Conference: NCAA Division II Lone Star North Conference

Athletic Website: http://www.goriverhawksgo.com/

Potato Bowl week lineup:

Wednesday, September 15:

Chip Giveaway - Columbia Mall

Thursday, September 16:

Chip Giveaway - Community Bank of the RRV-all bank locations

11:00 am-1:00 pm - Baked Potato Bar will be served at all Hugo's Locations

5:00 pm - French Fry Feed (sponsored by Simplot)– includes World's Largest French Fry Feed, hotdog/soda stands, large inflatable games, meet the Sioux athletes, potato picking contest, live music, meet the Sioux Fall sports teams, and NEW this year, a French fry eating contest – University Park

8:00 pm - Rydell Fireworks Display and Pep Rally – Memorial Stadium (tune into Lite Rock 104.3 for choreographed fireworks music)

Friday, September 17:

12:00 pm - Sioux Booster Luncheon - Alerus Center

11:00 am-1:00 pm - Baked Potato Bar will be served at all Hugo's Locations

6:00 pm - Hugo's Tater Trot 1 Mile Race (Riverside Park - Grand Forks, ND)

6:30 pm - Hugo's Potato Bowl 8 K Race (Riverside Park - Grand Forks, ND)

Saturday, September 18:

7:30 - 10:30 am - GF Rotary Club Pancake Breakfast - Grand Forks Central School

7:30 am-1:00 pm - Sons of Norway Potato Pancake Breakfast - 1401 9th Ave South

9:30 am - Jaycees Potato Bowl Parade

12:00 pm (noon) – Potato Bowl tailgate party – Alerus Center parking lot

4:00 pm – 45th Annual Potato Bowl Football game, UND vs. Northeastern State

Be sure to take in some of the festivities going on this week and support our community and team!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I was at the French Fry Feed it was held on the Bronson Property by the REA. I would say it was the mid 1990's. It was a blast. I hope Simplot can break the record for most fries again. Me and the kids will be at the parade and then the game, we may even grab some food from the tailgating before the game. I can't wait!!!!

Per the Coach's Show tonight, Curtis Dublanko has a bad shoulder and likely will not play.

Jarrell Davis and Jon Heimler are both back practicing this week. Davis will likely sit out another week until the Northwestern St. game. Sounds like Heimler may be available this weekend.

Coach Mussman was a bit disappointed in how the team practiced today.............

Where do you guys want to see the most improvement in the team this week?

Defensively i think we need to shore up tackling.

Offensively we need a second threat at WR. Dressler, anderson and mcgill only have 9 catches and 69 yards between them.

anybody have any insight on what the new intro is gonna be? I'm excited to see it this weekend.

Offensively we need a second threat at WR. Dressler, anderson and mcgill only have 9 catches and 69 yards between them.

anybody have any insight on what the new intro is gonna be? I'm excited to see it this weekend.

I agree that we need someone else to step in at receiver and be a contributor. Otherwise, if Hardin continues to excel, opponents will just key on him, like they did against Bamba last year, although Konrath was a better second option than anything we apparently have right now.

Overall, the defense is what needs to improve the most. The offense takes most of the criticism, but the pass D was lit up against Idaho, and the run D was torched against NIU. The offense was actually fairly efficient in both games, save for the plethora of turnovers in the Idaho game.

I want to see Landry have a big day no INT's no fumbles big numbers and a perfect QB rating.

I agree that we need someone else to step in at receiver and be a contributor. Otherwise, if Hardin continues to excel, opponents will just key on him, like they did against Bamba last year, although Konrath was a better second option than anything we apparently have right now.

I agree. This may not be a politically correct opinion, but my feeling is that aside from Davis, who hasn't gotten a shot yet as a receiver, the juniors and seniors have been given ample opportunity to produce over the past 13 games, and for the most part haven't come through. That's not to say they can't contribute as blockers and as special teams players, but it's highly unlikely that they'll ever be legitimate playmakers at receiver. This isn't 2003 anymore, where we could simply plug in the next guy in line and he'd produce. We're now mostly playing against the kind of competition that requires a certain level of ability to succeed, and for the most part, the only ones on the roster with that kind of ability at the receiver positions are the young players. I'd like to see more of McGill, and maybe see what Heimler can do if he's healthy.

UND is playing a school that they should beat. What I want to see is a lot of guys getting playing time in the fourth quarter because the score is out of reach. Some people may hate playing a DII school, but its a great opportunity for a lot of guys to get important reps for the future.

Nobody really remembers the records during these transition years, lets just get better!

Excited for this game. Bought tickets yesterday, the ticket lady said they had sold a lot of tickets, but a good number remain for the "walkup" crowd today.

Come out and support the SIOUX! I am excited to see the new gameday atmosphere, enjoy a beer, and see some long touchdowns for the good guys!