SiouxSports.com Forum

Lamar @ UND

SiouxMD

Sioux are up 14-6 with time winding down in the first half. Had the ball at the 25, but a personal foul is sending them back to the 41 yard line. So, they have taken another stupid penalty to take them out of FG range - now Miller is going to attempt a 58 yard FG. Had the distance but wide left. Lamar will get a few plays to try to score.

Jake Miller getting some carries. Wondering why Goska is still in - this could be time to get Hendrickson or Nichols some game experience. The Sioux have over 400 yards, and they are at the Lamar 35. And Jake Miller with a 25 yard gain down to the 10.

Even though the Sioux won, I have a feeling that this game is the "Pottersville" of our football future - what might be if we don't get things rolling in this program. A so-so team playing in front of a small, uninspired crowd with a non-exhistant student section. The Big Sky will help give us opponents that are actually of interest, but we need some excitement about this program. I'm not trying to put down today's win, just thinking that next year needs to be better. Think it can't happen here - look at the once proud men's basketball program.

Even though the Sioux won, I have a feeling that this game is the "Pottersville" of our football future - what might be if we don't get things rolling in this program. A so-so team playing in front of a small, uninspired crowd with a non-exhistant student section. The Big Sky will help give us opponents that are actually of interest, but we need some excitement about this program. I'm not trying to put down today's win, just thinking that next year needs to be better. Think it can't happen here - look at the once proud men's basketball program.

I share your concerns, but I think in a couple of years we will have a solid FCS foundation built and things will get better. Having a conference home will help with attendance and recruiting and then we'll find out if Mussman is the man to turn this around. We cannot allow the football program to sag into perpetual 3-7, 4-6 mediocrity and I think that Faison understands that.

I was at the game, will be at hockey tonight, was at hockey last night. No excuse for students not to show up.

Great win by the Sioux, I am really excited to be in the Big Sky. I was looking at the Great West banner at the Alerus, and had a really happy feeling that it will be gone soon, and replaced by a Big Sky banner.

Exciting times ahead for UND football.

• Upvote 1

I was at the game, will be at hockey tonight, was at hockey last night. No excuse for students not to show up.

Great win by the Sioux, I am really excited to be in the Big Sky. I was looking at the Great West banner at the Alerus, and had a really happy feeling that it will be gone soon, and replaced by a Big Sky banner.

Exciting times ahead for UND football.

A noon kickoff is way too early for students, especially the night after a hockey game. A losing record and a playing Lamar - which most students except the few from Texas have ever heard of - dampens the enthusiasm even more.

Sounded like Goska did well!

A noon kickoff is way too early for students, especially the night after a hockey game. A losing record and a playing Lamar - which most students except the few from Texas have ever heard of - dampens the enthusiasm even more.

Sounded like Goska did well!

Whaaaat? Way too early, come on! If they are studying Saturday morning fine, but surely the hangovers should be gone by noon! Look at Wisconsin and most of the other Big 10 schools, they often start at 11 am for TV and are all just having a ball. No excuse, FB is part of the college experience. Once this program is in a conference and playoff eligible this trend should change. I cannot remember anything in GF that was more enjoyable than Sioux sports and I am sure it has not changed that much. I graduated in 4 years from engineering school there, did my share of imbibing, and never missed a FB, Hockey, or BB game in all 4 years. Come on, these are the best years of your life, enjoy them, don't sleep thru them!