SiouxSports.com Forum

Dear Governor Hoeven

Fetch

mailto:governor@nd.gov

Help save the Fighting Sioux Name & Logo

Want to be the Next Senator of ND ? Do what you can to keep the Fighting Sioux Name & Logo - Do the right thing & Lead these Lost people, who have messed up & are confused or misinformed. (or just ignorant)

As the leader of our State, we are looking for you to let the people of Standing Rock have their say.

There are people who do not understand how passionate so many people are about this problem

Give the Fighting Sioux Fans / Supporters some hope

I want to support you, but between Pheasantgate & now this - I'm puzzled by your lack of good sense & how you can be lead astray by minorities & special interest groups, from what so many North Dakotans feel are important issues.

Sure many think this is not that important - BUT IT IS - If you are going to ignore the will of the people now - What will Washington DC do to you ?

Please listen to this Letter http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/157866

or http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/imag...0Gov.%20Hoeven/

mailto:governor@nd.gov

N.D. gov says he'll look at Fighting Sioux appeal

Gov. John Hoeven says he'll review a letter from some Spirit Lake Sioux tribal members who want his help in keeping the University of North Dakota's Fighting Sioux nickname. .....

Hoeven wouldn't say whether he would approach board members directly on the issue. He says he'd like the board to work things out.

State Board of Higher Education President Richie Smith says he'd be surprised if Hoeven intervened.

Not really the candidate he is running against is down big time and is basically a sacrificial lamb and has no real chance of beating Hoven

True enough, but there will be other elections and we know politicians love to be in there for life! If JH does nothing then I vote for Tracy Potter...plain and simple. Do you think the AG has a chance next election? How about the other two biggies running that keep running from this issue....won't vote for them either. They all act like they shouldn't get involved but the fact is, this is a people of ND issue....like it or not. Get with it Hoeven, it's time to act!

True enough, but there will be other elections and we know politicians love to be in there for life! If JH does nothing then I vote for Tracy Potter...plain and simple. Do you think the AG has a chance next election?

You know I did vote for our current AG but I am not all that happy with him, I could just leave his spot blank the next time he comes up for re-election.

You know I did vote for our current AG but I am not all that happy with him, I could just leave his spot blank the next time he comes up for re-election.

I agree with that for sure. Unfortunately, without a viable third party out there, the knob on the Democratic side would be far, far worse. Say what you want about the AG (I am very disappointed, too), but he did get 3 years and I bet any Democrat who would have otherwise held the office would have done absolutely nothing.

Asking Hoeven for help won't do anything. If he doesn't have the opportunity to take credit for someone else's work or in the process, his hands are tied.

In fact, check out this quote from Hoeven's spokesman Don Canton (via Grand Forks Herald):

Last night I attended the opening of the Wacipi powwow, then at nine, I went and marched in support of the nickname. Archie Fool Bear and others from the Standing Rock reservation were at the front of the march, along with members of Spirit Lake. I have no doubt that a vote at Standing Rock will mirror Spirit Lake's vote. The SBoHE has now reversed the roles, the Indians are now the entities lobbying for the nickname and the majority of them need to be heard. This is not a done deal. Archie Fool Bear further explained the sacred 1969 pipe and prayer ceremony that gave the name to the University of North Dakota. Summit League or no Summit League, and SBoHE or no SBoHE, the Fighting Sioux will not be "officially retired", especially when the powers that be have already determined that the 2010-2011 year will continue to

be the Fighting Sioux. This controversy is just shifting into the next gear, so Kelley and Faison take a deep breath, cause your politically correct personas are about to be

tested. Kelley was present at the powwow, and he and his wife as honorees had to dance, it was killing him, his discomfort was obvious, what a phoney.

I agree with that for sure. Unfortunately, without a viable third party out there, the knob on the Democratic side would be far, far worse. Say what you want about the AG (I am very disappointed, too), but he did get 3 years and I bet any Democrat who would have otherwise held the office would have done absolutely nothing.

You know I think you're right, he might be the least of two evils.