets still available for Friday night and very few for Saturday."

1-877-SCSUTIX

I'm really not sure if Eidsness will get in the net again this season, unless (knock on wood) Dell gets hurt. Six league games remaining with every one of them extremely important for the Sioux if they want to win the league. Hakstol rolled Eids from January through the end of the year last season, I don't see him taking Dell out any time soon.

I'm really not sure if Eidsness will get in the net again this season, unless (knock on wood) Dell gets hurt. Six league games remaining with every one of them extremely important for the Sioux if they want to win the league. Hakstol rolled Eids from January through the end of the year last season, I don't see him taking Dell out any time soon.

This isn't a bash Eidness thread nor should there be one, his is a good goalie. However, what always scared me was how he played the puck. He would come out way to far and have no sense of urgency when trying to play it to a forward. I can recall several near misses and a few ooops goals.

Sat night in Houghton after we clinch the Cup on Friday night :D

I just wanted to rant a little and it is in regards to Midcontinent. Since the beginning of this season Midcontinent has had St. Cloud State home hockey games on one of Midcontinent Sports Network's alternate channels and the one time where it'd actually be worth it to have, they don't. Instead they have the UND women's game on the regular MidcoSN channel and the alternate channel 1 while they've got something else on alternate channel 2. I suppose there is still some chance that they pick up the Charter Communications feed.

I mean good job to the women's hockey team and what they've accomplished but it would be nice to watch the men's game on TV as well instead of a webcast.

I just wanted to rant a little and it is in regards to Midcontinent. Since the beginning of this season Midcontinent has had St. Cloud State home hockey games on one of Midcontinent Sports Network's alternate channels and the one time where it'd actually be worth it to have, they don't. Instead they have the UND women's game on the regular MidcoSN channel and the alternate channel 1 while they've got something else on alternate channel 2. I suppose there is still some chance that they pick up the Charter Communications feed.

I mean good job to the women's hockey team and what they've accomplished but it would be nice to watch the men's game on TV as well instead of a webcast.

I was thinking the same thing.

I was thinking the same thing.

Just looked on tvguide with my lineup and Charter communications, same thing. For the past years for I don't know how long, they always had the Sioux/St.Cloud games on but this year it looks like Duluth/Mankato for both Friday and Saturday. Guess the one year I don't get tickets for a Saturday night in Cloud thinking they would just be on TV again, I was wrong. If anybody has any tickets they need to unload for Saturday night I would be willing to snatch them up!

Anybody know if any other television options might be out there?

Just looked on tvguide with my lineup and Charter communications, same thing. For the past years for I don't know how long, they always had the Sioux/St.Cloud games on but this year it looks like Duluth/Mankato for both Friday and Saturday. Guess the one year I don't get tickets for a Saturday night in Cloud thinking they would just be on TV again, I was wrong. If anybody has any tickets they need to unload for Saturday night I would be willing to snatch them up!

You should be fine actually. According to St. Cloud's hockey schedule, the North Dakota series will be on Charter Channel 14 both Friday and Saturday. For those who live in the Twin Cities, they'll be able to catch the Saturday game on TV via Comcast Channel 13(St. Paul) or Comcast Channel 23(Minneapolis).

Source:

http://www.stcloudstate.edu/athletics/sports/hockey-mens/schedule.asp

we don't even get those games here, we get lousy womens's basketball one night.

I think the Sioux sweep this one. Not because St. Cloud is a lesser team, but I go back to the CC series. I was at both of those games and after the poor performance Friday night, Hak clearly laced into the team and sparked that Saturday night blow out. Since then, he has had this team focused. Whatever he is saying or doing is working. That is three straight games of 60 minute domination. His press conference last week saying how upset he was about the Kristo distraction showed me that he has this team prepared for a run no matter what comes their way.

We are deeper than St. Cloud, bigger, faster and are aiming to hang two banners this season. I expect us to come out each night with fire and determination.

The SCSU Huskies are not a physical team and they seem to not want anything to do with UND"s physical game. The Huskies are a generic version of Minnesota's Pansies on Ice. They grittiest player might be facing a suspension?

The SCSU Huskies are not a physical team and they seem to not want anything to do with UND"s physical game. The Huskies are a generic version of Minnesota's Pansies on Ice. They grittiest player might be facing a suspension?

What happened now?

I'm surprised that the clownies have done as well as they have since they lost 3 players at the Christmas Tourney.