SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

SFI blog entry on the Golladay commitment: http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/

I'm probably over-analyzing this, but it seems odd to me that Golladay and his high school teammate Charles Elmore both visited UND on the same weekend, and presumably the visit had to be decent in order for Golladay to commit, but we did not get Elmore, who committed to SDSU. Obviously Chicago to Grand Forks would be an adjustment for almost anybody, but you would think far less so than Chicago to Brookings. And yes, I realize other factors could be in play such as the fact that he'll be playing once or twice per year in the state of Illinois, and the fact that a certain major may be offered at SDSU but not UND.

And yes, I realize other factors could be in play such as the fact that he'll be playing once or twice per year in the state of Illinois

this is probably a bigger deal than you would expect. both isu's, wiu, siu, uni within a few hour driveof chicago.

I've never made it to sdsu's campus, but if it's anything like vermillion... yuck. As far as campus's go UND > NDSU >>>>USD

Three scholarships to WRs really surprises me especially when it appears we already have some good ones on the roster (including redshirts Jackson and Young). Does anyone know if all these receivers are back on campus this semester? I wonder if we had a couple disappear on us.

Three scholarships to WRs really surprises me especially when it appears we already have some good ones on the roster (including redshirts Jackson and Young). Does anyone know if all these receivers are back on campus this semester? I wonder if we had a couple disappear on us.

Interesting point. We graduated two so three isn't too much of a stretch, especially if the coaches saw talent they couldn't pass up. Fletcher was someone we had offered very early so I'm guessing we had him very high on our list.

I found this on Fletcher- http://www.azcentral...011.html?page=2

He looks like a WR but are we possibly bringing him in at safety? Rated the tenth best DB in Arizona. If you look at the safety's we were recruitinng:

-Charles Elmore- SDSU

-Brandon Hathaway- Tennessee Tech

-Sam Folz- walkon U of Nebraska

Ben Holcomb- walkon U of Minnesota

I don't think all these guys were the same safety position but by the looks of it the coaches were targeting some pretty high end safety recruits.

Maybe the coaches realized not have receivers isn't much fun. There was a pretty tough stretch there where the only option was Bamba. I don't want to be back in that type of situation.

Exactly. Plus, it's great to give Mollberg & Bartels some weapons at WR to work with throughout their entire playing careers.

It appears that UND has an offer out to a LB from Nevada that was on our interest list.

LB Jared Tuiliagi Henderson, NevadaLiberty 6'1" 217 4.8

I've had my eye on him for a bit, and think he would be a great addition. Has offers from San Diego and Texas Southern.

http://rivals.yahoo....prN08zRsTNIPZB4

Scout also has him with the same offers, but he is listed at 6'4" 220 lb TE.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6069625

You can never have too many athletes. Great teams stockpile talent. We'll be able to ground and pound and spread it out, what a nightmare to defend.

• Upvote 1

You can never have too many athletes. Great teams stockpile talent. We'll be able to ground and pound and spread it out, what a nightmare to defend.

While I don't disagree with your point at all and we did recently have a shortage of WRs, there are only so many scholarships available and the team certainly has other needs. As homer pointed out, it could be that Fletcher is coming in as a safety. That would make more sense - very nice size for that position!

It appears that UND has an offer out to a LB from Nevada that was on our interest list. LB Jared Tuiliagi Henderson, NevadaLiberty 6'1" 217 4.8 I've had my eye on him for a bit, and think he would be a great addition. Has offers from San Diego and Texas Southern. http://rivals.yahoo....prN08zRsTNIPZB4 Scout also has him with the same offers, but he is listed at 6'4" 220 lb TE. http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6069625

A couple of other sources have him at 6'2", 220. He played some TE - caught about one pass per game. I would guess we are interested in him as a LB.

IMO, I'd be happy with 4 playmaking wide receivers in this class if we can get them and they are worth it. Position changes are always an option for athletes like that and the odds of all of them making it and staying on the team all 4 or 5 years as WRs are probably pretty low. Plus we could end up losing current players to grades or injury etc. Attrition is just a reality nowadays.

I guess I don't have a big problem with it. Finding great playmaking WRs can make an average QB look pretty good. Maybe next year they don't take any WRs or only 1?

Lets be fair and honest, our offense hasn't exactly been lighting up the scoreboard lately. The QB and WR positions in this class should definitely help the future of the offense.

I'm interested and excited to see how we "close" on the end of this class before signing day.

I would not be surprised to learn the coach's evaluation of the WR corps is not the same as ours.

Might be a silly question, but does anyone know if recruiting folks at UND do searches for high school athletes who are interested in aviation? I would think maybe we could land an athlete every so often who would be out of our normal reach, but wants to be a pilot without going the service academy route. With the Roebuck announcement I'm just reminded of the back to back to back D2 titles in WBB, that probably wouldn't have happened without a Jenny Crouse, who came here because of aviation.

He doesn't have a rivals or scout page, so he wasn't on any of our amateur lists. I did find a rivals article about him (from October), but I don't have a membership so I can't read it. Maybe someone who has a membership can let us in on what it says. Looking for some other articles, he appears to be a WR & DB. 6'0" 185 pounds.

http://highschool.ri...=&tid=&mid==

Also, they play Jer's old team on a yearly basis, so these two probably knew each other prior so that may have been a connection.

It appears that Ryan Cain does in fact now have a rivals page that popped up, and he had offers from Northern Iowa and USD. It's not showing his UND commitment yet, however.

http://rivals.yahoo....ElbFhzCL0FIPZB4