SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Practice

jnmb422

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When does spring practice start and when is the spring game?

I believe spring practice was supposed to have started March 30th last year, but was pushed back a few days due to weather. Based on that, presumably it will start March 29th or so, weather permitting. The spring game was April 25th last year, so I'm assuming it may be on the last Saturday in April again this year.

When does spring practice start and when is the spring game?

From Wayne's blog:

UND is scheduled to open spring football practice Monday, weather permitting. The annual spring game is set for April 24 in the Alerus Center.

One other football note: UND's season opener at Idaho will be on Sept. 2, a Thursday. The game originally was scheduled for Sept. 4.

The game times for the opener and the Sept. 11 game at Northern Illinois have not yet been set.

Still no word on an 11th game for the 2010 season.

UND football: Sioux hit the field: No-huddle offense makes its debut at first UND spring practice

I'm a little concerned about going to a no-huddle offense...............it seemed to me that the defense was on the field way to much last year as it was.

The article talks about RBs Sutton and Murray "and kids coming into the program next year". I am a little surprised (and disappointed) that there was no mention of Binns. I had hoped he was going to be another stud at RB!

The article talks about RBs Sutton and Murray "and kids coming into the program next year". I am a little surprised (and disappointed) that there was no mention of Sims. I had hoped he was going to be another stud at RB!

I think Binns is included in that statement. In another article Coach Mussman had mentioned how important it was going to be to get the 20 freshmen who redshirted up to speed now that they are in the position to start getting some reps. In the same article he mentioned there may be some redshirts pulled on next years freshmen but it was when talking about WR if I remember correctly.

I haven't heard anything about a transfer, but I know his brother plays there.

If he is worried about not going to get playing time at UND, he sure as heck is not going to get playing time at Iowa. They have running backs 6-8 deep and the academics are just as tough or tougher. Too bad if it is true, hope he stays cuz he will get playing time sooner or later.

And in today's age recruits are beginning to speed up their classes so they can graduate early. This allows them to begin taking college classes in the spring semester. I don't know if UND or NDSU has had recruits do this, but it is something we are beginning to see in college athletics.

Ethan Magstadt ruptured his achilles, and is likely out for this upcoming season: http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/arti...0/group/Sports/

With Binns allegedly leaving, the running back position isn't as deep as it appeared it would be. I suspect that could mean Breon Butler may not red-shirt.

That is a bad injury, I ruptured my achilles about 5 years ago and it's a very slow recovery.

Are you guys having practices or what? Not much info in this thread about it. 1 article posted from the Herald, which I couldn't read, about a no huddle offense and that's it. I may not be a Sioux football fan but I still like to see what sort of team you guys are fielding this year. College hockey is over and you're not playing the Bison this year, so let's see some updates. Thanks.