SiouxSports.com Forum

2010 Potato Bowl

dakotadan

A few thoughts:

-I liked the new pre-game video montage. Nice job whomever put that together.

-Hendrickson is a maniac on kick coverage, with at least four huge hits. He's also really come on strong as a linebacker.

-Hardin is a stud.

-Was it just me, or did lifting Miller's red-shirt based upon what appeared to be Sutton getting his bell rung seem a little strange? If Sutton is good to go for next week, then how does the decision look?

-I like Mackey as a corner. I believe he got his second straight start opposite Hawkins.

-I'd like to see Mersereau return punts instead of Murray. Murray is too valuable to risk injury, and Mersereau did a great job last year.

-Zeb Miller has quite a leg on kickoffs--one of the best I've seen at UND.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the place goin dark-- the band marchin with the flashing lights--very cool, the opening videos and the way we played, and not to mention tailgating. Pretty good day. It's good to see that the Athletic department is trying to make it more of an experience. It's tough to keep energy in the building when you're throttling the opponent early, but hopefully the atmosphere will continue to build.

-Sutton had his shoulder all wrapped up after he came out of the game.

-Zeb Miller got some good experience today, and he looked good through-out, except for the missed 50 yarder which I think he was trying to hard to make sure he was gonna have distance and kind of shanked it. Hopefully turns out to be the next in a long line of quality kickers here.

-I liked what I saw from last year's LB recruiting class, especially Goodman and Andrews

-Goodman may have sprained an ankle, Chris Hall may have fractured his foot, and Mitch Kudrna must have took a nasty shot to the head, possibly a concussion?

-I know it wasn't the highest caliber opponent, but it was nice to see Sack City have a population growth................didn't it take us like 4 games in 2008 against sub-DI opponents to register the first sack of the year?

-I liked everything about the new intro except for the part with Cory Colehour and Rob Bollinger's little monologues..........I know and respect their place in UND history, but didn't think a pregame hype-it-up video was a place for an interview.

-It is obvious that the most glaring concern of the program is the new baton-twirler.............she had several drops.

-Hardin and Murray are invaluable assets on the offensive side of the ball

-I don't remember the exact figure, but attendance was announced at something like 9,728

-Hopefully this game is what UND needs to build confidence and get the ball rolling on the rest of the season. Nice to see lots of players get lots of reps.

-Sutton had his shoulder all wrapped up after he came out of the game.

-Goodman may have sprained an ankle, Chris Hall may have fractured his foot, and Mitch Kudrna must have took a nasty shot to the head, possibly a concussion?

Strangely ironic that we come out of back-to-back FBS games in almost perfect health, only to suffer a slew of injuries against a pretty weak dII team.

in review of the box score, Landry managed a good game.

He was 10-14-0 with 145 yards and 1 touchdown. He also threw a nice 50+ yard bomb to Hardin.

I was critical of Landry after the Idaho game, so i thought it was only fair to compliment him on his play in this game. What the Sioux do need from him is consistency, especially going into FCS play (I-AA for DaveK).

Good luck the rest of the year, Jake.

We left just before the end of the 3rd Qtr when it was 48-0. Reminded me of the old UND-UM Crookston games. I wish the Sioux could play like this for the rest of the year. Their offense showed the speed and the atmosphere was good even if 9700 people were there...lots of empty seats on the visiting side by end zones. The intro was pretty good as for halftime the band was good but the twiriler had a bad day she dropped the baton thing a lot. Felt bad for her. My kids loved the parade they got so much candy. They can't wait for next years parade and game.