SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

What is the scoop on Mathewson? Was anybody else recruiting him. How good is he?

Not much out there for who is recruiting him, but he does appear to be pretty talented as a three year starter (Jr season missed most games due to injury) on defense. Also appears to be a very good basketball player. One thing I found was that he was on the preseason watch list as Illinois defensive player of the year, which is especially interesting considering his injury filled season before.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/high-school/post/_/id/1521/watch-list-defensive-player-of-the-year

Not much out there for who is recruiting him, but he does appear to be pretty talented as a three year starter (Jr season missed most games due to injury) on defense. Also appears to be a very good basketball player. One thing I found was that he was on the preseason watch list as Illinois defensive player of the year, which is especially interesting considering his injury filled season before.

http://espn.go.com/b...yer-of-the-year

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/434715/luke-mathewson

LB Brandon Larson from Bemidji has also been confirmed as a UND commit, probably as a preferred walk on.

I have read where some think Larson can be a better college FB player than Woods. Whether true or not, that is quite a statement (SU fans don't need to debate this) in that Woods is surely highly thought of (athletically, at least).

I have read where some think Larson can be a better college FB player than Woods. Whether true or not, that is quite a statement (SU fans don't need to debate this) in that Woods sure surely highly thought of (athletically, at least).

I see Woods got suspended from basketball for 3 weeks for violation of rules (along with other kids too). :whistling:

Is anyone else excited to have another player with a great football name on the team? Conrad Schwarzkopf is an excellant name. Myles Jablonski is another. Stanchik is another. Anyone have any favorite classic football names of former players?

Dean Witkowski--great linebacker and great linebacker name.

Century’s Schwarzkopf verbally commits to UND

When all-state lineman Conrad Schwarzkopf of Century began shopping around for colleges, he knew what he wanted.

The University of North Dakota had it all - a FCS football program, an aviation program and good location.

So, Schwarzkopf, a 6-foot-2, 285-pound senior, verbally committed to UND on Wednesday.

Schwarzkopf said football, first and foremost, has him headed for Grand Forks.

"I just like the direction they're going and they play some pretty good teams," he said.