SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Practice

jnmb422

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have info on the scrimmage today...ie what time, where, and if it's open to the public? Thanks...

From Memorial Stadium:

"We wanted to let everyone know that the team is having a scrimmage tomorrow (April 17th) at Memorial Stadium at 1:00"

It is open to the public. Check it out and let us know how it goes.

From Memorial Stadium:

"We wanted to let everyone know that the team is having a scrimmage tomorrow (April 17th) at Memorial Stadium at 1:00"

It is open to the public. Check it out and let us know how it goes.

Thanks...if I do get the chance to make it over there, I will post some thoughts afterwards.

I got there for the last 10 minutes and was introduced to Mr. Murray as he chatted with others on the sidelines. He assured me he would be on the field next fall and ready to go. At the very least it shows desire and intent to get things in order.

I went to watch the scrimmage too for a bit as I was biking by and decided to enter to watch. Couple observations

Landry only player in red shirt.... dk why they want to protect him so much... is he that brittle?

Goska had a lot of nic eplays when i was their....looked 5 times bete than landry IMO

Goodman is going to have digger anderson numbers when he leaves here

O line looked good against he siox good D line

no bamba their or maybe i jsut missed him

townsend (sp?) looked really good too... one dropped ball that i saw

I went to watch the scrimmage too for a bit as I was biking by and decided to enter to watch. Couple observations

Landry only player in red shirt.... dk why they want to protect him so much... is he that brittle?

Goska had a lot of nic eplays when i was their....looked 5 times bete than landry IMO

O line looked good against he siox good D line

no bamba their or maybe i jsut missed him

townsend (sp?) looked really good too... one dropped ball that i saw

This is the only word you're concerned about spelling wrong??? :silly:

Thanks for the info...I wasn't able to make it over as I was hoping to.

Hoping Goska gets a lot of quality playing time. He could really open up the offense, even for Landry's deep ball.

We need game changers in the LB corps: going to the true 3-4 seems to indicate the coaching staff has confidence that Goodman and the other redshirt LB's can really step up.

prolly wont ever post my observations here agian if im getting rediculed for typing errors. kinda hard when ur this old and still learning the ins and outs of a computer

I don't know if you were serious in your response. Either way - keep posting!!

prolly wont ever post my observations here agian if im getting rediculed for typing errors. kinda hard when ur this old and still learning the ins and outs of a computer

Hey gfhockey, just joking around a bit thus the wink. I do appreciate you posting your observations and hope you continue doing so!

Information for the Spring Game:

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.d...TCLID=204929426

GRAND FORKS, N.D. - Former University of North Dakota football captains Scott Schultz and Tim Tibesar will join the Fighting Sioux at this year's Canad Inn Sioux Spring Football Game. The annual game is slated to begin at 1 p.m., Saturday, April 24 at the Alerus Center.

Schultz and Tibesar will be available for autographs* from 11:30-12:30 p.m. on the concourse.

A defensive lineman from 1997-2000 and a captain his senior year, Schultz was a two-year member of the North Central All-conference first team and in 2000 was named to the D2Football.com second team and the Associated Press Little All-America third team. He is currently ranked ninth all-time at UND in career sacks (13.5).

In 2007, Schultz helped the Saskatchewan Roughriders win the coveted Canadian League Football Grey Cup.

A linebacker from 1993-96, Tibesar captained both the 1995 and 1996 squads and in those years was named to the NCC All-Conference first team. In addition, he was selected to the 1995 Don Hansen's Football Gazette third team and was a member of the 1996 CoSIDA/ESPN The Magazine Academic All-America first team, the Don Hansen's Football Gazette first team, the Associated Press Little All-America first team, and the American Football Coaches Association first team.

He is ranked second all-time in career assisted tackles (315) and career total tackles (428), fifth (1994), sixth (1996), and ninth (1995) in single-season assisted tackles with 90, 87, and 78, respectively, and eighth in single-season total tackles with 119 recorded in 1994.

A former defensive coordinator for the Sioux, Tibesar is currently the linebackers coach for the 2009 CFL Grey Cup champion Montreal Alouettes.

COMPLETE 2010 CANAD INNS SIOUX SPRING FOOTBALL EVENT SCHEDULE

8 a.m.

Tailgating opens in Alerus Center Parking lot (FREE parking)

9:30-10 a.m.

Check-in and registration for kids clinic(enter through Door 1)

Click here to pre-register

10-11:30 a.m.

Kids clinics inside Alerus Center (grades K-8)

Instruction by student-athletes from the football, volleyball, basketball, and soccer teams

All kids, grades K-8, in attendance will receive a free ticket voucher for the Oct. 30 football game against Lamar

11:30 a.m.

Fighting Sioux Club pre-game party begins at Playmakers Lounge

Head coach Chris Mussman to speak to attendees at Noon

11:30 a.m.

Doors open/Events begin on concourse

Bounce House, face painting, concourse music, and much, much more

Autograph session with former UND football captains Scott Schultz and Tim Tibesar

Purchase season tickets

1 p.m.

2010 CANAD INNS SIOUX SPRING FOOTBALL GAME BEGINS!

All events FREE and open to the public.

* Autograph cards will be provided.

Don't forget to take in the full day of festivities tomorrow. It should be interesting to see what Coach Mussman has to say at the Fighting Sioux Club pregame party at Playmakers.

If you can't make it, the game will be shown on SiouXtra for free. But if you wish to sign up for an annual subscription, they are giving a 20% discount for annual subscriptions as a special during the spring game.