SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

They make it sound like Schobert isn't receiving any $$$. They tweeted as of now no money but they'll wait and see how things go. Do you suppose that means he is a PWO or we are waiting on an offer from someone else?

Either way its a good get. After his junior year he was drawing some interest from the Badgers.

They make it sound like Schobert isn't receiving any $$$. They tweeted as of now no money but they'll wait and see how things go. Do you suppose that means he is a PWO or we are waiting on an offer from someone else?

Either way its a good get. After his junior year he was drawing some interest from the Badgers.

You are correct - there was a great deal of interest in him a few months ago. I wonder what happened with him - injured during his Sr. year?

Its amazing how much influence a High School coach can have over a kid. Arp had committed to UND but his coach wouldn't let him finalize it until he talked to him in person. Well, here is your result. Coach Larson- who is an NDSU alum, must be pretty powerful in Forman. :silly: Personally, I have never heard of a coach talking a kid into going to a different school, the coaches alma mater, just so the coach can be happy. Not in ND at least.

Its amazing how much influence a High School coach can have over a kid. Arp had committed to UND but his coach wouldn't let him finalize it until he talked to him in person. Well, here is your result. Coach Larson must be pretty powerful in Forman. :silly:

I am guessing if Arp wanted to go to UND instead, he would have.

Its amazing how much influence a High School coach can have over a kid. Arp had committed to UND but his coach wouldn't let him finalize it until he talked to him in person. Well, here is your result. Coach Larson- who is an NDSU alum, must be pretty powerful in Forman. :silly: Personally, I have never heard of a coach talking a kid into going to a different school, the coaches alma mater, just so the coach can be happy. Not in ND at least.

Coach has nothing to do with it. Coach can't keep kid from signing. As an alumnus of a school, if he told the kid to wait until he talked to him before signing, then he violated NCAA rules. Alumni are not allowed to talk to recruits in an attempt to influence their decision. I would not be surprised if this occured but I would like to see some evidence.

any confirmation of this? otherwise my guess is the original lean-UND reported yesterday was BS.

We will have to wait and see if Kolpack does his job when he writes the article. I am not saying they should ask how it all went down but it should mention that he was committed to UND.

when was this? All ive been able to find was a SFI tweet that lechler was leaning ndsu and arp leaning und, nothing else.

We will have to wait and see if Kolpack does his job when he writes the article. I am not saying they should ask how it all went down but it should mention that he was committed to UND.

It should mention he was committed to UND? I didn't see anything about him being committed one way or the other until tonight. As any story should, it should state the facts. Nothing else.

The Schwartkopf recruit from Bismarck was on television last night saying how he chose UND over NDSU. Hopefully he will stick with his committment to UND. I suppose NDSU is on his doorstep trying to get him too switch like the Arp kid did.

Did SFI talk to Arp when they sent the original tweet? I haven't seen a quote or story anywhere from the kid or family saying he chose UND but maybe I missed it. I think it's funny it should be up to kolpack. Him and izzo have been talking to the past few verbals as quickly as possible after their commitment broke, and in many times even the UND commits. Where we're the GF reporters to talk to Arp then?

How about refraining from false accusations and enjoy the kids who have decided that your school is the best fit for them.

Verbal commitments are really pointless at times. Until they sign on the dotted line, they have every right to switch schools. Heck, Gunner Kiel, #1 rated pocket passer was ready to start school at LSU for the Spring semester when he got cold feet and decided he wanted to go to Notre Dame....the day before classes started.

Coach has nothing to do with it. Coach can't keep kid from signing. As an alumnus of a school, if he told the kid to wait until he talked to him before signing, then he violated NCAA rules. Alumni are not allowed to talk to recruits in an attempt to influence their decision. I would not be surprised if this occured but I would like to see some evidence.

I think Larson is a dragon, by the way. Anyway Hambone....I agree.

A kid committed then changed his mind. Is there anything wrong with that? No. Shouldn't be Kolpack's job to find out why. Would have loved to have him, but he chose a different path. Good luck to him.

I don't particularly care whether the real story comes out or not, but I thought it was interesting that SFI specifically asked Kolpack last night via tweet whether Arp decommitted from UND, and neither Kolpack nor Izzo have responded yet.

I don't particularly care whether the real story comes out or not, but I thought it was interesting that SFI specifically asked Kolpack last night via tweet whether Arp decommitted from UND, and neither Kolpack nor Izzo have responded yet.

Didn't know that - would like to find out too.

Anyway, Joel Isenberger is the first to sign the LOI.