SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs DULUTH

AZSIOUX

Does anyone know if Malone will be playing Friday? I have been watching wcha.com and some of the league news, but haven't heard anything. I would assume he would be playing simply because the hit "appeared" to be clean. However, I know after most of those game misconducts they end up following up with a game suspension. Has anyone heard anything on this?

I'll be heading out to western ND to hunt. If anyone finds if/out what channel the games will be on Dish Network, please post it.

Split...would be suprised if we got more than 2 points this coming weekend.

No dishnetwork. Directtv, local cable (if they have midco where you are going, or find somewhere with an FTA system. Where are you hunting, the Southwest for deer?

Does anyone know if Malone will be playing Friday? I have been watching wcha.com and some of the league news, but haven't heard anything. I would assume he would be playing simply because the hit "appeared" to be clean. However, I know after most of those game misconducts they end up following up with a game suspension. Has anyone heard anything on this?

An article on TSN says the incident is "still under review" by the WCHA. Going on past history, I'd say he gets a game. Just my opinion.

Especially if they are still reviewing it... and you know... they do give game suspensions for "trying to fight" these days... :silly:

Thanks Sodbuster. I should have given myself an extra day.Flying into Grand Forks from Philadelphia at 2:30 Friday and leaving Sunday at 1:00.Two hockey games and one football game within 24 hours !!! Can't wait.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX !!!---BEAT MINNESOTA-DULUTH and CAL-DAVIS !!!

An article on TSN says the incident is "still under review" by the WCHA. Going on past history, I'd say he gets a game. Just my opinion.

Especially if they are still reviewing it... and you know... they do give game suspensions for "trying to fight" these days... :silly:

exactly, when mario gets a game for shadow boxing how the hell can you expect malone not to be suspended. im sure the ruling will come today as the sioux have to know for their sake vs duluth. the wcha is a joke when it comes to these things, we all know this so i dont mean to beat a dead horse but its a joke! suspension or not i always love the duluth series but if malone is out someone else needs to step up and that goes down the line. lets smack them around a bit and contain that top line. fontaine-connolly-connolly are damn talented and tough to stop. play very physical and get that friday win! go sioux

duluth is very good but they havent played a team as talented up and down like north dakota yet so this should be a hell of a hockey series at the ralph

AZSioux,

If you are up in North Dakota this weekend,come over and say hello. Friday night I will be in section 107,row H. Can't wait for my first games at The Ralph !

if i do make it i will for sure come say hi. not sure on this weekend yet. have a great time! go sioux

Does anybody know what is up with Forbert? Illness lasting 2 weeks, does he have mono or something?

it is the rumor that's been going around. I hope it's not going around... though with Mac out with illness now ... i don't know.

And then I read one of the Gopher d-men is out with mono in addition to Bjugstad so I'm starting to wonder...

it is the rumor that's been going around. I hope it's not going around... though with Mac out with illness now ... i don't know.

And then I read one of the Gopher d-men is out with mono in addition to Bjugstad so I'm starting to wonder...

I believe at least 2 Denver players were out with mono as well. Seems to be going around.

A split works for me this weekend, although I have my doubts.

Also, if Gregoire could figure out how to score consistently when he gets the puck down low and it's just him and the goaltender basically, we wouldn't lose a game. The guy works so hard and gets himself into such good position, but doesn't seem to have the finishing portion down quite yet. I think it's just a bit of anxiousness about wanting to make sure he gets the shot off.

I wonder if the Sioux given a suspension and then appealed? It will be interesting to see how long he is suspended. McLown really put himself in a corner last year by saying he really doesn' t like to give more than a one game suspension and there is a threshold that has to be crossed to get more than a game.

I wonder if the Sioux given a suspension and then appealed? It will be interesting to see how long he is suspended. McLown really put himself in a corner last year by saying he really doesn' t like to give more than a one game suspension and there is a threshold that has to be crossed to get more than a game.

Well, even a THIEF has to draw the line somewhere...

I'd guess that if Malone were suspended more than 2 games then UND would look at appealing. Otherwise, if the suspension occurs, I'd see no appeal at all.

Has there been any news on TV for this weekend yet? I have to work Friday night so I need to set my DVR.

on Directv

617 Friday night

623 Saturday afternoon (fb game at noon)

625 Saturday night

the guide finally updated tonight

Why are some of you suggesting that Malone might be suspended. NHL Analysts and even the recepient have declared the hit as being completely legal within current hockey rules. A suspension would strongly indicate that the WCHA membership must press for a leadership change.

Why are some of you suggesting that Malone might be suspended. NHL Analysts and even the recepient have declared the hit as being completely legal within current hockey rules. A suspension would strongly indicate that the WCHA membership must press for a leadership change.

I agree. I think the 5 Maj and Game DQ were enough, and were done partly to keep the game from getting out of control as well. Malone got his punishment and should be on the ice Friday.

3pts for the Sioux this weekend.

• Upvote 1

I agree. I think the 5 Maj and Game DQ were enough, and were done partly to keep the game from getting out of control as well. Malone got his punishment and should be on the ice Friday.

3pts for the Sioux this weekend.

I also think that it is ridiculous to wait until Thursday to let a team know if a player is suspended. Either make the decision quickly on Monday or Tuesday but after that there should not be a decision that effects the team for that coming weekend. They are trying to prepare and having that unknown must be hard on the players and coaches.

• Upvote 4

Split please.

UMD has played godawful at the Nazi Bunker. I hope they will reverse this trend like they have against other teams this year.

Bidco you're not going to win any friends making classless comments like that here. This isn't the Penalty Box.

Edited by Goon
  • Upvote 1