SiouxSports.com Forum

SBoHE

brekdawg

My source says that project was planned very sloppily and they're running short of cash (perhaps up to 1.2 million dollars).

It was funded with stimulus dollars so it isn't that the money wasn't there to be had.

The building was no great shakes when I was in school and it hadn't had a thing done to it in recent years. So I'll grant you that one way or another there was a problem.

Now I haven't been able to run down the story so I haven't blogged on it. But I think there's some serious questions if that's how Kelley handled it.

there is a committee in charge of it, I actually know several of the people on the committee...the plan on the website does not look that sloppy, but I can see that we are going to have to agree to disagree. I have my opinions and you have yours.

My source says that project was planned very sloppily and they're running short of cash (perhaps up to 1.2 million dollars).

It was funded with stimulus dollars so it isn't that the money wasn't there to be had.

The building was no great shakes when I was in school and it hadn't had a thing done to it in recent years. So I'll grant you that one way or another there was a problem.

Now I haven't been able to run down the story so I haven't blogged on it. But I think there's some serious questions if that's how Kelley handled it.

Keep in mind that education doesn't produce anyone who ends up with deep pockets (at least from teaching) so there is no benefactor to even name the building after.

there is a committee in charge of it, I actually know several of the people on the committee...the plan on the website does not look that sloppy, but I can see that we are going to have to agree to disagree. I have my opinions and you have yours.

Well I have only the one source and as I said haven't confirmed it (haven't had the time).

I will say that a plan on a website can look pretty good. Whether or not that project actually goes smoothly is where the skate hits the ice.

Did they have the funding in line before they started the project?

Your saying that the NA's on the SRN had thier civil rights denied because of this issue? Thats an insult to all NA's! NA's have been the victims of horrible, atrocious civil rights abuses since 1492 and you dare to put this in that category? Shame on you. You need to take a step back and reevaluate this whole issue.

Exactly how many civil rights abuses have you been party to since 1492?

Nice sig line by the way. The blacks enslaved their own people by selling rival tribes to slave traders and the indians helped the white man hunt down and kill their own people, kinda ironic, doncha think?