SiouxSports.com Forum

SBoHE

brekdawg

Figured I would post e-mail contact information for anyone who feels a need to express their feelings about the recent decision to those who made the decision :lol:

SBoHE contacts

Richie Smith - Richard.E.Smith.2@ndus.edu

Jon Backes - Jon.Backes@ndus.edu

Sue Andrews - Sue.Andrews@ndus.edu

Duaine Espegard - Duaine.Espegard@ndus.edu

Rachelle Hadland - Rachelle.Hadland@ndus.edu

Michael Haugen- Michael.Haugen@ndus.edu

Grant Shaft - Grant.Shaft@ndus.edu

Jon Jackson - Jon.Jackson@ndus.edu

Please, if you write, remember that what you write will represent your point of view. Write tactfully and thoughtfully, and you stand a chance of making an impression. Write ugly/vulgar, and you will probably cement in their mind that getting rid of the nickname was the best thing to do.

Just my opinion.

Probably just as good a word as JBB's been putting in for us. :glare:

That guy seems a little off, I can't believe he thinks that if a bunch of Bison Fans write Doulpe a letter that someone how the Summit will decide not to

accept us.

Figured I would post e-mail contact information for anyone who feels a need to express their feelings about the recent decision to those who made the decision :glare:

SBoHE contacts

Richie Smith - Richard.E.Smith.2@ndus.edu

Jon Backes - Jon.Backes@ndus.edu

Sue Andrews - Sue.Andrews@ndus.edu

Duaine Espegard - Duaine.Espegard@ndus.edu

Rachelle Hadland - Rachelle.Hadland@ndus.edu

Michael Haugen- Michael.Haugen@ndus.edu

Grant Shaft - Grant.Shaft@ndus.edu

Jon Jackson - Jon.Jackson@ndus.edu

Hey thanks for posting these e-mail addresses! I just e-mailed all of them to thank them for thier courageous decision!! Pidamaya, again.

Thanks for the links in your blog, Goon. Knew that Kelley and Faison were pushing SBoHE hard behind the scenes, but hadn't heard the evidence until this interview.

Grand Shaft interview - Kelley and Faison have been lobbying SBoHE hard to drop the nickname

Yeah Whistler was the one that got me the link to the interview. I couldn't believe what I was hearing when listened to the interview.

I listened to it twice... From listening to the interview it does appear that the president and the AD begged them to kill the name so

they could get into their little mid major conference.

Yeah Whistler was the one that got me the link to the interview. I couldn't believe what I was hearing when listened to the interview.

I listened to it twice... From listening to the interview it does appear that the president and the AD begged them to kill the name so

they could get into their little mid major conference.

Kelley and Faison (even though he is a "nice" guy) may have just become the most despised President and AD in UND history.

Loved how Kelley talked in his on-campus forum about how the Board "felt" this and Board "felt" that.

All for a six month jump on the Summit league?

They had better have more answers than that. Does the NCAA have a vendetta against us? Is that the reason?

Or how this is such an important civil rights issue that Standing Rock must be denied a voice?

Or that somehow "divisive" issues are not to be tolerated? How tolerant!

Could anyone imagine what kind of reception those two will receive if and when the Sioux nickname is retired?

I'm writing some more letters.

Kelley and Faison (even though he is a "nice" guy) may have just become the most despised President and AD in UND history.

Loved how Kelley talked in his on-campus forum about how the Board "felt" this and Board "felt" that.

They had better have more answers than that. Does the NCAA have a vendetta against us? Is that the reason?

Or how this is such an important civil rights issue that Standing Rock must be denied a voice?

Here is the funny thing that they didn't need to do anything till June when the Summit league was going to meet.

So they jumped the gun as well. The thing that concerned me was Kelly's statement on how he was now going to

contact the Summit League on Friday. According to Brad's Twitter, the Summit league commish won't even return

their calls. Something is not right here.

Here is the funny thing that they didn't need to do anything till June when the Summit league was going to meet.

So they jumped the gun as well. The thing that concerned me was Kelly's statement on how he was now going to

contact the Summit League on Friday. According to Brad's Twitter, the Summit league commish won't even return

their calls. Something is not right here.

Yeah that Doulpe guy hasn't been heard for three or four months. Boy if UND doesn't get into the Summit League Kelley and Faison are going to look like big time dbags.

Could anyone imagine what kind of reception those two will receive if and when the Sioux nickname is retired?

Your saying that the NA's on the SRN had thier civil rights denied because of this issue? Thats an insult to all NA's! NA's have been the victims of horrible, atrocious civil rights abuses since 1492 and you dare to put this in that category? Shame on you. You need to take a step back and reevaluate this whole issue.

Your saying that the NA's on the SRN had thier civil rights denied because of this issue? Thats an insult to all NA's! NA's have been the victims of horrible, atrocious civil rights abuses since 1492 and you dare to put this in that category? Shame on you. You need to take a step back and reevaluate this whole issue.

Absolutely, Standing Rock members have been so far denied their voting rights (by a white SBoHE, cheerleaded on by the UND President, the AD, and an almost entirely white faculty). The very issue the NCAA wanted was for NA's to have a voice, yet you want those voices silenced because they don't agree with you.

Are you beginning to grasp the hypocrisy of your own views? Attend some logic classes.

Quite revealing how you play the guilt emotion card. The anti-nickname faculty at UND play it all the time. It's also emotional-based reasoning rather than logic.

Absolutely, Standing Rock members have been so far denied their voting rights (by a white SBoHE, cheerleaded on by the UND President, the AD, and an almost entirely white faculty). The very issue the NCAA wanted was for NA's to have a voice, yet you want those voices silenced because they don't agree with you.

Are you beginning to grasp the hypocrisy of your own views? Attend some logic classes.

Quite revealing how you play the guilt emotion card. The anti-nickname faculty at UND play it all the time. It's also emotional-based reasoning rather than logic.

Applying logic to this issue will only serve to confuse people like 4windsboy... :glare:

The anti-Sioux name folks have been stirring up racial divisiveness for years to accomplish what they've done. Can they be any more disgusting.

The fact of the matter is that the GF/UND community and Spirit Lake and presumably the Standing Rock are all of one mind. We love the name and logo. Let's keep that in mind and remember who it is that's trying to divide the races.

Hear! Hear!

Never mind if Kelley strengthens research activity, builds new facilities for both academics and athletics, keeps a balanced budget and increases the national profile of the university nationwide....who cares about all that bulls**t!?!

He retired the nickname! He's got to go!!!!11

:glare:

Hear! Hear!

Never mind if Kelley strengthens research activity, builds new facilities for both academics and athletics, keeps a balanced budget and increases the national profile of the university nationwide....who cares about all that bulls**t!?!

He retired the nickname! He's got to go!!!!11

:glare:

Not that he's done any of that or looks to be capable of doing any of that.

Careful, your "Master's" degree is showing. :glare:

I keep hearing how faculty at UND are possibly as much responsible for anti-nickname protests and the like at UND. Just out of curiosity, can someone fill me in on just who some of these faculty might be. Was it pretty much limited to the English Department or were there other factors as well?

I keep hearing how faculty at UND are possibly as much responsible for anti-nickname protests and the like at UND. Just out of curiosity, can someone fill me in on just who some of these faculty might be. Was it pretty much limited to the English Department or were there other factors as well?

I have heard the Art Department and some History Department members have spoken out. According to the biographies on the State Board of Higher Education webpage, board member John Jackson is a UND faculty member in the Anatomy Department.

Not that he's done any of that or looks to be capable of doing any of that.

actually he helped to bring about the updating of the Education Building, a building that has needed updating since about the mid 1990s. Not to agree with MPLSBison on all fronts, but you can't say that he hasn't done anything in his terms here and he does have great ideas for the University as a whole in the long term.

I do not know the whole story of what went on between him, Faison, and the SBoHE and I am not going to proclaim to do so....but from what I know of Kelley having met him and had conversations with him....I wouldn't say that he has been a horrible choice for the campus community.

actually he helped to bring about the updating of the Education Building, a building that has needed updating since about the mid 1990s. Not to agree with MPLSBison on all fronts, but you can't say that he hasn't done anything in his terms here and he does have great ideas for the University as a whole in the long term.

My source says that project was planned very sloppily and they're running short of cash (perhaps up to 1.2 million dollars).

It was funded with stimulus dollars so it isn't that the money wasn't there to be had.

The building was no great shakes when I was in school and it hadn't had a thing done to it in recent years. So I'll grant you that one way or another there was a problem.

Now I haven't been able to run down the story so I haven't blogged on it. But I think there's some serious questions if that's how Kelley handled it.